NewBeauty Test Tube - May 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so incredibly disappointed in this tube, and I'm refusing delivery for a refund. Complete bait and switch tactic from last month. Not even sure if I should keep the subscription or not. I wish I had signed up before the 3rd so I could get the really good tube.

WOW!! SO DISAPPOINTED!! Worst box ever! 

There's not even anything in here that I could put on ebay or swap to try to recover at least a portion of the cost! I know how bratty that I sound right now, but I'm pretty furious! I have received better items in boxes that are a fraction of the price! I was already skeptical on keeping my subscription with them. Last month, my box came dripping with oil, and with every single item covered in oil and tiny shards of broken glass. Not EVERY item, considering that one was missing in the first place. That was a fun unboxing! I emailed customer service. Nothing. Posted it on their FB page, and suddenly I get a response and a promise to replace the broken/missing items. That was like 6 weeks ago, and needless to say, no sign of any replacements. Then this turd of a box shows up... 

Does anyone know if they will accept returns for a refund? If not, that's understandable. I guess it's just kind of luck of the draw with these things. But as far as the other stuff, I think that they are a huge disappointment and waste of money. 

I don't think they do refunds, just like any other subscription box, it's the luck of the draw. I couldn't be more disappointed with this box. I paid $29 (I had a 30% off coupon for this one) and I STILL feel incredibly ripped off and let down. Definitely canceling the very second my package arrives and not looking back. Last month was an amazing tube but it's obvious I can't trust this company to be consistent. I've subscribed to Test Tube on and off for almost 4 years now and every time I think they've changed, they go back to doing the same thing: release an awesome tube with an incredible value, and then 2-3 tubes of complete garbage. Because after you get a crappy tube, you think: "ok...maybe the next one is going to be good." and the next one is also complete garbage.

I'm done with New Beauty Test Tube. The tubes once or twice a year that are worth it are not enough to make me want to stay subscribed.

Totally not the insane value that we got in March, but between the

Mally, the TanTowels and the Macadamia Oil I feel like it was worth it for me.

IMG_6229.JPG
ETA: Got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called customer service, just because at that point I was feeling so fed up. It wasn't because the box was junky, but between that ( considering the cost!) and the previous incident with receiving a tube filled with broken/missing items ( which is understandable! Mistakes happen.), but then being totally disregarded by customer service. I asked if it would even be a possibility to return it. She said "not if the box has been opened". So, to clarify, I asked "even if none of the items have been opened, just the box itself?" and she said "yes. If the box wasn't open you could refuse delivery and we could issue a refund". So, I told her that's what I thought and that I understand.

It is just luck of the draw and a gamble that we take on buying these things. I was just so disappointed with this particular box. 

I have been meaning to post for a while now about this sub. This is by far prolly my favorite of them all. I know sometimes they do let us down but the value is usually ok. But I had to cancel due to so many billing and customer service issues! To start I was billed twice for 1 tube on 2 occasions! Which took forever to even get them to admit? Then I had a free tube from a referral and getting that tube was like impossible!They did issue 1 refund for 1 of the double billed tubes. Long story short they owed me 2 tubes in the end. So after getting it all situated with a cs rep I get the march tube and low and behold they charge me full price then they charge me 7.95? Shipping because it was my referral tube???? SO! I called again and was like ? Wtf? They then told me that they didn't overcharge me at any time? And I would have to provide all my bank statements (from June 2013 till Jan 2014) to prove to them that billing mistakes were made by them! Omg! I just said look I have an email here from new beauty saying that there were double charges and I'm owed 2 tubes, she said yes I don't care ur wrong and if u want me to help u I need to see proof from the bank. So just a fair warning ladies that if u don't watch very close they do make alot of billing mistakes. Plus omg who bills like a month in advance for a tube u never know when it will show? Sometimes tracking sometimes it just appears? They still owe me 2 tubes plus the 7.95 shipping I paid for my free full price referral tube???? I figure if they have a great tube I will just sub that month even tho they did rip me off! Man I loved this sub? Such a shame!

I have had my shipping notification since the 22nd and it STILL hasn't updated at all. I have no idea if I'm even getting a tube. I already canceled, I already paid, and I don't have the tube in my hands yet. I just want to get it here so I can do a review, and be done with this company, already.

Jexie, mine hasn't moved either. and it's being returned. This is just unacceptable. No we don't expect to like every tube, but we also don't expect garbage for $40. This feels like an extremely poor attempt at a leftovers box. Especially after last month's tube that I wanted so badly but couldn't get. I sent one email and will be sending another about their terrible customer service. If I want $50 worth of product, I'll just go buy it. I do subscriptions to get more bang for my buck and a surprise. The Mally has a retail of $25 (so not worth it though) and the hair oil AND tan towels I was told aren't actually full size if you check sites like Amazon they show the bigger size. I highly suggest anyone who has not opened their tube to NOT open the box and refuse delivery so you are refunded. This will also send a message that we're pretty ticked.

