Name makeup purchases you regret and why.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what I remember now:

• revlon color stay eye shadow quad. It is very poorly pigmented thus barely visible. I don't think it enhances my eyes at all, no matter how I use them.
  • revlon skinlight illusion wand concealer. the color is too yellowish and it doesn't cover undereye circles at all. Now it just takes up space in my makeup box.

Oh cool! I never bought in to the hype anyway because i knew i wouldnt have much use for them!

Hmmm. I have purchased many things that I regret. Most of them end up being returned! Here a few that came to mind....

- Bare Minerals: Gave me cystic acne and made my face itch horribly.

- Pro-Activ: Made my face peel until it was raw.

- All Mac Face Product (powder, foundation, primer): Breaks me out bad!

- Dior Shadows: No pigment??

- Rimmel Macara (the one with comb): What a mess! Clumps for days!

- Revlon Colorstay Foundation: Breaks me out!

:icon_twis

Oh yeah, I need to add that one to my list... my biggest complaint was that it took too long to dry; as soon as I blinked my deep-set eyes, I had mascara all over my face! :icon_evil

Yeah I bought that a long time ago, and said, oh, gross, and promptly threw it out. I cant even remember most of the stupid or just not for me purchases, most are drugstore since you cant test them, so I always buy the wrong thing. Those Revlon creme shadows, I cant remember what they are called, but they were nasty, loreal lipstick only b/c I hate the taste, it makes me want to vomit, Maybelline Shine Free stuff (EVERYONE my age wore this when I was in middle school, until one day I finally realized it looked like complete crap on my face, Coty airspun loose powder, turns orange on my face, smells, Cover Girl loose powder turns dark brown on me after a short while and I hate the smell, pretty much all loose powder I hate b/c they arent translucent and turn a weird color, I have bought some weird shades of lipstick and eyeshadow in many brands, it wasnt the brand that was bad, it just looked pretty in the package and crapola on me.

Kiss Me Mascara....too expensive for as little benefit that it gave me. The only thing I liked about it was the staying power but I just don't have the lashes to pull it off!!!!

That's funny you hate the CG loose powder because that is one of my favorite products ever! I don't notice it changing color on me, and it keeps my oily face matte longer than any department store brand powder I've tried! Combined with some blotting sheets for touch-ups, and I can finally keep my face fairly matte all day!

And yeah, I have bought a few lipsticks that looked bad on me but the products themselves weren't that bad!

Estée Lauder Graphic Color Eyeshadow Quad Charming Pink - gives no colour on eyelids

The Revlon creme shadows are indeed nasty. I've been trying to work with them for days now and I can't find a way that works.

I'm with the others on the Maybelline Great Lash feelings.

Thumbs down also on the Clinique three-step face programs.

Avon lipsticks (awful texture, scent, very drying)

MAC Prrr lipglass (way too frosty on me)

Prescriptives eye tint in bubble (billed as a creme eyeshadow that didn't crease---ummmm, I don't think so. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

MAC l/s in cherish, twig, taupe in search of a nude lip (all made me look dead, despite alternate lipliners, gloss on top, etc---if it takes that much to look awful, it's the wrong lippie)

Benefit Dr. Feelgood ~ broke my skin out very bad

Maybelline Great lash ~ Terrible mascara

Bare Escentuals Magic Wand Brushless mascara ~ You need a brush when putting on mascara unless you want the three lash look

I'm sure there is more :icon_roll

I can't say I really REGRET because it has all been fun to try. I have about twenty different shades of red lipstick, about three of which actually work on me. I have about fifty lipsticks. glosses, etc. that I don't use. I had great fun getting my Urban Decay eyeshadow group, but I hardly ever use it anymore. Most of them look like crap on me, just too radical. I greatly prefer MAC shadows. Most of the "free with purchase" eye shadows end up in my extra makeup bin.

Maybelline Lash XXL Mascara... The stuff was WAY too gunky and really only make my lashes spidery and tubular!

theres many that ive tried and hated but heres the few i remember...

almay eyeshadows, they are impossible to blend and hardly have any pigment

revlon foundations and mascara's, ive tried several and all were a bust

loreal invisible lift foundation, oh it lifted allright, it felt like it lifted the skin right off my face! i was red and irritated for days, i blame the retinol A for this

true match, i think its by maybelline, the match was ok but the product wasnt, it left me chalky and cakey looking, totally dried out my skin which i dont need any help in that department

stila, i got this nice stila pallete which came with a few eyeshadows and a blush,the blush was a great color, a nice darker peach, it was part of the oriental collection(?) well anyway the blush wasnt very blendable and left me sorta clownish...i still manage to use it though because the color is so great.

too faced lip injection, umm can we say ouch! this stuff went on like a regular clear gloss, which wasnt bad, until the pain kicked in, holy moses what were they thinking!? after a minute on my lips i couldnt bare it anymore so i washed it off. i must say that after i was left with nice pink lips lol....but no plump :icon_roll

Haven't really regretted anything, ooh actually except MAC shadestick just wasn't keen on them.

I tried the Bobbi Brown line, because of all the hype about realism. Unfortunately the color base is too yellow/orange for me.

I am with the Rimmel with a comb mascara, the stuff smears all over the place.

Bare Minerals foundations are all to dark for me.

Urban Decay concealer way to dark and orangey.

CG cosmetics in general I think it is the smell they have.

Dr Brandts Lineless line, I like the Poreless and the microdermabrasion in a jar but with the lineless I saw no noticeable result.

Murad skincare products, exspensive and are suppose to be for clearing your skin, broke me out like mad.

L'oreal Renoviste is a peel that is suppose to have dramatic results, no results just a waste of time going through the process.

I am sure there are more but those came to mind.

Back