New Nail Polish Sub - Cult Cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by ambergelien /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally gave in and signed up! Got 50% off too!!
Yes the 50% off was worth it! I'd be happy with Essie or Orly or pretty much anything! :)

I just canceled my julep for July & signing up for this box- looks awesome!! So worth $15 ;-). Luv luv u enablers

I think it was a great box for the price (1/2 price), but my expectations will definitely be higher for the next box at $24.99.  I emailed them to ask a few questions about the sub and figured I'd post what they said since the website doesn't say much:

Thanks for your detailed email! First of all, I'd like to thank you for your feedback and input on future boxes, and let you know that I've passed the suggestions along to our product director.

Regarding the subscription service, we don't have a page for your to manage your billing information yet. We're working on that and you'll get a notification as soon as it's available.

The cancellation process just involves emailing
[email protected] and we'll remove you from our billing system. Again, as soon as the account management area is ready, you'll be able to do that from there.

We've had a number of questions about Paypal, but as of yet, we don't have any plans to offer that payment option. They're surprisingly difficult to work with, so it would be a big investment of time to add that, but we'll make sure to let you know if and when we do. I want to assure you, however, that our payment processing is secured by the highest-grade encryption available.

Thanks again for your excitement about Blackbox, and let me know how else I can help you! Happy Polishing,

I also replied back asking what day of the month boxes ship out and they said they ship the same day you paid each month, rather than a certain day for everyone.  They replied to both my emails very quickly and hopefully they get the account management page up and running soon because that's a big selling point for me to stick with it.  I think their response about Paypal is kind of odd, but I really dont know much about that.  A couple of suggestions I gave them for next month were more bright summer colors, Color Club holos, dotting or stamping tools, and anything for putting a spin on french tips.  I said that I really did not want to see any glitter pots (I saw a couple of their kits had them).

I got a completely different box then what was posted, including colors and everything! I'd update with a picture later, but this is what I got

3 Essie polishes in Under Where? Knockout pout, and Avenue Maintain. I got gold and silver studs. Purple Glitter. Nail Glue. The tweezers. And a really pretty bracelet. I'm happy considering the 50% off, but I don't think I'd pay full price.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got a completely different box then what was posted, including colors and everything! I'd update with a picture later, but this is what I got

3 Essie polishes in Under Where? Knockout pout, and Avenue Maintain. I got gold and silver studs. Purple Glitter. Nail Glue. The tweezers. And a really pretty bracelet. I'm happy considering the 50% off, but I don't think I'd pay full price.

Hmm I googled Knockout Pout and it says Summer 2010....no bueno :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Saw it for $2.99 on Ulta's website.

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm I googled Knockout Pout and it says Summer 2010....no bueno :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Saw it for $2.99 on Ulta's website.
Really from Essie's website it still costs $8? Maybe it's a shade they brought back?

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tart Deco and Turquoise and Caicos from the box you received are both from 2010 collections, only Come Here! is from a recent, 2013 Spring collection :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Actually, all three polishes I got in my box were from years ago, too: Tart Deco is from Spring 2010 like I mentioned, Funny Face is from Summer 2009 and Color Club Almost Famous is from Spring 2010.

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tart Deco and Turquoise and Caicos from the box you received are both from 2010 collections, only Come Here! is from a recent, 2013 Spring collection :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Actually, all three polishes I got in my box were from years ago, too: Tart Deco is from Spring 2010 like I mentioned, Funny Face is from Summer 2009 and Color Club Almost Famous is from Spring 2010.

Well that's annoying lol.  I guess I cant complain too much because I do really like the colors and honestly I might need to pick up Knockout Pout for 2.99 too.  But still, kind of lame.

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love your box! :) This is a sub that seems like it could cause major box envy.

Does anyone know what I'd use plain like art glitter for? I got some in my box and I have no idea.

Ok, so I took the bait & subscribed!!  I got my box yesterday and this is what I got:

Essie Tart Deco

Essie Avenue Maintain

Essie Come Here!

Black Nail Design Pen

2 cosmetic sponges (to do ombre nails)

Little pot of loose gold glitter

I like what I got, but I did the half price code, not sure it's worth the full price, but I might keep it for next month just to see what I get.  I don't have many Essie polishes, so this is a good way for me to try some at a decent price.  And I already have a few ideas for the colors I got.

I know some of these colors are from a year or 2 ago, that doesn't bother me so much, I love nail polish, and I buy & wear what I like, I don't pay too much attention to trends or "in" colors anyway.  

Only thing that bothers me with this sub is the shipping, at $19.99 plus shipping I don't think it's worth it.  I'd have to be really blown away by the next box to stay with them at that price.

I like the brands and stuff but $25 is a lot for month to month. I also have a lot of polish so the chances of getting doubles are pretty high since most of these aren't new releases. Guess I will wait and see how things go before I decide.

I will post what I get in my next box. I just signed up for Glitter Guilty, too, so I think I will only keep this one for one more month. I like the idea of them sending things to do nail art, so to me, that makes this sub stand out a little bit. But I still don't think it's worth full price. We will see next month.

I just received my second box. Not completely jumping for joy. This one will probably be cancelled.
Essie Sunday Funday Essie Naught Nautical Opi Blue Shatter Dotting Tools I needed dotting tools. The shatter I'm okay with. The Essie's seem very similar to last month.
Comparison of June (right) & July (left) colors.

Oh man, glad I cancelled after all! I like the tools but they go for couple bucks shipped on eBay. I like the colors too, but who wants the same colors 2 months in a row :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just sent an email to cancel. Not too sad since Bondi starts soon!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh man, glad I cancelled after all! I like the tools but they go for couple bucks shipped on eBay. I like the colors too, but who wants the same colors 2 months in a row
frown.gif
I got literally the same set from Amazon for $1.66 shipped. Here's the link if anybody is interested: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OHQR1Q/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Both Essie polishes are from 2013 collection, which is nice, and OPI shatter is from 2011.

I already have dotting tools, but I can probably gift or trade them. I will wait to see what my box brings, but I will probably cancel after the next box as well.

I was looking at their site and some of their nail kits are actually nice deals.  Most of them come with 4-6 colors and a tool or accessory, so I dont really get why the Blackbox doesnt have more stuff in it . I found a coupon code for 15% off nail kits (GETNAILED), and it actually took 15% off my whole order.  I was able to get 10 full size polishes, a full size Seche top coat, a mini Seche and dotting tool for $40.77 shipped.  A lot of the colors were older, but I did get an OPI Bond Girls and for less than $3.50 each I don't care.

Back