Navel Piercing - Sexy or not?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha seems like everyone has is now, just like getting your ears pierced.... But i still think its sexy.

I have one and I LOVE it :) and i get tons of compliments on it, and guys seem to like it too...but if youre considering one, do it for you, not for anyone else. if people don't find it attractive, thats okay as long as you do it's all the matters
biggrin.gif

I've had my navel pierced for about 2 years now & I really love it. I think that as long as you have the confidence to wear it- then its a piercing for you. I don't show mine all the time- in fact I rarely show it, since I'm rarely swimming - so its like a little secret for me & I show it when I want. I dont really wear clothing that shows off the navel area so its all good. I think you can still be modest with a piercing like this. My nostril piercing is harder to convince people to like, because it is on the face & i do have very traditional parents.
smile.gif

I think you should go for it. You can always take it out if u dont like it
smile.gif

PS the pain is super minimal. & im totally pain intolerant.

Hahw yeah like everyone has said it looks best on skinnier women and not the classiest thing to have when youre much older. i have an average stomach but I still wish i was skinny enough to have one :/

I never got mine as a 'show off' piece, I always just wanted one and got it done for me, most people aren't even aware I have it done!

I have one, so it must be sexy
biggrin.gif

No, but seriously. I think they look good on all people. It doesn't matter if your stomach is flat or not. I got mine done when I was 14 because I hated my body so much. I thought my stomach was too "fat" and that I looked ugly. It somehow changed when I got that piercing. It made me feel pretty.

I don't like them. They're not ugly to me, just prefer the look of an unpierced belly button. I don't understand my sister. She has an outie & hates it, but wants to get a belly ring.

Im with Ricababy, it's kind of a secret that I have that makes me feel good about myself - not everyone gets to see it!

I really like mine, I got it done a few years ago (a little bit after the trend, I think I was 21 or 22 ish?) and I don't regret it at all.

For a start, whether or not people like it doesn't really matter, because mostly it's just me that gets to see it.

And, when I get old, if I hate it or I think it's un-classy, I can always take it out. But honestly, I don't really get how it can be unclassy, if no one can even see it. For me, unclassy is showing a g-string (thong) at the back of your jeans, or not wearing any underwear when you go to a club!

wont you worry about getting an infection with body piercing. I have heard of horror stories about infected piercing and inflammation of body parts

I think they are nice, I always wanted one, but I dont have a flat stomach. A flat stomach is vital for a piercing.

I left my ring out 1 week, just 1 and the hole's closed up! Dammit! I'm so mad, cuz I'm working hard at getting my stuff in order so I could wear a 2 piece on the beach at Christmas... Now no hole to put a ring in. AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I personally, don't really like them on ANYONE.

Well, like just a basic ring is fine but if someone gets like a dangly one with "diamonds" on it can look a bit...no

I got mine done for my 17th b-day. I used to hate my belly button because there´s a birthmark (it´s really small) in there. So I got it pierced, and the ring (well it´s a heart actually) distracts from the birthmark.

I think it looks good on everyone, you don´t need a flat stomach. Unless you wanna show it off all the time, then a flat stomach is in order.

arleene, you are only likely to get an infection if:

A. you have incredibly sensitive skin which reacts badly to various metals

OR

B. you haven't taken care of it properly, or the instructions given to you by your piercer were not sufficient or were incorrect.

For me, the first day, I went swimming in the sea, and the salt water is supposed to aid healing, but after that I would wash mine every night in the shower with antibacterial soap to get rid of any gunge and stop it from sticking, and I've never had an infection with it ever.

Personally I don't like them... off all the piercings you can get they are on of the most unhygienic and generally smell pretty bad, no matter how clean you are yourself. I think they're over done and pretty much every girl has one now =/

Originally Posted by Sherbert-Kisses /img/forum/go_quote.gif Personally I don't like them... off all the piercings you can get they are on of the most unhygienic and generally smell pretty bad, no matter how clean you are yourself. I think they're over done and pretty much every girl has one now =/ IMHO i think it's heaps more hygienic than a nose piercing or any mouth-piercing.
Staphylcoccus.. bleh!

Back