New theBalm Palettes - Fall 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just caved and bought the Mont Balm palette. I never would have bought it if you guys didn't share swatches-- they look so beautiful swatched! It came to $21.75 shipped but I think it will be worth it. 

There's another palette launching- it's called Nude Dude, as a companion to Nude 'Tude. I think the shadows are nice but I won't buy it because the design puts me off something fierce. I'm kind of offended that Nude 'Tude had shades like "Schitzo" and now the Dude palette is all like "Hunky" "Smart" Gorgeous", the like.

There's another palette launching- it's called Nude Dude, as a companion to Nude 'Tude. I think the shadows are nice but I won't buy it because the design puts me off something fierce. I'm kind of offended that Nude 'Tude had shades like "Schitzo" and now the Dude palette is all like "Hunky" "Smart" Gorgeous", the like.
I saw that and completely agree. Their palette designs and shade names are very off-putting, especially when the items aren't unique enough to make me purchase anyway. 

To be fair, they changed the name of that shadow a long time ago. Also, the theme of the names for nude'tude were all "words that start with an S" whereas the Nude'Dude pallete is all "words that start with an F" (and doesn't include hunky, smart, or goregous).

I'm not saying the word choice itself was ok, but its really comparing apples to oranges here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Schitzo has since been renamed. The DUDE names are

Fabulous , fearless, faithful, fit, funny, firm, flirty, friendly, feisty, fine, fierce, and flawless.

I wonder if they'll put one out sans the nude dudes like the other version of Nude Tude?

I want the Nude Dude for sure. I can't have the Nude'tude without the Nude Dudes to accompany them!

The names in this palette don't bother me, personally, but everyone has their preferences. I don't see how anyone can be asked what shade of blush they're wearing only to have to reply "OH it's called Deep Throat"..........but again, personal preference.

Back