New Luxe Provence Box (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received an email with the tracking number, and I did have to sign for it. I posted pics on instagram, #luxeprovence

What I got and some thoughts about it...

Tumbler

I got a reddish one. It looks like a deep red on the website, but it's kind of rosey in person. I really love the colour and pattern, but should point out that I chose cool colours in the colour options. Although I was initially drawn to the green in the spoiler pics, I was just thinking last night that I liked this exact one best, so it's as if they read my mind. 

Candles

There are two small candles instead of one big one, so I assume everyone gets both the melon and fig candles. I could smell them before I opened the box and can't wait to burn them. 

Cutting board

It's small but lovely. I wanted to use it more for display, so I'm glad it's the type that doesn't have a handle. The wood grain is very pretty. 

Tea towel

I got one depicting a smug waiter! I love it. There's one of a fisher and honestly I was really hoping NOT to get that one! Anything but that! So when I saw this guy and his little smirk, I was very relieved. 

Brocante gift

I received a beautiful enamel box that looks just like the sort of thing I'd pick out myself. I don't think I saw anything like it in their preview pics, so it was a complete surprise. 

Truffle salt

It smells truffly and I look forward to trying it on eggs. 

Soap

This was the only thing I was a little disappointed about, because it's more 'hotel soap' size. I thought that since they mentioned it specifically, that it would be bigger. 

Also

There was a card about Rose et Marius, and a little note from Luxe Provence. The packaging is a big white box with their metallic logo embossed, very nice. It doesn't feel as sturdy as some of the other luxury boxes, but makes a nice presentation. I didn't receive any other samples, and there were not discount codes or anything like that. 

A few more thoughts...

This is one of the nicest boxes I've ever gotten, and I won't be swapping or gifting a single thing. It's rare that this happens! This is also the most 'me' box that I've ever gotten. Every item is something I'd have purchased myself if I saw it in a shop, and I love the variations I received. 

At the same time, it was an expensive box. I am not convinced they hit their promise of $100 over the $195 individual box price. Most of the allure this time was the tumbler, which seems hard to top for future boxes. So I'm very pleased with this box because I love the items so much, but I have more of a 'wait and see' attitude about the next. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I received an email with the tracking number, and I did have to sign for it. I posted pics on instagram, #luxeprovence

What I got and some thoughts about it...

Tumbler

I got a reddish one. It looks like a deep red on the website, but it's kind of rosey in person. I really love the colour and pattern, but should point out that I chose cool colours in the colour options. Although I was initially drawn to the green in the spoiler pics, I was just thinking last night that I liked this exact one best, so it's as if they read my mind. 

Candles

There are two small candles instead of one big one, so I assume everyone gets both the melon and fig candles. I could smell them before I opened the box and can't wait to burn them. 

Cutting board

It's small but lovely. I wanted to use it more for display, so I'm glad it's the type that doesn't have a handle. The wood grain is very pretty. 

Tea towel

I got one depicting a smug waiter! I love it. There's one of a fisher and honestly I was really hoping NOT to get that one! Anything but that! So when I saw this guy and his little smirk, I was very relieved. 

Brocante gift

I received a beautiful enamel box that looks just like the sort of thing I'd pick out myself. I don't think I saw anything like it in their preview pics, so it was a complete surprise. 

Truffle salt

It smells truffly and I look forward to trying it on eggs. 

Soap

This was the only thing I was a little disappointed about, because it's more 'hotel soap' size. I thought that since they mentioned it specifically, that it would be bigger. 

Also

There was a card about Rose et Marius, and a little note from Luxe Provence. The packaging is a big white box with their metallic logo embossed, very nice. It doesn't feel as sturdy as some of the other luxury boxes, but makes a nice presentation. I didn't receive any other samples, and there were not discount codes or anything like that. 

A few more thoughts...

This is one of the nicest boxes I've ever gotten, and I won't be swapping or gifting a single thing. It's rare that this happens! This is also the most 'me' box that I've ever gotten. Every item is something I'd have purchased myself if I saw it in a shop, and I love the variations I received. 

At the same time, it was an expensive box. I am not convinced they hit their promise of $100 over the $195 individual box price. Most of the allure this time was the tumbler, which seems hard to top for future boxes. So I'm very pleased with this box because I love the items so much, but I have more of a 'wait and see' attitude about the next. 
Thanks for sharing this info!  I too was drawn in by the tumbler, which was the reason that I stayed w/ the seasonal versus annual.  Maybe annual folks got packages earlier - priority shipping. That is a great benefit.  Sounds lovely. would LOVE to see pics, if possible, of anyone's box. Mine isn't due until Oct 5th. 

EDIT - I see you posted on instagram.. will go look. THANKS

Am I really the only one who got a box today? I'm never first, so it seems so strange. I'm dying to see everyone's variations and brocante gifts!

