New Luxe Provence Box (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thinking about what might be in this box based on the clues...

There is a reference in the comments on MSA about ‘candles’ with the tumbler. It could be one candle, or it could be a set of two mini candles that’s also offered by Rose et Marius.

At first I thought the tumbler/candle might count for two items, but the hint is home scents from Grasse. That's not very helpful as Grasse is famous for perfume, but one of their partners is there and has a line of home fragrance:
http://www.lafleuroranger.com/en/88-interior-fragrances

Olive wood is most often used in kitchen items. I don’t have a guess at the brand, but here are a couple:
http://www.berardfrance.com
http://www.provenceencouleur.com/#!new-colour-collection/cy0z

For linens, I have no idea, though there have seen pics of fabric on Pinterest and other places. One I saw but can’t find again showed what looked like small table cloths. Provencal linens are usually colourful florals. 

The brocante photos have shown door knockers, drawer pulls and pocket watches. I imagine there will be a lot of variation.

I'm not worried about liking this first box, but I do wonder what they could put in future boxes. The winter box is listed as a holiday box. 

Last edited by a moderator:
this could end up in there: http://www.lafleuror...ion-les-inedits
I wondered about that product as well!  Their FAQ says this, though, so we shall see, I guess! 

"We do not ship alcohol, liquids, perfumes, restricted food items, dangerous objects or other goods that require additional duty fees. " 

I wondered about that product as well!  Their FAQ says this, though, so we shall see, I guess! 

"We do not ship alcohol, liquids, perfumes, restricted food items, dangerous objects or other goods that require additional duty fees. " 
Oh wow. How would they not ship perfumes?  shocking.  pay the fees.  we are paying a lot for the boxes. 

EDIT: just read the FAQs,  that applies to other countries than those listed where they ship (I think):

A few other countries may apply a duty tax (see below). The tax is not applied consistently and cannot be assessed in advance. Nevertheless, we always make absolutely certain that your gift recipient does not pay any taxes upon delivery which is why we ship D.D.P (Delivery Duties Paid). We do not ship alcohol, liquids, perfumes, restricted food items, dangerous objects or other goods that require additional duty fees....blah blah blah

Countries that may apply duties and tariffs include : Argentina, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Canary Islands, Cayman Island, China, Colombia, Curacao, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, French Guiana, Gabon, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Honduras, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Ivory Coast, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Martinique, Mauritius, Mexico, Mongolia, Morocco, Myanmar, New Caledonia, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Puerto-Rico, Reunion Island, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia.

So excited - sounds like shipping begins tomorrow!  From their Facebook page:

Un grand MERCI... to our first season's Luxe Provence Box clients. A beautiful sold-out success thanks to you. Packaged and coming your way starting this Friday. We cannot wait to announce the next season's curation! Details coming very soon.

I know. I'm super psyched too. I hope they offer a discount again. I will try again if I see this first box is a success.  But likely not at full price.  If discount, will go for annual.  Need some level of review before doing that again. 

The shipping info email also mentioned that they try their best to avoid import duties but cannot promise, so be aware. Their estimated delivery date is Oct. 5 and they will send DHL tracking in a few days.

Now to decide if I will look at the spoilers list (no pictures, just a list, they said) before the box arrives. (Ha ha ha, who am I kidding.)

Does anyone remember if they said "antique item" in ALL yearly subscription? It was my thought, but I went to the website this morning and it said it will be included in the final package. I think I would remember that. I was under the impression that for every box you would get a little surprise if you had the yearly subscription. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

Does anyone remember if they said "antique item" in ALL yearly subscription? It was my thought, but I went to the website this morning and it said it will be included in the final package. I think I would remember that. I was under the impression that for every box you would get a little surprise if you had the yearly subscription. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!
You will get an antique item in this shipment. People who subscribe later will get it in the last shipment of their annual.

Thanks! Where did you see that info? I still can't find it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
 I see that they changed the post with the spoilers to include it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

"Bonus Antique Gift: For our Annual Subscribers, we have included a special found treasure from the brocantes and village antique markets throughout France"

Very "luxe" messaging about the delivery status and process.  Although my heart did drop a little when I saw a delivery date of around the 5th October  SO glad that they posted spoilers and are doing an unboxing that will definitely hold me over :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is pretty much what I expected and it sounds like a great box. It's a good sign that they actually managed to ship on time.

Yeah, me too. I was looking to get one of the kitchen item online (not that brand) - because the Frenchbox included cute ones that I cannot seem to get in a trade. I still want one of those though too!  Very excited for this box (will consider an annual subscription if they offer a discount again - it's very steep indeed). 

@@MoiSurtout Where did you see your tracking info?  I logged onto my account and even though I received an email saying my parcel is on it's way I do not have a specific tracking #.  It still shows as "unfullfilled" on my account page. :unsure:

Back