New Limited Box - La Praire

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by jeannea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box today in Massachusetts
biggrin.gif

Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Cream .23 oz
Dry Oil .17 oz
Essence of Skin Caviar Eye Complex .17 oz
Foam Cleanser 1.7 oz
Cellular Refining Lotion 2.0 oz

also in MA and my box was delivered today as well!!  I cannot wait to get home - I have a sephora, my la prairie and a qvc item  (really cute cardigan)

Kicking myself for not buying a set for my mum too...sigh...and I would have hoarded another set for me had I thought about it more....

Mine should come today! So glad I got gifts for my MIL. And my Mom for mothers day! I also got several for myself or another gift or two. So I'm happy about it all! They are such awesome gifts and good quality! : ). I hope everyone's boxes get to them and everyone is happy with it all!'!!

I got my monthly box and a few of the Laprairie boxes and can't seem to even open the little boxes! I opened The big box just to make sure all was there and then have been looking at them since then!! It's funny, I know I will have to open a brand new container of very expensive skin care and it makes me nervous!!!!!!! LOL

My box is in Transit! Whatever that means. Now it just needs to hurry across all that cold weather to get to me. We were hoping for rain this week but the weather just says cloudy tomorrow. All the rain staying way up north and we just just depressing clouds.

I'm still hoarding it lol...has anyone tried anything yet?? 
My box is in Transit! Whatever that means. Now it just needs to hurry across all that cold weather to get to me. We were hoping for rain this week but the weather just says cloudy tomorrow. All the rain staying way up north and we just just depressing clouds.
I'm still hoarding it lol...has anyone tried anything yet?? 
We are all so silly and hoarding our expensive skin care like its GOLD!! Which it should be made out of for what it costs!!!! LOL. Giggle giggle. Giggle. Sorry I got carried away !!!! : )

I'm actually thinking of selling/giving some away....I guess I forgot there would be fragrance, which I'm always allergic too.

Quote: Originally Posted by camel11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm actually thinking of selling/giving some away....I guess I forgot there would be fragrance, which I'm always allergic too.
How much fragrance is there? I know some of my skin care has fragrance but Chanel gave me a chemical burn. I better spot test so I don't end up with red peeling eyebrows for months again.

Quote: Originally Posted by wadedl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  How much fragrance is there? I know some of my skin care has fragrance but Chanel gave me a chemical burn. I better spot test so I don't end up with red peeling eyebrows for months again.
It's hard to say-- the product I just checked had a LONG ingredient list, and it was maybe at the beginning of the final 1/4 of ingredients.  Could be a smidgen, could be a lot.  But honestly, I can't use scented product. It's mainly that my eyes react really poorly no matter where on my face I use it.

My fault, I forgot that high end is way different than natural.

I got mine today & I can't wait to use it! I just put a tiny bit of the oil on the top of my hand & then a teeny bit of the lotion on top of that & oh my gosh! It feels so good. I love the light scent too! I have a feeling I'm going to love this stuff! Too bad it's so expensive!!

I got mine today & I can't wait to use it! I just put a tiny bit of the oil on the top of my hand & then a teeny bit of the lotion on top of that & oh my gosh! It feels so good. I love the light scent too! I have a feeling I'm going to love this stuff! Too bad it's so expensive!!
Oh I know, it is awesome and my skin feels really very good! I will just have to buy one item at a time after saving up a while to get it. That's why I bought a few boxes to do me till I could get more if I liked it and oh my gosh I love, love, love it so much!

This is such a great box! I've already used the moisturizer and the toner and I love both. I think this may turn into an expensive problem for me. Lol! Random side note: does anyone know which came first, La Mer or La Prairie? The products are very different, but the packaging and marketing are very similar (and also occasionally the products - the cleansers side by side in my shower are VERY similar!)

Wow, the packaging is super luxe, I love it! I'm such a sucker for nice packaging. I can't wait to give everything a try tomorrow!

