Nail Polish Dupes List

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CoverGirl Boundless Color Violet Vision 570 is a really pretty lavender that is also really old (I've had it for ever!). Recently found a dupe for it. WnW Wild Shine Rain Check.

Added bonus: If you're getting a bride's maid dress from David's Bridal, this is an exact match for the color Bluebird.

The top one is Sally Hansen Insta-dry Grape Going! And the bottom one is Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Rock Bottom. Almost the same but Grape Going! has blue flecks in it.

Cover Girl Blue You on the left. WnW Magnetic Don't Break the Circuit on the right. If you don't count that the one is magnetic (which I don't since the magnetics never work for me).

And I must really like this blue because I somehow ended up with 4 nearly identical ones. From top to bottom:

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Teal Steal

Sinful Colors Love Nails

NYC Empire State Blue

Cover Girl Rhythmic Blue

On the left is Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Pumping Iron. On the right is Nichole by O.P.I. Positive Energy.

Originally Posted by chrysalis101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The top one is Sally Hansen Insta-dry Grape Going! And the bottom one is Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Rock Bottom. Almost the same but Grape Going! has blue flecks in it.

Cover Girl Blue You on the left. WnW Magnetic Don't Break the Circuit on the right. If you don't count that the one is magnetic (which I don't since the magnetics never work for me).

And I must really like this blue because I somehow ended up with 4 nearly identical ones. From top to bottom:

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Teal Steal

Sinful Colors Love Nails

NYC Empire State Blue

Cover Girl Rhythmic Blue

On the left is Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Pumping Iron. On the right is Nichole by O.P.I. Positive Energy.

Great swatches, thanks!

Anyone know of a great dupe for rumple's wiggin' from the Shrek OPI collection? That was my favorite shade ever & out of all of the bottles of nail polish I own, that one somehow managed to "explode":(

Here are my dupes, for more details check blog, label Dupe ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

polishes:

OPI - I'm indi-a mood for love

Essie  - Funny face

Catrice - Hot or not?

I was just looking at some blogs and I was wondering if anyone has both Sally Hansen-Strobe Light and Julep-Yumi? If so can you do swatches side by side?

I found this picture but no swatches

Image from spilledpolish

Zorabell, I have both now- I'm trying to convince myself that yumi is a teensy bit darker and slightly more glitter dense the SH (but I could just be hoping).  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If it's not a dead-on dupe, it's so close it might as well be....

For chanels, Revlon's Carbonite is a pretty close dupe for Chanel Graphite, and Perplex is a dupe of Chanel Paradoxal, Black with Envy is a dupe of Chanel Black pearl.  (Revlon seems to do a really good job cloning chanel polishes!)

Going through my (way overflowing stash), to put on my swap list-I found there is a boots polish (no7 # Blackberry) that is a dupe of Revlon Rock Royalty.

I love all the dupes Revlon has also done of Deborah Lippman, since I refuse to pay that much for polish ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Zorabell, I have both now- I'm trying to convince myself that yumi is a teensy bit darker and slightly more glitter dense the SH (but I could just be hoping).  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If it's not a dead-on dupe, it's so close it might as well be....

For chanels, Revlon's Carbonite is a pretty close dupe for Chanel Graphite, and Perplex is a dupe of Chanel Paradoxal, Black with Envy is a dupe of Chanel Black pearl.  (Revlon seems to do a really good job cloning chanel polishes!)

Going through my (way overflowing stash), to put on my swap list-I found there is a boots polish (no7 # Blackberry) that is a dupe of Revlon Rock Royalty.

I love all the dupes Revlon has also done of Deborah Lippman, since I refuse to pay that much for polish ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks for letting me know I figured if Julep ever discontinued Yumi I would pick up the Sally Hansen.

L - R: Color Club Blue-Ming, WetNWild I Need A Refresh-Mint, Finger Paints Tiffany Imposter, Zoya Wednesday, NYC Tudor City Teal.

L - R: butter London Bluey, Finger Paints Avant Garde Green, Illamasqua Veridian, A England St. George.
While they all look similar, Bluey is actually more blue lol. The middle two appear to be dupes to the eye. I threw St. George in because, why not? It looks similar, but has these tiny fine gold, green, and blue bits.. more holographic and a little extra pow!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
L - R: Color Club Blue-Ming, WetNWild I Need A Refresh-Mint, Finger Paints Tiffany Imposter, Zoya Wednesday, NYC Tudor City Teal.
Am I crazy for wanting to add all of these to my collection even thought they look so similar? I already have blue-ming so that's a start lol.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I crazy for wanting to add all of these to my collection even thought they look so similar? I already have blue-ming so that's a start lol.

I'm with you. I'm helpless before any colors similar to these. I also have this problem lately where I want to buy possible dupes so as to do a comparison! If it's teal, aqua, or mint, I pretty much get it eventually.

I'm with you. I'm helpless before any colors similar to these. I also have this problem lately where I want to buy possible dupes so as to do a comparison! If it's teal, aqua, or mint, I pretty much get it eventually.
Lol. . Too funny. At least you blog and have a reason. .I just want more lol.

Lol. . Too funny. At least you blog and have a reason. .I just want more lol.
Haha, thanks for the justification. I don't buy polish for the blog, though, but I blog because I've bought polish. I was trying to organize the stash the other day and I thought: 1. You know you're a nail polish addict when your organization-by-color goes beyond the basics like blue, green and red. Teal and berry and lilac have their own sections. 2. "I should do a comparison between these different glass-flecked greens."

Haha, thanks for the justification. I don't buy polish for the blog, though, but I blog because I've bought polish. I was trying to organize the stash the other day and I thought: 1. You know you're a nail polish addict when your organization-by-color goes beyond the basics like blue, green and red. Teal and berry and lilac have their own sections. 2. "I should do a comparison between these different glass-flecked greens."
Lol! Oh my, yes, yes, and yes.

No pics here, but for those wondering, Zoya Neve is the same as Zoya Imperial Russia (released in the Zang Toi trio earlier this year) and Zoya Giovanna is the same as Zoya Chinoiserie Fantasy. (also part of the Zang Toi set)

I ended up asking on Zoya's live chat because I was curious and didn't want to ending up buying dupes if I could help it because I'm a sucker for greens and purples.

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No pics here, but for those wondering, Zoya Neve is the same as Zoya Imperial Russia (released in the Zang Toi trio earlier this year) and Zoya Giovanna is the same as Zoya Chinoiserie Fantasy. (also part of the Zang Toi set)

I ended up asking on Zoya's live chat because I was curious and didn't want to ending up buying dupes if I could help it because I'm a sucker for greens and purples.
Thanks for letting us know I was thinking about getting the set but sad I missed it.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for letting us know I was thinking about getting the set but sad I missed it.

Speaking of the Zang Toi set I was just on Zoya's website and noticed this

The Zang Toi Fall Winter 2013 Collection

Zoya Nail Polish is honored to collaborate with the highly talented and personally delightful Zang Toi for yet another season of custom color! For the Imperial Russia Collection, the Color Experts at Zoya designed an exclusive Zang Toi Trio set with two gorgeous custom jewel tones, Chinoiserie Fantasy (emerald) and Imperial Russia (amethyst), and a rich gold Peterhof Palace (Zoya Nail Polish in Ziv).

So it looks like Peterhof Palace is the exact same as Ziv, but they are still claiming that the other two colors are custom but they looked the same as Neve and Giovanna imo.

Back