Some pics:

11849976_1664139740490690_357540112_n.jpg

11906227_1621645518085601_1192258387_n.jpg

11909106_419485494915782_1963093168_n.jpg

11939700_583199858524292_304732456_n.jpg

@@MoiSurtout - unfortunately I couldn't locate your pictures but the contents sound wonderful!    I missed that the pictures were posted on MUT.  I really like the tumbler and box!

I received my tracking the morning of the day it arrived, so you might not get tracking until the 5th. 

Here's the logistics info - :

Your Luxe Provence Autumn boxes have been received 25th of September at our facility and the boxes will be loaded by our international carrier on the 28th of September. The transit time between our facility and the air shipment is about 3 business days and I have already scheduled the flight. 

Your parcels will take off from Marseille Airport on the 1st October and will de delivered in the USA, Asia and Europe likely by the 5th of October. We will send DHL tracking information to you in the next few days so you can track the progress." 

DianeER, on 29 Sept 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:Has anyone else received their parcel or at least a shipment tracking notice? Still waiting here...
Not yet - I have an annual subscription.  With DHL I have found that it is really based on your location.  So hopefully soon.  With my luck mine will be delivered on Saturday since my delivery is my work address - that would be the happiest Monday ever   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

They have the next parcel up for sale now.  I'm not 100% convinced given the price is $195.  It's hefty.  Sure, this is a gorgeous first box.  The partnerships with Rose et Marius makes up most of the box (small tumbler, 2 small candles, the soap).  I'm sure they will find exquisite items.  But $195 is steep for me to splurge.  I did it one time because I convinced myself that I would buy the tumbler at $100 (though I would have been able to pick which one I liked). 

Escape from the winter cool and experience Dolce Vita Provençal. Packed with warmth, pleasure and indulgence just for you. Been naughty or nice this year? Doesn't matter, this luxury French box is just for you. On Pre-Sale now with shipping in early December 2015.

More details coming soon...

Based on pictures, I think they are hinting at a scarf for the next parcel. 
My thoughts as well. I wonder how people with annual subscriptions will feel since the first box was so heavily weighted on home items. I'm sure it will be a lovely box. 

They're reveal is posted online - http://www.luxe-provence.com/autumn/

should say it shows the cutting board and mentions this (not sure what that means for the next ones): As a special thank you, for making this first season such a hit, each parcel comes packaged in a limited edition, extra-large Luxe Provence collector’s box. Perfect for storing sweaters, or collectibles.

@@boxesandboxes I hear you about the second box at $195.  That is A LOT of money that I don't want to spend around the holidays.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Also, I'm a little disappointed in the autumn box, not sure why I am feeling that way as the box looks stellar!   I am feeling a little crabby that we're receiving small candles and soaps when I thought at this price point we would receive full size items.  Or, maybe it's just box overload? I went at the box addiction really hard starting in April.  It may just be the case that I will like Luxe Provence more once I can touch and see it with my own eyes. 

Yeah, not sure how I am feeling about it myself. And it looks like forever until we get the boxes (interesting one was delivered early).  The soap was the same as ouiplease size.  This box, I think is really great (but I definitely value the tumbler and justify the cost around that).  However, let's say the next box was similar but with a $200 scarf and some smaller soaps etc, I would not be happy paying $195.  In this regard, ouiplease did an amazing job for a few months.  I got a $195 scarf as well as tons of other french items - and for a LOT LESS.  However, each of these items (LP) indeed are luxurious.  I just can't get my head around the price point for this LP box.  For me, I expect just a little less than a PopSugar Neiman Marcus box (which is valued at $600, while paying $250), which I buy in a minute when presented.   I think I will sit out the next box.   Unless when it gets here, I change my mind... why, oh, why no tracking info? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

EDIT: and the packing of OP is amazing.  Always love that box.   Does it sound like only the first box for LP will be this nice?  Can't tell by what they said by this first one ..." limited edition, extra-large, Luxe Provence collectors box"...I don't know....guess I may have box overload too.

I mean, I am really looking forward to this box..and value the olive board and tumbler.  I am hoping for another design on the towel (but discovered Torchons & Bouchon recently and bought some of those).... I will like the candle(s) I'm sure once here....salt well, maybe I can pick up some culinary skills trying it out..... overall, excited for this box... It's just the next box that puzzles me. 

I feel like $195 is just too much. Especially when compared to OuiPlease.

And if the tumbler isn't your style, that is a huge portion of the box value in one item that someone may or may not like! That's scary!

I mean I totally understand the appeal of getting products directly from France but... $195? I could get two seasons of Popsugar LE for that! Although, PSLE wouldn't have French-tasticness in it.

Between OuiPlease and LP, I think I'd go with OuiPlease (even with their crazy issues) with a coupon first.

Back