NewBeauty Test Tube - May 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whitney was the lady I spoke with last month when I was trying to get to the bottom of the brush box vs blush box. She was extremely nice and helpful and said that if I ever had any more feedback for them to not hesitate to email her. So guess what I'm about to do! I really feel witchy for refusing this package and complaining, but this sub is the most expensive one I receive and there are 3 items in it that I have gotten from other, less expensive boxes (forgot about the Jergens which was in BB!). That being said, I know they are just taking these products that are offered to them by companies to feature in the tube, and it's doubtful that they know that those items were repeats from two of the most popular subs out there. But this Tube is just so depressing and full of disappoint.
I actually was slightly annoyed when I emailed her because I felt like she didn't read my email. She ended it with an apology that I felt the need to cancel so soon with them. Uh.. I didn't say I was canceling, or even mention my thoughts about canceling in that email. I was very polite and gave her feed back and even included screen shots of feed back from other ladies in makeup groups I'm in. I mentioned someone getting a free tube and wanting to know about that, was ignored. I emailed back again saying I wasn't canceling if Test Tube got back up to par and mentioned the free tube again. I don't care, while it would be nice, if I got one but I know people who didn't know not to open their boxes and they're stuck with a sub par tube. They deserve their July tube free because they did not get what New Beauty promises in their tubes, and they gave one to another woman and I don't think it's fair to pick and choose which unhappy customers get them. (Who was asked if she was a blogger, she said no btw.)

I don't feel bad at all refusing delivery, I want what I paid for or I want a refund. I'm a college student supporting myself, and I went out on a limb to get this sub. (I constantly got referrals from people for other subs, 10+, so I assumed I could at least get 3 a year which would allow me a good budget for subs. But I canceled those to do this one) and now no one wants to take the chance on signing up. :/ Like it's a bummer for me because 6 tubes full price doesn't fit into my budget. I hope it's better next month so a person or two will feel secure signing up with me.

I canceled. My expected delivery date is this Friday, and I'll probably keep it just because I honestly don't trust them to refund me should I refuse delivery.

I am in the minority, but I liked my NBTT fairly well, even thought I received many of the items before. 

small sample pouch:

Total Refresh Cooling body cloth - Interesting; willing to try.

Cotz face natural botanical sunscreen - Received before.

Avocado Face Wrap - Received before.

Camille Beckman Lime Leaves lotion - smells great!

Main box:

A box of Tan Towels -- 5 self-tanning towelettes - Received before - Used one last weekend - Next time I will cut it in half - Not orangy on me! - Happy.

Small tube of Jergens BB body lotion (1 oz) - Received already in a couple of boxes.

Intellishade original or matte finish (small tubes) - Very interested to try.

Mally eyeshadow stick - Topaz - Wrong color for me.  : (

Briogeo - Don't Despair Repair.. (deep conditioning mask) - I didn't receive it in my Ipsy bag, so I am glad I received it here.

Yu-Be moisturizing cream (small size) - Received several times before.

Macadamia Oil Nourishing Conditioner - Very interested to try.

You are welcome to pm me if you want to trade away your Intellishade, Briogeo or Macadamia Oil.  I have tons of items you may prefer.

I already tried the Macadamia Oil Conditioner and really like it on my fine hair!!! also, mally's shadow stick is really durable, i use it as eyeliner, got mine in gunmetal.I am also excited to try the tanning towelettes.

I was initially little dissapointed, however after trying things out, I am quite happy!

I love the Macadamia Oil Flawless Conditioner.  I am about to order more of it.  It is a really unique product.  I am actually not that unhappy with last month's box.  However, I don't think I will be re-subscribing.  For me, it is just too expensive for it being so hit-or-miss. 

Like Ipsy - I don't get upset if it is a lackluster month, because it is only $10 but beauty test tube is quite expensive for me.. I dunno, I am gonna try some other subscription boxes.. if they consistently have great boxes, then I might try testtube again..

Last edited by a moderator:
This was only my 2nd time getting this subscription box and I was really disappointed.  I thought that the last one was a amazing and this one was a SUPER disappointment.  I don't think I will cancel quite yet but I am hoping that the next one is a great one!!

I had cancelled after May's tube, but got an email today for 30% off if I sign back up.. I'm tempted based on the fact that there seems to be a trend of good tubes following a bad one. The next tube wouldn't arrive until July though, right? Anyone else get the email?

I had cancelled after May's tube, but got an email today for 30% off if I sign back up.. I'm tempted based on the fact that there seems to be a trend of good tubes following a bad one. The next tube wouldn't arrive until July though, right? Anyone else get the email?

Sorry, hit the wrong button. I got that email too, but it sounded like you would get the May tube if you resubscribed now. I'll just wait and see what July brings.

I would definitely resubscribe if I got 30%....but for sure wait until July to see what is in the box and then reorder (unless thye give you a expire date)!!

I was going to subscribe to this one, as I once got a QVC one.. I decided to come here and read first. So the  non- QVC box shipped in May and they ship every 3 months, right? 

I GUESS they were going to ship me out a May old TT box? The site was taking all my info and giving me shipping rates on the site, which seems very strange if they are between seasons/ shipping times on the non QVC  Test Tube. Usually, sites which are between shipments will say " sign up for our next shipment" but this one was ready to GO. 

I'm sorry but I'm not paying for Jergens and some samples and the much- hated Tan Towels. It sounds like they've gone way downhill to me in a couple of years. I found a complete one under my bathroom sink and the highlight of the tube was a black Mally eyeliner pencil, and I consider black eyeliner pencils to be the absolute bottom of the barrel in cosmetic products. I have enough of them to last the rest of my life.

I think I'll look into other subs without tan towels or drugstore samples. Thank you for the discussion. 

Girlygirlie, I actually just placed my order on the QVC site today for the test tube. I too was confused about what box I would be getting. I chatted with one of the customer service ladies online and she said I would be paying for the August box. Oh and they ship them every 4 months.

Girlygirlie, I actually just placed my order on the QVC site today for the test tube. I too was confused about what box I would be getting. I chatted with one of the customer service ladies online and she said I would be paying for the August box. Oh and they ship them every 4 months.
I don't shop with QVC for personal reasons ( my husband would burn the box with the contents intact if I ever did any more TV shopping for one thing)-- 

BUT, I went to the New Beauty site and signed up for the reg. Test Tube, all but paid for it.. then exited the site.

Within 24 hours, I had an email offering me the sub for 40% off.

This has happened to me about 6 times with various subs in the past 3 weeks. I have it down to an art, hee hee. 

For anyone thinking about, but not quite sure about a new sub, IF you have time to wait it out, try doing everything but entering payment method and seeing if you don't get a really nice discount offer. 

OT:

Moderators- I think we need a subscription box hints and tips topic. 

I'd also like a "Subscriptions you would love to see" thread. For example, now that Memebox takes CCs, it seems to me that they can easily offer a monthly recurring regular edition Memebox subscription.

I'd love to see a recurring Sephora subscription box which isn't product- specific ( most of theirs are mascara or perfumes or teeny sunscreens). 

I'd love a sub box from Lush, who just sent me a new catalog today. YAY!

Back