Nail polish hoarders...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Anyone know of an inexpensive nail polish rack? Im really on a tight budget. lol They have some on Trans Design if you look under polish racks. I also heard someone else say they used a wall spice rack for theirs which I thought was a great idea.

Leticia has an old spice rack she uses. Like Dalylah just said transdesign have them, so do head2toebeauty and I think maybe even 8ty8beauty might as well?

I think I'm becoming a nail hoarder - I got into nails half a year ago and since then i've bought 40 - 50 (or possibly more) nail polishes! I think I'm crazy :X

g'day ladies,

I'm Ivy, and i am a nail polish addict!

i hail from South Australia, Australia. and with thanks to my friend who runs a nail polish blog.

polish galore.com (no spaces for anyone interested)

I have become totally addicted to polish, prior to Krystal bringing her obsession to me, i used to paint my nails once a fortnight if i felt like it, Now i am doing a new mani every 2 days or so.

I have about 30 bottles of polish of all different brands, my fav being my newly acquired China Glaze sent to me from the USA.

However after a little web searching today, My fav to be is Aria by Zoya, (named for my daughter) and Ivy (named for me!) also by Zoya. But at $17 a bottle, its going to be a while off before i own them.

Anyways enough about me on my first post on this forum. I cant wait to read all about your nail polish tips and hints!

Hi ladies!  I'm new here and already enjoying the forum.  Wow! Great ideas on places to store nail polish.  I don't own nearly as much nail as some of you, but for my 10 bottles I keep them in my kitchen cabinet!

You can make your own if you're handy with power tools. I'll be making mine soon and once I do I'll post the dimensions of the unit along with what else I used to make it.

I've always loved and owned a lot of nail polish, but since my friends got me to co-write a nail polish blog ( http://apolishedlife.blogspot.com ) I've become a full out polish-holic!  My friend keeps her polish drawers and in a rack like Bec688 posted above.  Right now I keep mine in plastic baskets, but I really want to get myself a rack one of these days!!

I have no idea how many polishes I have but I do know I have enough to fill six shoe boxes completely full.
rolleyes.gif

You guys think 60 polishes is bad? I just passed the 400 mark. LOL.

Right now I have five plastic shoe-bin things, all are overflowing.

A lot of people in one of my Facebook groups have a ton of polish too, and they keep them in Helmers or in storage things they get from Michael's that're like the three drawer wooden version of Helmers(which are nicknamed Melmers).  I'm looking into the Melmer option, since there's no IKEA near me and I'm not paying 50 bucks for shipping.

I just use a plastic bin from the dollar store. You can get them in all shapes and sizes that would fit anywhere, like under your bed or in your closet. And then you can arrange them by colour, not that I have enough to do this, haha.

omg girl i love your blog! im a nail polish haorder as well .n have u checked out opi holland collection? the colors r so cute

omg 400! wow i wish i had that i have like 80 lol

[multi-posts merged]

I have around 250. I store them by color in a Melmer from Michaels. My melmer is getting full, so I think its time that I got rid of some.

really cool i think i saw those at micheals

wow. n hey did u get ure birchbox already?

I confess, i'm a nail polish hoarder 2, lol! I've only been addicted since May and as of today my collection totals 662. Since I don't really have the floor space for any type of cabinet storage I had to use my walls. I didn't want to spend a lot of money buying the many racks that I would need, so built them using form board and hot glue. Three have been mounted securely for 5 months and I recently made 3 more. I also store them in plastic shoe boxes.

Back