New Limited Box - La Praire

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used the set almost the week and still have plenty. I use my abyssine cream in addition during the day for the SPF so I only use a tiny bit. At night I use a bit more and put my kiehls ultra facial cream over it since I don't like the smell either. It would be way too much if smell if I only used the La Prairie. I see a bit of a difference in my forehead so far.

I've used mine probably 4-5 days in a row now and I've barely made a dent. You don't need much!

Quote: Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't used the oil yet because it scares me! So precious!

I did notice that the eye serum made my eyes feel really weird though. I put it on and about an hour later I noticed dark brownish circles under my eyes and they seemed kinda sore. That's the closest word I can think of to what they felt like. Anyway, I don't usually have a problem with dark circles so I just thought it was kind of odd. I don't think I'll be using that anymore.

I love the face wash and the cream though! Very nice!

I've been putting the eye serum on before I go to bed and when I wake up my eyes hurt. I haven't seen any dark circles though. I'm going to not put the eye serum on for a few nights and see if my eyes feel sore when I wake up. This hasn't happened to me until the last couple of nights.

I haven't used the oil yet because it scares me! So precious!

I did notice that the eye serum made my eyes feel really weird though. I put it on and about an hour later I noticed dark brownish circles under my eyes and they seemed kinda sore. That's the closest word I can think of to what they felt like. Anyway, I don't usually have a problem with dark circles so I just thought it was kind of odd. I don't think I'll be using that anymore.

I love the face wash and the cream though! Very nice!

That's how my eyes feel and react when they are allergic to a product.  In my experience, if I continue using the product, they will get puffy and dry/crackly.  

Quote: Originally Posted by camel11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's how my eyes feel and react when they are allergic to a product.  In my experience, if I continue using the product, they will get puffy and dry/crackly.  
Uh oh! I guess I won't be using it anymore! I do love all of the other stuff though. I'd give my left arm for some more of that moisturizing cream though!

You could be getting to close to your eye with the cream if it is hurting your eyes. Most eye creams are meant to put on your orbital bone and not the eyelids since it can smear and travel on it own.

It hurt under my eyes, not the actual eye. It felt kind of like I had a black eye.

Quote: Originally Posted by lizbetstyle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been putting the eye serum on before I go to bed and when I wake up my eyes hurt. I haven't seen any dark circles though. I'm going to not put the eye serum on for a few nights and see if my eyes feel sore when I wake up. This hasn't happened to me until the last couple of nights.

Quote: Originally Posted by camel11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Uh oh! I guess I won't be using it anymore! I do love all of the other stuff though. I'd give my left arm for some more of that moisturizing cream though!

I have issues with most eye creams and for me dimethicone seem to be the common ingredient - i.e. silicone...  Does the eye product contain any type of 'cone'?  I hesitated because I couldn't find an ingredient's list on the eye cream then it was sold out.

Quote: Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have issues with most eye creams and for me dimethicone seem to be the common ingredient - i.e. silicone...  Does the eye product contain any type of 'cone'?  I hesitated because I couldn't find an ingredient's list on the eye cream then it was sold out.
I didn't try these even though I bought them once I saw the lonnnggg ingredient lists.  For me, the fragrance is an automatic no -- especially for my eyes.  They are SUPER sensitive to added fragrance, even in products not touching my eye skin.

So the cleanser is not really compatible with my Clarisonic and I had not been using it because the face wash would not foam up it would just slip right off my face. Well yesterday I had creases on both sides of my nose but the rest of my face looked amazing. I guess the cause is usually sleeping on your face which I do every night. I used the Clarisonic this morning by mixing the La Prairie with my regular cleanser. The creases faded. I can feel the one on the left side but it is not really visible. I guess my skin really like the stimulation from the Clarisonic. Time to get a silk pillow case!

Really loving the everything still.

Ladies since many of you are into high end skincare...I was wondering if anyone has tried "from the lab"....

I'm not finding tonnes of info on it but I like the sounds of what they are doing.  Its a sub box that is supposed to send you the latest & greatest in skincare before it hits the markets.  According to their site everything is "free of parabens, benzene, formaldehyde-releasing ingredients, irritants, nanoparticles, nitrosating ingredients, PABA, phthalates, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate, toluene, and mineral oils and other comedogenic actives that clog pores".

I love the price point and reviews say that what they send out is very hard to finish in 30 days (everything is full size).

Right now $109 gets you a six month sub but you have to pay for shipping - plus you get to choose 2 past boxes as well.

I'm really keen on trying face cream 594 and also interested in 590 & 591 (to me they sound similar to amorepacific).   After shipping thats 8 boxes for 144.70 and I assume thats more skincare than I could get from la praire and although I'm enjoying the products my skin isn't where I'd like it to be.

I'm finding that when I use the la prarie products my skin is drier in the day time although its nice and soft.  It lacks the glow that I can get from using products with vitamin c.  My issue has been that I find products that my skin loves and I love the results of but after a year or so I don't get the same results.  I try and mix things up and go back to products and sometimes that helps.  I also change products seasonally as with different weather/climates I find my skin needs something different.

Right now I'm mainly using Anne Semonin and juice beauty and supplementing with the la prarie products.  

I think they have a good referral program to. 

Also it looks like if you fall in love with any of their products you can buy them from their website for around $30 each which seems reasonable as at retail many of the items are around $150!

If anyone is looking for any of these products PM me. I've tried them all once and they're just not for me but it seems like a waste to toss them. They're gone!

I went to the La Prairie counter at Nordstrom and they made me a sample of a hydrating face mask... $300!!!! I want, I want, I want... Like the creams were good but not quite enough to spend that kind of cash but the mask!!!!!

Back