New Limited Box - La Praire

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tell my self its an investment! If I wont take care of my skin, then who will? Be happy! Its a great value!!
I so agree with you. These products are awesome and if I really like them I will continue with them. I have been looking for a really good skin care line for a while. Have tried many out there. With me getting older, I have to be more carefully and need a product that will help with the aging problems I might face. It's an investment, an investment in keeping my facial and neck skin in good condition. Unfortunately it's a fact of life that aging occurs. I saw this product in Elle and I even wrote Glossybox to consider putting it in our boxes so I could try it out and low and behold a few days later they came out with this set!!!! How is that for timing. I couldn't believe it. I also am so glad as I really wanted this collection! I hope others are able to get this if they want it and it works for us all!!!

I bought one. I had thought it was an expensive skin care line, until I checked out the la prairie website. Heart palpitations....now I don't know whether I want to love it or not. Is there a word for exponentially expensive?
Right.... when I was looking up the prices, la mer was popping up, and was cheaper.

Quote: Originally Posted by camel11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Right.... when I was looking up the prices, la mer was popping up, and was cheaper.
The prices are... 
scream3.gif
 Beyond description. They do make La Mer sound cheap.

Just got one for my MIL's birthday next month.  I hope I get major brownie points in addition to glossydots!

Aghh. Any codes for new glossy-box subscribers? 

I'm on the fence--if I get it, it's a great deal, but if I love it, I'm gonna be broke forever.

Aghh. Any codes for new glossy-box subscribers?  I'm on the fence--if I get it, it's a great deal, but if I love it, I'm gonna be broke forever.
We are all going to be broke forever and ever and ever!!!!!!! : ). : ). : ). Hahahahah aha!!!!

Sooooo WTF. I've never subbed Glossybox before, and I decided to buy this special edition box. And now I'm pissed

For some reason, even though I added the special edition box to my cart and confirmed the purchase, Glossybox just emailed me confirming a 6month box for over $100, which is more than double the amount on the checkout screen. I actually had the window still open and the browser history definitely says "La Prairie GLOSSYBOX" --> "Checkout" --> "Checkout". I tried calling them but their office is already closed and will be for the weekend, and so I ended up emailing them asking them about the mixup. I'm calling my credit card company now to figure out if I can get a stop-payment on the charge.

Super shady--I thought glossybox is reputable?

I've never had a problem with ordering with GB. 
I haven't either and they've always been gracious! Just let them know when you can and I'm sure they will take care of it!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We are all going to be broke forever and ever and ever!!!!!!! : ). : ). : ). Hahahahah aha!!!!

Hehe, if possible, I'd view this purchase as a skin-spa vacation, since you know it is sold at spas.  I just think of it as when I was able to stay at La Costa or Four Seasons, first because a friend from Taiwan was playing women's professional there and the 2nd because a buddy working for Wells Fargo won the 'Golden Spokes' award and was sent to Hawaii for 10 days and he picked me!  It is most certainly out of my budget to drop $400 or $700 a night at a hotel,
hahaha.gif
....  As if I would EVER do that, ever... okay or COULD...
laughno.gif

I knew I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it but I was very very clear that each experience was more akin to a 'bucket' list item.  To keep my wits about me, so that I won't feel a giant bummer when it came time to leave the ohaahhhhh billionair's motel and then suffer "post 5-star-resort part 'um"  for the month to follow.

Just sorta say to you yourself, my skin is going on a spa-vacation for a month.  Like someone bringing you roses for a special occasion but you wouldn't expect it every day.  But hey!!!  If you can get one single rose delivered for $1 each day for the month of February, why the heck not!!! 

BTW, no signs of any codes that could be used with this box yet right?  Gosh with all my rationalization, I am soooooooooo upto the neck with products, got 4 quart-size tupper-ware in the back of fridge filled with products - face serum, face lotion, eye cream and opened stuff on rotation...