Got my box today. Loved the fresh fragrance. Really liked the foaming face wash and moisturizer. Too bad I'm too cheap to ever buy the full sized products....

I think the cleanser and toner will both last awhile -- I used a pinto bean sized amount of the cleanser and I could probably have gotten away with using half that amount -- it foams up like crazy! I removed it/rinsed it using one of the Liz Earle muslin cloths, and I love how my skin feels right now. LOVE the eye cream -- it really does instantly make my eyes look more refreshed, and the skin feels much tighter (in a good way). If I decide to splurge, at least the eye cream and cleanser aren't completely out of my price range. The $300 moisturizer, on the other hand, will never happen. I didn't even try it today, I used the Vichy from my January GB. Scared to fall in love with a $300 face cream!

I think the cleanser and toner will both last awhile -- I used a pinto bean sized amount of the cleanser and I could probably have gotten away with using half that amount -- it foams up like crazy! I removed it/rinsed it using one of the Liz Earle muslin cloths, and I love how my skin feels right now. LOVE the eye cream -- it really does instantly make my eyes look more refreshed, and the skin feels much tighter (in a good way). If I decide to splurge, at least the eye cream and cleanser aren't completely out of my price range. The $300 moisturizer, on the other hand, will never happen. I didn't even try it today, I used the Vichy from my January GB. Scared to fall in love with a $300 face cream!
You can save it for good or for traveling. That way it would last longer. It's such a nice collection. I am having a hard time using it and it is hoarding city here at my place!!! LOL. Nancy

I really REALLY like the La Prairie items.  I wish I would have bought two more boxes.  I have only used it for 4 nights.  And I notice a difference.  My skin feels wonderful.  I don't think I can rationalize spending that kind of money on cream.  

I really REALLY like the La Prairie items.  I wish I would have bought two more boxes.  I have only used it for 4 nights.  And I notice a difference.  My skin feels wonderful.  I don't think I can rationalize spending that kind of money on cream.  
I know! I have been using it just a few days and it is just awesome! So soft, not breaking out. Just flows. . . I bought 6 boxes! 2 were for my mom and mother in law, but I don't think they are going to get them!! I don't think either one cares about wrinkles or dark spots or aging anymore. They are both in their upper 70's. So I think I am going to keep them and use them and meanwhile save some of the money I use for makeup and save it for the moisturizer and anti aging stuff and get those. The other products such as cleanser, toner, etc. I might just stick to the Dior I use or Lancôme products for that. Usually a full size product last me 6 months or longer for moisturizer and serums, so I only have 1-2 products to buy from L aPrairie once use up those boxes!A. Getting my hands on those products, made me greedy and want to keep it all for my self! Slap, slap slap on the wrist! Shame on me!! Oh well!!! : )

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know! I have been using it just a few days and it is just awesome! So soft, not breaking out. Just flows. . . I bought 6 boxes! 2 were for my mom and mother in law, but I don't think they are going to get them!! I don't think either one cares about wrinkles or dark spots or aging anymore. They are both in their upper 70's. So I think I am going to keep them and use them and meanwhile save some of the money I use for makeup and save it for the moisturizer and anti aging stuff and get those. The other products such as cleanser, toner, etc. I might just stick to the Dior I use or Lancôme products for that. Usually a full size product last me 6 months or longer for moisturizer and serums, so I only have 1-2 products to buy from L aPrairie once use up those boxes!A. Getting my hands on those products, made me greedy and want to keep it all for my self! Slap, slap slap on the wrist! Shame on me!! Oh well!!! : )
I am SO jealous!  What made you buy so many boxes?  I can see buying the two boxes as gifts.  I didn't think of buying them for others without trying the products first.

I am with you and would end up keeping all the boxes.  I actually went back to the Glossy Box sight and thought "I wonder if Glossy Box will end up selling more."  It is like a drug…a beauty drug.  So…are you selling any boxes?  Ha!    

Back