Nicky Hilton Fancy Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received an email that the box insert is wrong. It is not the " Verbal" box but the Nicky Hilton box which was received.

Crowsgirl15, what the heck did you get? I'm kinda freaking here if there was nothing like a product Nicky Hilton would have selected.

Just received an email that the box insert is wrong. It is not the " Verbal" box but the Nicky Hilton box which was received.

Crowsgirl15, what the heck did you get? I'm kinda freaking here if there was nothing like a product Nicky Hilton would have selected.
Haha, no, I actually liked the stuff in the box a lot! And it did seem like stuff that Nicky would select - but I just didn't know what a "Verbal" is either (I have since discovered he is a Japanese rapper...had I known that in advance, I probably would have been able to tell that this wasn't his box ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ).

This is what I got. I really actually liked it all:

Gold Heart Necklace by Lumo - $35 (cute, but the chain is a little short for me)

"Invisible Man" Classic Book Journal - $10 (not sure if there's a variation in the covers, but I love this journal)

NCLA "I Only Fly Private" Nail Laquer - $16 (pretty coral color)

Gardenia and Tuberose Mini Jar Candle - $10 (bigger than it looks, and it smells great)

Pumped Up Phone Stand - $10

From what I can tell, the "theme" (if there is one) is supposed to be taking a trip? With the phone stand, and the journal, and the travel candle. But I was pretty happy with all the items. As Fancy boxes go, I like this more than the others I've gotten.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, no, I actually liked the stuff in the box a lot! And it did seem like stuff that Nicky would select - but I just didn't know what a "Verbal" is either (I have since discovered he is a Japanese rapper...had I known that in advance, I probably would have been able to tell that this wasn't his box ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ).

Gold Heart Necklace by Lumo - $35 (cute, but the chain is a little short for me)

"Invisible Man" Classic Book Journal - $10 (not sure if there's a variation in the covers, but I love this journal)

Gardenia and Tuberose Mini Jar Candle - $10 (bigger than it looks, and it smells great)

From what I can tell, the "theme" (if there is one) is supposed to be taking a trip? With the phone stand, and the journal, and the travel candle. But I was pretty happy with all the items. As Fancy boxes go, I like this more than the others I've gotten.
LOVE that phone stand. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

THANK YOU so much. I read the book " Invisible Man". I would be thrilled if there is a product which plays off the book's premise.  I will really like and use these items!! SO happy. I will not cancel because this is not the usual " Fancy" junk box.

Hoping so much that I get a nice scent in my candle too. 

The rapper's box would be much different. Did you see his photo? Lots of metal hardware on that body. Tons different from pretty Nicky in her Dior gown. : :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I may be the only person, but I wasn't very impressed with Nicky's box. Yes, it is more feminine than all of the others. But I just feel like it lacks that something special.

I got the same exact box as crowsgirl15 and I like everything! The necklace is so cute. I really needed an iPhone stand but could never remember to shop around for one...love the little black heels! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The gardenia and tuberose candle smells so pretty and I will definitely use it. I like the coral shade of the nail polish and I think the journal is cool. This is my first Fancy box and I'm pretty happy! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For a " Fancy box" this has to be the NICEST one I've ever seen, and I've seen years worth.

For those who still don't understand how generally pathetic Fancy is ( except for the food box which has gone up to a ridiculous price compared to other food subs) just Google reviews. 

There is ONLY ONE person whom I know liked what she got in a reg. Fancy box- but she's some kind of robot who posts amazingly glowing reviews and pretends to like. no, love  everything sent to her to review-- and she has a  financial stake in liking "personality" curated boxes right now. 

I didn't get the box, but it's easy enough to order one :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I guess I should have specified: " I hope that my box which has shipped contains the cute heels and not the usual freaked up Fancy Co. pink pig or green glowing plastic alien or UFO". :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box is ordered and shipped..... What I end up with is at the mercy of the totally unpredictably tacky Fancy Co. 

By Fancy Co. " standards", this is the most awesome box they've ever shipped. Last month, some chick ( I know who but will refrain) got all spazzed out with love because she got a kitchen trivet in the shape of a cooking pot. THAT'S how little people expect from Fancy Co.

I'm not just whistling Dixie. I got a box that was SO bad. I've posted about it here somewhere. 

It was one of my first subscription boxes to be " curated", right when Fancy Co. started, and I sat in the floor and literally sobbed until I was sick. I found out the next day that they had a money back guarantee. When I asked them how to return the box, as in, the address, they asked me " What was in your box?" 

When I told them, they said " Oh no, we don't want THAT back". 

So, when something pretty good comes from a company that made me have a hissy fit, then I am going to compliment it everywhere and sing the praises of the box ( not the company) because MAYBE if enough people do this, Fancy Co. will finally understand that half the time or more the liked items on their site are them being punk'd. 

They really do send out the 21st century equivalent of plastic dog doo doo most of the time. I'm not exaggerating. Promise. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with Fancy is that they're just a greasy middle man. On Fancy, users upload cool things which gets featured on the main feed if they're cool enough. But if you upload something there, it has to be something that can currently be purchased. Which is why all the stuff on the site has a price and the ability to purchase it.