Just wanted to throw in that I am currently in love with LANCÔME ABSOLUE PREMIUM Bx - Absolute Night Recovery Cream for my peri-mena skin surviving the NY dry winters, on anything else my skin wakes up dry but this stuff is amazing.  It's $180 for 2.7 oz (still half the unit cost of La Prarie), I've been living on 3 generous Sephora testers for the past month and squirling away $12 each month for a skin cream splurge when I've sufficiently tested my sample stash.

i read through the whole thread and did some googling...but couldn't find this information.. Does anyone know how much the total value of this box is? thanks!

i read through the whole thread and did some googling...but couldn't find this information.. Does anyone know how much the total value of this box is? thanks!
No, but they (La Prairie) has a travel size somewhere I saw with 5 smaller products in it and it was $280.00. That is the closest thing I can come up with??????

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried to figure it out the other night since it's going to be a gift...  Two items haven't been revealed yet.  Of the three that are:

Foam Cleanser  -  full size 125 ml / $75.00  (sample size from "Age Defense Set" 50 ml / $30.00)
Cellular Refining Lotion  -  full size 250 ml / $95.00  (sample size from "Age Defense Set" 60 ml / approx. $22.84)
Essence of Skin Caviar Eye Complex  -  full size 15 ml / $135.00 (sample size tubes I've seen on eBay are 5 ml / $45.00)

So that's $97.84 value for the first three reveals if my math (and the guessed sample sizes) are correct.  (Please feel free to update if they aren't!)

If the other new yet-to-be revealed product guesses are also correct, I believe their full-sizes retail for $300.00 each.

Edited to add already-posted link of the two potential mystery items: http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/skin-care/la-prairie-swiss-ice-crystal

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, but they (La Prairie) has a travel size somewhere I saw with 5 smaller products in it and it was $280.00. That is the closest thing I can come up with??????

Quote: Originally Posted by shutterblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried to figure it out the other night since it's going to be a gift...  Two items haven't been revealed yet.  Of the three that are:

Foam Cleanser  -  full size 125 ml / $75.00  (sample size from "Age Defense Set" 50 ml / $30.00)
Cellular Refining Lotion  -  full size 250 ml / $95.00  (sample size from "Age Defense Set" 60 ml / approx. $22.84)
Essence of Skin Caviar Eye Complex  -  full size 15 ml / $135.00 (sample size tubes I've seen on eBay are 5 ml / $45.00)

So that's $97.84 value for the first three reveals if my math (and the guessed sample sizes) are correct.  (Please feel free to update if they aren't!)

If the other new yet-to-be revealed product guesses are also correct, I believe their full-sizes retail for $300.00 each.

Edited to add already-posted link of the two potential mystery items: http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/skin-care/la-prairie-swiss-ice-crystal

thank you! i've been debating about this (especially now that i set a no buy until feb 15) and came across this other MUT thread:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/86010/is-la-prairie-la-mer-sisley-worth-the-money

i'm very tempted to take the plunge!

thank you! i've been debating about this (especially now that i set a no buy until feb 15) and came across this other MUT thread: https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/86010/is-la-prairie-la-mer-sisley-worth-the-money i'm very tempted to take the plunge!
That would be up to you, but I think it would be an awesome change if only for a short period of time. Sometimes our skin needs a break from what we normally use and it good to let it have a SPA RETREAT!!! Once in a while. We need to take care of our facial skin and part of that is giving it a vacation of sorts and I consider this set my faces vacation!! It needs to be babied and cared for and this is an opportunity to do it at a reasonable price! I am being an enabler, I know but there you go!

The lovely rich cream I currently use at night is almost finished so I used that as excuse to go ahead with this box...I can't afford to use it long term at least not 5 products from this range but it will be great to try something different and this may be the only way I ever will consider trying this brand!

Do you think the items included will be primarily anti-aging items? Looking at the site and some of the links inlcused primarily show anti-aging stuff. I'd planned to sign up but now I'm not so sure. I've not really thought about using anti-aging stuff before and don't know if I really want to spend that much for items that I don't really need.

Back