New Nail Polish Sub - Cult Cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just signed up for this and I'm kinda stoked.   I'm not concerned just because the polishes are not from the "current" collections...they're still being sold.  Essie goes for $8 a piece so each of the value of these boxes generally exceeds the price you would pay in the store.  I'm looking forward to it!

Well I thought for sure my order came, but they sent me a July box apparently.  I cancelled after last month and definitely wasn't charged- I checked.  It also says "Welcome to Blackbox" on the card (not sure if everyone's does though) so it seems like a mistake.  Here's what I got:

Essie Naughty Nautical (has a shimmer to it), Fiji, and Avenue Maintain, plus the black/purple 4pc. dotting tools set.
I really like the colors and have been wanting the tools for awhile, but I'm still glad I cancelled. 

I still think buying the kits from them are better deals (and certainty) and I'm still antsy to get my order.  FYI they didnt send a tracking number, though my order page updated to "shipped."  I'll probably email them Monday if it doesn't come tomorrow.

Here is my July box: Essie Rock the Boat (got it on my toes right now from the pedi my boyfriend treated me to!!) Essie Mojito Madness (the green one) OPI Silver Shatter (are shatter polishes considered "new" anymore??? LOL) 4 piece dotting tool set As I said before, I already have a dotting tool set, but I do like the colors they sent. I'm on the fence about this one. I may wait to see some of the August boxes before I keep this one.

So apparently they mistakenly sent the blackbox instead of my order. They said I could keep it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Here's my order that I picked up for $40, I'm really happy with it! Seen and spotted kit (right + ever after kit (left) + Seche TC.

I cancelled my sub today. I've got Glitter Guilty and Julep (which I skip most months) and my sub to Glitter Daze just ran out. (Now if my Glitter Daze box ever shows up, but that's another story...) I liked the polishes that I got well enough, but the price was a bit high for what you get. And I have a lot of nail art tools already, dotting tools, brushes, sponges, etc, so I didn't feel like there was much value in it for me. I could buy a TON of polishes on sale and with coupons for what I was spending for 3 polishes from Cult Cosmetics.

Everyone, there's a very very negative topic already started about Cult Cosmetics Black Box. I didn't KNOW this since I only read this current thread.

The old thread is: https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/129512-warning-avoid-cult-cosmetics-black-box/?hl=%2Bcult+%2Bcosmetics+%2Bblack+%2Bbox&do=findComment&comment=2133454

Today, I just bought 2 nail art kits because I looked into the sub earlier this month and was put on their mailing list. Today, they sent an email that they are having a buy one get one free sale today only, and they offered to sub me to the Black Box for $9.99 ( it is the box with all the tools and brushes because I am totally new to any nail art except stickers, and didn't like them. SO I took the subscription to the box as well, mostly for the tools I do not have.

Have they improved since Jan/ Feb of this year???

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back