Naked palette on sephora.com now!!!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know. It really irks me. They can't keep this up forever. I am glad I got mien before this whole thing got so out of hand.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know. It really irks me. They can't keep this up forever. I am glad I got mien before this whole thing got so out of hand.

I submitted this as one of my potential subjects for my theseis!! go on facebook. you miss everything i have so much to fill yo in on.

Maaaaaannnnnn.  I talked myself out of this palette for months.  Every time I thought I wanted it I'd swatch it at Sephora and change my mind.  Then the universe conspired against me.  It came up on Sephora *and* I got the email from UD that my number came up on the wait list.  I figured I'd fix the jones and go swatch it again.  Didn't work.  I walked out in love with it so I just used my UD link to buy it...and The Beast(hubby) is gonna be very unhappy.  Maybe I can pass it off as and early V-day gift?????

I'm feeling really lucky I got this before it became so hard to get.  I just randomly bought it in the summer at Ulta because I wanted a new palatte with neutrals.  Later I found out that no one could buy it anywhere.  For anyone considering it - I think it's worth it if you like shimmery neutral eye shadow.

Oh man, I wanna try this palette out sometime and see how good it really is. It's like, EVERYONE wants it!! Neutral colors is something I lack, so I'd like to get my hands on these sometime. How come Urban Decay doesn't just make more of these when they know it's in high demand? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got mine a few days after ordering it.  I though my man would be angry, or even furious, BUT he wasn't.  He was relieved that I FINALLY bought it, now I can "shut up about the stupid Naked Palette" lmao. Anywho, I love it! I am not a big neutral girl, but I still use it everyday. There are some GORGEOUS colors in it!! I am one happy camper :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Did you see they changed it and upped the price on Sephora?  It now has a shadow brush instead of the dual eyeliner and it's $48.

There have also been a lot of bad review about quality control...finger prints in the shadows when it's opened.

^^ Ha! What a guy. I know my husband wants to shut me up when I obsess about a certain product.

Glad i got it for $44. $48 isnt that much of a difference but still. I used it for the first time today and I am in LOVE. LOVE!!!

Yeah mine had fingerprints and I was really disappointed. But I got the last one and that sucker was not going back. I just figured someone had already opened it. Looks like it's a bigger problem.

I really think people are mistaking prints from the lid as fingerprints. There is no way that the finger print thing is that wide spread. It's got a cardboard lid, and it is really easy to make prints on the top of shadows.

I don't know what it is, but I think there's definately a quality control issue going on.  If it were the lid this would have been a known issue a long time ago and discussed to death by now.  It wouldn't just suddenly appear on one batch more than a year after production started.  I think Sephora bought a huge batch, rushed the company to produce, and got bit by a bad product run for it.

Something went wrong some where.  Is it a careless employee dragging fingers across the product when placing pans? ~ hope not!  But in assembly line production it is possible for one person to have contact with a huge amount of product on a daily basis.  If they're there a week...Yikes!

Well that is weird.  My palette shipped yesterday.  Lets see if there are prints on mine. lol

This is from their fb status.

We had problems getting Naked. But now we've got it handled. Here's the deal: We couldn't make 24/7 pencils fast enough to fill all the Naked Palettes our UDers wanted. We're replacing the pencil with a full-sized Good Karma Shadow Brush so we can keep getting you Naked. Yeah, it's a couple bucks more - $48 - but it's a $26 brush and really amazing.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/urbandecaycosmetics/posts/102227773185192

ya know.. I do like that brush and as i have 4806748075487548 eye liners I kinda wish I had one with the brush...

My shadows definitely had fingerprints. It's definitely possible someone in the store wanted to see/swatch them.

Back