Mystery samples

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grrr.... I was gonna cancel next months box and get this but...

Help! Any advice from you ladies?

It is confusing the boxes in the cart again. Plus it won't take my monthly coupon. Says I have to buy something from last months bix.

Ok I solved this one on my own. I called them and it was showing the right box but the order said box B. So it was right. But still the nice lady was having my order pulled by quality control to make certain I get all A boxes and to note that I want all box A's, dups and all.

Now for the even better news for this face cream junkie! I ordered 4 boxes and got them for $18.75 each!

Fallcare14 saves you $25 on $100. So I got $652 worth of products for $75! 60 in all! And with free shipping that arrives Thurs! I will post a pic of what should be a huge haul!

I was getting tired of nickle and diming these beauty boxes and getting everything but what I want, face and body care. Ta da... Now I am good for a long while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Box A: (Accidentally duplicate posted, but why waste space? So here is a pic.)

Box A.jpg

Ok I solved this one on my own. I called them and it was showing the right box but the order said box B. So it was right. But still the nice lady was having my order pulled by quality control to make certain I get all A boxes and to note that I want all box A's, dups and all.

Now for the even better news for this face cream junkie! I ordered 4 boxes and got them for $18.75 each!

Fallcare14 saves you $25 on $100. So I got $652 worth of products for $75! 60 in all! And with free shipping that arrives Thurs! I will post a pic of what should be a huge haul!

I was getting tired of nickle and diming these beauty boxes and getting everything but what I want, face and body care. Ta da... Now I am good for a long while.
Didn't you like box B?

I liked both but if I could only pick one it would be box B

Didn't you like box B?

I liked both but if I could only pick one it would be box B
Actually no. Box B was just too light on skin care. I have found that with good skin care, that I need little makeup. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I find this sort of amusing since I noticed that we often like similar things. You obviously lean more towards balance, and me more towards obsession. LOL....

Anyways, my reason for the 4 boxes of teh same was so I had plenty (full size quantities) to figure out what I like. I really am shopping for new products, and dime sized samples just ain't helping any. Just imagine having a full size of every one of those products! Nice!

Almost forgot! I was warned by the lady on the phone that these are truely mystery boxes and we can get different things. Fingers crossed here that if any are different, they are skin care....

Actually no. Box B was just too light on skin care. I have found that with good skin care, that I need little makeup. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I find this sort of amusing since I noticed that we often like similar things. You obviously lean more towards balance, and me more towards obsession. LOL....

Anyways, my reason for the 4 boxes of teh same was so I had plenty (full size quantities) to figure out what I like. I really am shopping for new products, and dime sized samples just ain't helping any. Just imagine having a full size of every one of those products! Nice!

Almost forgot! I was warned by the lady on the phone that these are truely mystery boxes and we can get different things. Fingers crossed here that if any are different, they are skin care....
I would pick B for the philosophy (assume stuff), butter London (have always wanted to try it), and the Bamboo spray (works great.
I resisted the urge because to get a valid coupon I needed to by 4 (2 of each box) and I am running out of room for my stash :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Did you see the coupon code for FREE samples BEAUTYBAR0814 - you get 20 deluxe samples!

You can add it on top of other coupons - you need to spend at least $75 (which you did) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I saw a pic on a blog

I would pick B for the philosophy (assume stuff), butter London (have always wanted to try it), and the Bamboo spray (works great.

I resisted the urge because to get a valid coupon I needed to by 4 (2 of each box) and I am running out of room for my stash :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Did you see the coupon code for FREE samples BEAUTYBAR0814 - you get 15 deluxe samples!

You can add it on top of other coupons - you need to spend at least $75 (which you did) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I saw a pic on a blog
Arghhh... No, I didn't get the extra samples. I tried to add a three free samples on and the phone lady couldn't get them on. I guess it is too late? Sigh.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.
There was Philosophy in the A box also, wasn't there?

Hey, I have just the thing for you. Mine is packed full, and everything is at my fingertips. I still have my 4 drawers though. Lol.

Brb to edit post with link, I don't trust my Ipad.

Ok, here it is... This thing is HUGE, and much larger than it appears. At my fingertips means things get used. I like things put away, but, oh well.... LoL....

http://www.amazon.com/Piece-Cosmetic-Organizer-Clear-20-9/dp/B000WVZCYQ

Arghhh... No, I didn't get the extra samples. I tried to add a three free samples on and the phone lady couldn't get them on. I guess it is too late? Sigh.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Hey, I have just the thing for you. Mine is packed full, and everything is at my fingertips. I still have my 4 drawers though. Lol.

Brb to edit post with link, I don't trust my Ipad.
If it's not too late you could cancel and redo the order with both promos.

If it is, you could contact them via email with your order #

I did this for another order and they were very helpful and adjusted my order to include the promo :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes!!! He worked magic! Two separate shipments! Yipee!!