Jexie, mine hasn't moved either. and it's being returned. This is just unacceptable. No we don't expect to like every tube, but we also don't expect garbage for $40. This feels like an extremely poor attempt at a leftovers box. Especially after last month's tube that I wanted so badly but couldn't get. I sent one email and will be sending another about their terrible customer service. If I want $50 worth of product, I'll just go buy it. I do subscriptions to get more bang for my buck and a surprise. The Mally has a retail of $25 (so not worth it though) and the hair oil AND tan towels I was told aren't actually full size if you check sites like Amazon they show the bigger size. I highly suggest anyone who has not opened their tube to NOT open the box and refuse delivery so you are refunded. This will also send a message that we're pretty ticked.
Question - How do you refuse a delivery if you aren't there when the postman drops it off? Do you just take it back to the post office unopened? Either way I want a receipt of returning it with tracking so I can prove it happened in case there are any problems.

I am not keeping this tube. Not only is it disappointing due to the products themselves, but when I've gotten two from ipsy which is a much cheaper sub? Yeah, that's personally unacceptable for me. Not that I am even sure I am getting a tube since I am in the same boat regarding my tracking not updating since the 22nd. Doubtful I will be purchasing another tube from this company unless the spoilers are insane. 

Question - How do you refuse a delivery if you aren't there when the postman drops it off? Do you just take it back to the post office unopened? Either way I want a receipt of returning it with tracking so I can prove it happened in case there are any problems.

I am not keeping this tube. Not only is it disappointing due to the products themselves, but when I've gotten two from ipsy which is a much cheaper sub? Yeah, that's personally unacceptable for me. Not that I am even sure I am getting a tube since I am in the same boat regarding my tracking not updating since the 22nd. Doubtful I will be purchasing another tube from this company unless the spoilers are insane. 
You would have a tracking/receipt, but you can write  "return to sender - service cancelled" and leave it for the postman to pick up the next day. 

Canceled. Got it the same day as a Memebox. Did not hold up well in comparison. I am a long-time subber and they have been asking us since last August to be patient with the changes. Nope. I have Blush, BB, Discover with Marta, SS, Yuzen and will order Memes every other month.That should do me.

I am still waiting on my New Beauty Magazine that went out with the last tube.  I have emailed three times now, to which they responded first by saying; 'Oh sorry, you should have been gotten that". Then we sent it out, and finally it is still on the way it was sent out.  I subscribed to them when they first came on the scene in the early 2000's and ever since 2010 they have been very unprofessional.  My tubes were missing items and etc.  Nope this tube doesn't thrill me, I pass.

I'm not 100% sure myself, just don't open it. I actually was emailed today by a Whitney Williams. I look forward to seeing where this will go as some people have gotten a FREE tube simply for just being unsatisfied. Um everyone should get one that wasn't satisfied then. I gave her feedback and all though. I also refuse to keep mine. $40 for samples I can get in a $10 box or free at a beauty store. No thank you, Ma'am. I have never ever returned or refused to pay for a sub before. I told thousands of followers about this and promoted them. I feel like a liar.

I'm not 100% sure myself, just don't open it. I actually was emailed today by a Whitney Williams. I look forward to seeing where this will go as some people have gotten a FREE tube simply for just being unsatisfied. Um everyone should get one that wasn't satisfied then. I gave her feedback and all though. I also refuse to keep mine. $40 for samples I can get in a $10 box or free at a beauty store. No thank you, Ma'am. I have never ever returned or refused to pay for a sub before. I told thousands of followers about this and promoted them. I feel like a liar.
Whitney was the lady I spoke with last month when I was trying to get to the bottom of the brush box vs blush box. She was extremely nice and helpful and said that if I ever had any more feedback for them to not hesitate to email her. So guess what I'm about to do! I really feel witchy for refusing this package and complaining, but this sub is the most expensive one I receive and there are 3 items in it that I have gotten from other, less expensive boxes (forgot about the Jergens which was in BB!). That being said, I know they are just taking these products that are offered to them by companies to feature in the tube, and it's doubtful that they know that those items were repeats from two of the most popular subs out there. But this Tube is just so depressing and full of disappoint.

The Mally shadow stick is amazing.  I know people have gotten in other boxes, but this is the first time I have tried it.. The color is a gorgeous bronze shade and I swatched it on my hand -- a few seconds later I did a smudge test and it didn't move.  I am very happy with that item.. and I do like the Macadamia line - I use their mask, so I look forward to trying the conditioner....

Other than that, it is a bit of a bummer.   You win some; you lose some.. but I have definitely cancelled.  Maybe if they have a good box again - I will subscribe just for a month.  We shall see.  Thanks for being some welcoming to me!! I appreciate it.  I have been reading here for awhile and had been wanting to join in.. so glad I did. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This was my first tube but I have two "free" (have to pay shipping) referral tubes coming later.  Does everyone have a problem with getting the free tubes?  Should I be paying super close attention to that?

Back