Nail polish hoarders...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
400!  OMG!  That's heaven and insanity rolled into 1!  I keep mine in a large tool box. I think I have around 80-100 but I've never counted. 

OMG, this is so cute and cost effective!!! I'd like to go through you polishes its like a museum!!! LOL

Originally Posted by Nevaeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I confess, i'm a nail polish hoarder 2, lol! I've only been addicted since May and as of today my collection totals 662. Since I don't really have the floor space for any type of cabinet storage I had to use my walls. I didn't want to spend a lot of money buying the many racks that I would need, so built them using form board and hot glue. Three have been mounted securely for 5 months and I recently made 3 more. I also store them in plastic shoe boxes.

I have mine in plastic shoebox type of things, but I have quite a few of them now, so am thinking about purchasing some sort of a cabinet from Ikea :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Right now I am keeping them in a container in my makeup drawer but haven't got many since I have just started my collection.........

Originally Posted by Nevaeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...my collection totals 662.
So what's your address again? LOL (J/K)
waccha.gif

Originally Posted by barefoothipmama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm gonna check out the thrift stores around here and see if I can't score a spicr rack lol!
Check your local dollar store (if you have one). Sometimes they have $1 spice/bath racks there. I'm eyeing the swivel spice one from "As Seen on TV" but I don't want to pay $20 for it especially since it probably won't hold more than a dozen or so nail polishes.

I have over 300 bottles of polish I haven't counted them

this is a video showing my entire collection that I had just at home I had more at work and then I have more for swap/giveaway I really want the ikea Alex but its over 580 to buy it and ship it to my house. Right now I have the shelf jammed packed (even more since this video) and the shelf I am using right now is one my old man found at a flea market for $10 and its actually a display case mounted on the wall without the plastic or glass in the door. I have no clue what to get I am trying to find something locally to use since shipping something in seems to be too expensive. I also don't have alot of space and anything I get has to fit in the bottom of my closet.

I bought a giant tackle box, it has spacers so I can organize as needed. It is huge. I must have 50 bottles, plus numerous files and nail stickers. Love it. Its a biggie but works perfect!!!

I've never counted how many I have (but it's a lot, lol). I'm going through right now and using all of my polishes for the next umpteenth months. I'm on a no-buy til I finish.

I have 2 acrylic wall holder things that you see in salons (each holds about 106 nail polishes... and they're chock full). I also have 3 paint trays with little trays in them that I got at the dollar store that I use as under bed storage, also a big plastic container (that used to house pretzels) and a bag about half full of left overs that I need to store in my overflowing bins.

I don't know if that makes any sense? I can take pictures of the paint tray/bin things tonight if anyone wants to see.

I have a modest amount of polish (roughly 60 or so) and recently outgrew my storage method, which was basically a decorative shoebox.  My husband wanted an excuse to buy a new saw, so he got a table saw and I got a wall rack.  A win-win for both of us!  It's big enough for twice the polish number I currently have and has adjustable shelves, which is nice.

I have a TON which is especially scary since until about a year and a half ago, I had one bottle.  I have on Julep's Brandt right now and felt so proud of myself that I was using a color for at least the 2nd or 3rd time.  I really shouldn't buy any polishes for years and I could still probably not dent them.  Instead, I ordered a Deborah Lippmann Big Bang collection and Butter London's Disco Biscuit with the 20% Sephora code.  

I hang my head in shame.

I have two Helmers:  One silver-gray and one red.  If they came in more colors, I would have more.  I'm not a fan of white.  Or yellow, which they don't have anymore, but even when they did, I wasn't interested.  But green and/or blue?  In a heartbeat, even if I didn't need any more polish storage.

Yay.  Fellow polish hoarders.   I've always loved polish but only started collecting around Nov 2012.  Since then I've acquired over 350.  I used to store them under my futon in dollar store baskets.

The nearest Ikea is a 20 hour drive away and shipping fees are hideous so I bought one of the Michael's Craft store versions of the Helmer.  The only caution is to be careful when you pull out the drawers as they can easily slide out of the brackets holding the drawers in place if you don't keep a hand under the drawer to support it.   I can get around 300 polishes in those three drawers.   There's usually a 50% off coupon in Michaels flyers which makes them pretty cost effective.

I store mine on a nail polish rack.  Its the most efficient way to store them and you can see each and every polish without digging through a drawer or container full of them.  I have 3 racks each holding 90 aprox.  

I have somewhere between 500-600.  I save up my swagbucks and buy the acrylic racks on amazon.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VN31JO/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

I have 4 of them now and one my husband built for me but I still need a couple more.  I was talking to my husband about coming up with a permanent solution and we have an idea that if he builds it, would really do the trick.  We're in the process of redoing the whole house with new paint, trim and window coverings so I just might get it since he's got his motivation on.  

Back