Ya know that is 20 items?

I typed my last message as I was taking my cats inside so I could eat dinner. Thank you very very much! I am sooooo happy! I got 80 items for $75! Whoa! Happy dance!
WOOP! WOOP! *raising hands to roof*
You're very welcome, glad I could help :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

WOOP! WOOP! *raising hands to roof*

You're very welcome, glad I could help :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Just got back inside and checked my email. Can't decide if this is great or just good.... You see they created a new order just for the 20 item gift. He had to do some really creative manuvering he said... I guess since my other order had shipped. And I wondered how they would manage this. So it looks like I now have 5 box A's. Uless they do something different with that new order... Dunno... Technically I think box A is worth more than the 20 item. But FIVE? LOL.... Ok candes, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. LOL...

Sample Society Mystery Box ($45 Value)-15 Samples ATotal $0.00
New vaule is now $815 for $75!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back inside and checked my email. Can't decide if this is great or just good.... You see they created a new order just for the 20 item gift. He had to do some really creative manuvering he said... I guess since my other order had shipped. And I wondered how they would manage this. So it looks like I now have 5 box A's. Uless they do something different with that new order... Dunno... Technically I think box A is worth more than the 20 item. But FIVE? LOL.... Ok candes, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. LOL...
 Did the order include the FREE samples as well? Maybe the invoice says box A when in fact it is the sample pack (they might not be able to create an order solely consisting of the samples)

Did the order include the FREE samples as well? Maybe the invoice says box A when in fact it is the sample pack (they might not be able to create an order solely consisting of the samples)
What I quoted above, is pasted from the order. That box line item, is in a sense, the free samples. It would be kewl though if I did get the 20 pack, since 4 of one thing is enough. Maybe there is a comment under that order to pull the 20 sample pack, huh? Well, I will find out on Friday. Hey, better than nothing. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Folks, if you are a face care junkie, this deal is too good to pass up.

On a good note, there is a very recnt variation in box A. Folks are getting Philosopy instead of the Yu Be cream! But that could change... So now I can see why I had the impression Philospophty was in box A.

Someone got a box "A", 2 days ago and got the Philosophy night cream. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Here is their different list!

Box A from 2 days ago:

Alterna Bamboo 48 Hour Sunstainable Volume Spray

Jane Iredale Pure Lash Conditioner

Jane Iredale the Longest Last Mascara

Borghese Splendore Brightening Makeup

Juice Beauty CC Cream

L’occitane Precious Creme

H2O Night Oasis Oxygenating Rejuvenator

Philosophy Hope in a JR Night Moisturizer

Murad Pore and Line Minimizing Hydrator

Alterna Caviar CC Cream

Oscar Blandi Texture and Volume Spray

Lorca POREfection Mattifying Face Primer

Murad Hydrodynamic Moisture for Eyes

Sonya Dakar Flash Facial

Illume Balsam and Cedar Soy Candle

Yeah, my first shipment with the 4 boxes arrived! The free box arrives tomorrow. Now although mine passed through quality control, I am missing 1 lash conditioner.

Burned one of my lovely candles as I tried various things.

Most items did extremely well with swatch tests. That YuBe cream that another reviewer had me dreading actually performed better than many other products on a swatch test.

And the hairspray? How often do we find an aerosol in a 1 oz can to keep in our purse? OMG! I don't need to fix my hair often, but this stuff lifted my slept on roots by 3 inches with one spray. For a quick fix, this stuff will be like starch for your whites. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I got 4 oz worth $25!

Just one item, the Sonya Dakur Flash facial 1.6 oz at $119.82, more than paid for my entire 5 boxes!

Oh gosh, and I nearly skipped this! Faint!

I ordered a 10 item box for funsies and was thoroughly happy with it except it only contained 9 items. 

I emailed CS to see if I could get a replacement item and was told by the rep that the boxes are all pre-packed so she couldn't issue me a single item. Instead she sent an entire new box. It should arrive today!

I ordered a 10 item box for funsies and was thoroughly happy with it except it only contained 9 items. 

I emailed CS to see if I could get a replacement item and was told by the rep that the boxes are all pre-packed so she couldn't issue me a single item. Instead she sent an entire new box. It should arrive today!
And I wasn't gonna say a word. Should I? That sample was soo tiny. I would feel odd after getting the free box after the fact also. What would you do considering they added a free 5th box for a promo code on after my order shipped?

What was in your 9/10 item box? Was it A or B?

Ohhh nooo.... You know that box A of mine that was missing the lash conditioner? It was also missing a very much coveted Murad eye cream. That was one of the most important items in the box! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Only got 13 out of 15 items in that box. Email sent to customer service although I was originally gonna forget about it.

Now some of us have been shorted. Did anyone get any extras? Bet not!

You know I really do feel guilty about them sending me a whole other box. If it would have been both the conditioner and mascara I would have never said a word. And even now I feel bad. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back