Nail Polish Dupes List

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't find those collections on the site.

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No pics here, but for those wondering, Zoya Neve is the same as Zoya Imperial Russia (released in the Zang Toi trio earlier this year) and Zoya Giovanna is the same as Zoya Chinoiserie Fantasy. (also part of the Zang Toi set)

I ended up asking on Zoya's live chat because I was curious and didn't want to ending up buying dupes if I could help it because I'm a sucker for greens and purples.

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't find those collections on the site.

Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No pics here, but for those wondering, Zoya Neve is the same as Zoya Imperial Russia (released in the Zang Toi trio earlier this year) and Zoya Giovanna is the same as Zoya Chinoiserie Fantasy. (also part of the Zang Toi set)

I ended up asking on Zoya's live chat because I was curious and didn't want to ending up buying dupes if I could help it because I'm a sucker for greens and purples.

Here is the link to the Zang Toi trio

http://www.zoya.com/content/38/category/Zang-Toi-NYFW-FW-2013-CustomColor.html

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Speaking of the Zang Toi set I was just on Zoya's website and noticed this

The Zang Toi Fall Winter 2013 Collection

Zoya Nail Polish is honored to collaborate with the highly talented and personally delightful Zang Toi for yet another season of custom color! For the Imperial Russia Collection, the Color Experts at Zoya designed an exclusive Zang Toi Trio set with two gorgeous custom jewel tones, Chinoiserie Fantasy (emerald) and Imperial Russia (amethyst), and a rich gold Peterhof Palace (Zoya Nail Polish in Ziv).

So it looks like Peterhof Palace is the exact same as Ziv, but they are still claiming that the other two colors are custom but they looked the same as Neve and Giovanna imo.
In the descriptions for Neve and Giovanna they say that they were created for Zang Toi and the Zoya CS gal I chatted with said they're the same polishes that Imperial Russia and Chinoiserie Fantasy are, just renamed to keep with Zoya's naming scheme. They renamed Ziv to Peterhof Palace for the trio release. They released the trio earlier this year (I want to say Marchish?), but I didn't know they still had that particular trio available for sale. Usually the collab sets sell out fairly quickly.

So yeah, if anyone missed out on the trio as a set you can buy the colors individually, just with different names.

L.A. Girl 3D Effects collection has the following dupes for Zoya polishes:

Purple Effect is a dupe for Zoya Aurora

Sparkle Ruby is a dupe for Zoya Blaze

Black Illusion is a dupe for Zoya Storm

I already have Aurora and Blaze, and I don't wear black nail polish, so I got the teal one in this collection, Teal Dimension. I bought it at Rite Aid during a sale for like $3.99. They are $5.00 on lagirlusa.com.

Not a "true" dupe but close enough that if you have one, you have the other.  Bondi Strawberry Fields and Borghese Capri Coral.  The Borghese is slightly brighter and maybe half a shade lighter.

Quote: Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I already have Aurora and Blaze, and I don't wear black nail polish, so I got the teal one in this collection, Teal Dimension. I bought it at Rite Aid during a sale for like $3.99. They are $5.00 on lagirlusa.com.
The blue one is supposed be a dupe for Dream as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by Christa W /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The blue one is supposed be a dupe for Dream as well.

Nice! I got Dream for less during a fab promo, so I'm good there. The teal one is quite fabulous and I haven't seen one like it. Yay for cheapies!

Nice! I got Dream for less during a fab promo, so I'm good there. The teal one is quite fabulous and I haven't seen one like it. Yay for cheapies!
I ordered it (Dream)  too and it should be here today.  I am sad I have no Rite Aid though anywhere near me!

found them online... hmmmmmm....

Hey everyone!  I have a dead on dupe for you.  Last night I picked up a few polishes from the Essie Resort 2014 collection.  There is a dark creme purple called Under the Twilight.  It's a close dupe to Essie's own No More Film with NMF being a bit more on the blue side.  However, I was rocking a sale of OPI today and I grabbed Miss You-niverse from the Miss Universe 2013 collection and I thought Miss You-niverse was a tad bit lighter.  When I swatched them I realized they are EXACT dupes.

Left to right: Essie No More Film, OPI Miss You-niverse, Essie Under the Twilight.

Top is Essie Under the Twilight, bottom is the OPI Miss You-niverse. 

do you all have any other nail polish brands to recommend?
smiletongue.gif
I'm currently using my old ones it's called Angel Pro ( https://www.facebook.com/AngelPro.HQ ) and they are really good because they do not emit foul smell and dries in seconds. Worth trying this brand out anyways! 
dance.gif

Back