New Limited Box - La Praire

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, no boxes for sale here! Hehehehe. Sorry! I bought them because all I have heard was great things about laPraidie and not one bad except for the price. I'm not to sensitive on most products and yes I was taking a chance, but I talked with hubby and he thought it would be OK even though it blew my budget on makeup for the month! So I did. And two of those originally were suppose to go to Moms, until I decided to keep them this weekend. They are still in the box and will remain so at least till MothersDay and if I change my kind I can always send. But doubt I will!!!!! Off to buy other things or make something for my Mom and Mom in law. : ). I love them dearly, but I don't think they will care one way or the other. My Moms a Clininic person and my MIL buys the cheapest thing out there. I am happy that I got them!!! Ad would do it again in a heartbeat! nancy

I got my box today. I love everything! I wish I would have bought more! Why didn't I think of that?

I got my box today! The cleanser is really big! The toner too. Now I better not love it too much. I did notice that they had a limited edition set for $280 with other creams.

Dumb question from a skincare novice (right now, I just wash my face, put on a moisturizer and eye cream and that's it) : 

What does a routine look like using these products? My guess:

1) Wash face with cleanser

2) Use Refining Lotion

3) Mix a little of the oil with the cream and use.

4) Use the eye complex

Repeat morning and night. 

Is that right? Or is the oil used differently?  

Quote: Originally Posted by Disneyfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Dumb question from a skincare novice (right now, I just wash my face, put on a moisturizer and eye cream and that's it) : 

What does a routine look like using these products? My guess:

1) Wash face with cleanser

2) Use Refining Lotion

3) Mix a little of the oil with the cream and use.

4) Use the eye complex

Repeat morning and night. 

Is that right? Or is the oil used differently?  
I had the same question. I did the oil and then the cream. That oil goes a long way! I wish the scent was not so strong. It makes me feel old! 
oldlad.gif

I haven't used the oil yet because it scares me! So precious! I did notice that the eye serum made my eyes feel really weird though. I put it on and about an hour later I noticed dark brownish circles under my eyes and they seemed kinda sore. That's the closest word I can think of to what they felt like. Anyway, I don't usually have a problem with dark circles so I just thought it was kind of odd. I don't think I'll be using that anymore. I love the face wash and the cream though! Very nice!

I love this! Maybe I'm wishing to see results, but, I feel like my skin appears a tad healthier. My husband even commented on my skin. I'm in love and I was scared this was gonna happen! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But to make it last as long as possible, I'm alternating the cream and oil. Also, I'm only using the eye cream in morning since it seemed to tighten and awaken the eyes.

I can't believe someone would charge that much for a box that cost them $40.

I offered the seller $40 for the box and they countered with $140 which is still 3.5 x the price.  I'd be wiling to pay a bit more to cover shipping but not much more.

It's totally my bad for missing out on this box but I don't think that seller is going to get $180 for it either, but hey if that's your thing you can certainly try.  However, if one has $140-$180 to blow on skin care, wouldn't you just buy what you want from La Prairie?

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I can't believe someone would charge that much for a box that cost them $40.

I offered the seller $40 for the box and they countered with $140 which is still 3.5 x the price.  I'd be wiling to pay a bit more to cover shipping but not much more.

It's totally my bad for missing out on this box but I don't think that seller is going to get $180 for it either, but hey if that's your thing you can certainly try.  However, if one has $140-$180 to blow on skin care, wouldn't you just buy what you want from La Prairie?
i agree that $140 is too much, but keep in mind also that ebay and paypal would take about 15% off their selling price (price of item + shipping, if any), and they have to pay for shipping (if it's not free). the seller would lose out if they sell it for $40.

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i agree that $140 is too much, but keep in mind also that ebay and paypal would take about 15% off their selling price (price of item + shipping, if any), and they have to pay for shipping (if it's not free). the seller would lose out if they sell it for $40.
Yeah you're right, my best guess would be it would cost an additional $10-15 to cover fees and shipping.  I thought PayPal was less than that though.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yeah you're right, my best guess would be it would cost an additional $10-15 to cover fees and shipping.  I thought PayPal was less than that though.
ebay takes 10%, and paypal takes ~3% +0.30 per transaction.

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ebay takes 10%, and paypal takes ~3% +0.30 per transaction.
I'll keep trying to find a reasonable way to get the box.  I just can't do $140!

I don't think it's worth $140! It's nice, but you can go on the La Prairie website right now and get the full size Cleanser, a deluxe sample of the oil with a Glossybox code and 2 other free samples with free shipping. They might not be as big as the others, but you'll save around $60!

Quote: Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think it's worth $140! It's nice, but you can go on the La Prairie website right now and get the full size Cleanser, a deluxe sample of the oil with a Glossybox code and 2 other free samples with free shipping. They might not be as big as the others, but you'll save around $60!
Awesome thanks for the tip.  I was most interested in trying the cleanser and the toner.

I've also found if you search around eBay you can find good deals with folks who mis-spell the name 
rolleyes.gif

Ah Boo! I just found the email about the Glossybox code and it's a sleep Mask and it has to be a $100 order. Oops! And, yes misspellings lead to great deals on eBay!

I have used the La Prairie four times and can actually see a change for the better in my facial skin, especially the eye area. However, it looks like I am only going to get 1 or 2 more uses from the cream jar as I've already hit the bottom in one area of the jar. After the first time, I mixed the cream with a drop of oil as per the optional instructions and find that makes the cream go on smoother and cover a bit more. Caveat - even though the La Prairie only has a light floral smell in the containers, on my face it is overpowering flowery old lady smell that lasts and lasts. Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me?  It makes me cough. I started coughing so badly last night I had to get a cloth and wash it off. I'll probably use the last 2 applications on my feet or knees. I know...outrageous...but I just can't take the smell and I don't want to trigger an asthma attack. The face wash says it will take off makeup and it did take off mine well. I wasn't wearing mascara so I don't know how well it works on that.

The face wash and toner is a pretty good size and I think I'll be able to continue to use them.

Love the eye cream. It makes my eyelid skin feel a little cool, but my fine lines are already diminishing.

Due to the smell, I won't be getting any more, but soooooooo glad I got to try this brand.

Back