But about 80% of the stuff there, Fancy doesn't actually have in stock. Instead, when you buy something featured on their site, they go out and buy it from the original seller (or elsewhere), and have it shipped to you. I'm not sure if they have the original seller ship it to you directly, or shipped to Fancy first. Interested companies can sell on Fancy directly though. But when you see that $2500 YSL bag on Fancy, know that they're just going to place an order at ysl.com for you.

So when people look at Fancy, all they see is that really cool things that Fancy users have uploaded and shared with the Fancy community. But when it comes down to getting items for boxes, Fancy doesn't have a very far reach and can't get any of the cool stuff they feature. So then end up getting a collection of items in bulk prices which is why there are constantly so many repeats from box to box and why the Fancy box will never look as good as what you see on the Fancy website.

The problem with Fancy is that they're just a greasy middle man. On Fancy, users upload cool things which gets featured on the main feed if they're cool enough. But if you upload something there, it has to be something that can currently be purchased. Which is why all the stuff on the site has a price and the ability to purchase it.

But about 80% of the stuff there, Fancy doesn't actually have in stock. Instead, when you buy something featured on their site, they go out and buy it from the original seller (or elsewhere), and have it shipped to you. I'm not sure if they have the original seller ship it to you directly, or shipped to Fancy first. Interested companies can sell on Fancy directly though. But when you see that $2500 YSL bag on Fancy, know that they're just going to place an order at ysl.com for you.

So when people look at Fancy, all they see is that really cool things that Fancy users have uploaded and shared with the Fancy community. But when it comes down to getting items for boxes, Fancy doesn't have a very far reach and can't get any of the cool stuff they feature. So then end up getting a collection of items in bulk prices which is why there are constantly so many repeats from box to box and why the Fancy box will never look as good as what you see on the Fancy website.
Interesting. I don't use the site nor spent much time on there.  So, for these Fred & Friends stiletto phone holders, as an example, how would it work?  They obviously change the name a little so one doesn't google it.  But the price seemed quite reasonable at $10. 

For a " Fancy box" this has to be the NICEST one I've ever seen, and I've seen years worth.

For those who still don't understand how generally pathetic Fancy is ( except for the food box which has gone up to a ridiculous price compared to other food subs) just Google reviews. 

There is ONLY ONE person whom I know liked what she got in a reg. Fancy box- but she's some kind of robot who posts amazingly glowing reviews and pretends to like. no, love  everything sent to her to review-- and she has a  financial stake in liking "personality" curated boxes right now. 
I like my regular fancy boxes. I got a sub for my birthday this year, and the workout box and the most recent summer box were great. Used everything in them many, many times (particularly the oversized towel, wave bluetooth speaker, #gymselfie tank, gym bag...).

I agree that the "middle man" aspect is the real problem with Fancy. There have been a couple times I got something I thought was great...and then realized it was a knockoff that Fancy could get its hands on.

Interesting. I don't use the site nor spent much time on there.  So, for these Fred & Friends stiletto phone holders, as an example, how would it work?  They obviously change the name a little so one doesn't google it.  But the price seemed quite reasonable at $10. 
Fred & Friends only sell directly to retailers, so I imagine Fancy has a bunch of their stuff not only for boxes but to sell on their site. Since Fred is a wholesaler, their bulk prices are a lot lower than suggested retail price. $10 sounds about the average for those holders, since I've seen them around in stores such as Target or Nordstrom Rack.

I received my Nicky Hilton Fancy box today and I like the 5 products just fine. The necklace is a bit juvenile looking for my tastes but then, a very famous jewelry house has a similar heart necklace and I LOVE mine, so it's probably on trend..

My items were identical to the first reviewer's post:

1) Black rubber type heels for iPhone ( I want a larger size for my iPad- do they have them?)

2) Paddywax made in the USA soy candle in a pretty blue glass container- Tuberose and Gardenia but smells mildly floral not overwhelming which is great.

3) NCLA Jet Setter collection polish in the coral " I Only Fly Private" which I can really relate to the name and I like the polish color a lot.  We charter our flights to all No. America destinations because we know a lot of pilots who love to stay current with their flight hours and also would like a vacation where we want to fly.. It works out so much better than dealing with the TSA and the lines and the noisy crowds and the B.O. and the price is not much different. Of course, I don't have Nicky Hilton's customized private jets but I wish I did, LOL.

4) My journal has the book jacket for " Invisible Man" also. Love it.

5) Already commented on the necklace which is made by hand by LUMO. I would put this on a one year old for her first portrait sitting.. like my mother did with me.. 

I received my Nicky Hilton Fancy box today and I like the 5 products just fine. The necklace is a bit juvenile looking for my tastes but then, a very famous jewelry house has a similar heart necklace and I LOVE mine, so it's probably on trend..

My items were identical to the first reviewer's post:

1) Black rubber type heels for iPhone ( I want a larger size for my iPad- do they have them?)

2) Paddywax made in the USA soy candle in a pretty blue glass container- Tuberose and Gardenia but smells mildly floral not overwhelming which is great.

3) NCLA Jet Setter collection polish in the coral " I Only Fly Private" which I can really relate to the name and I like the polish color a lot.  We charter our flights to all No. America destinations because we know a lot of pilots who love to stay current with their flight hours and also would like a vacation where we want to fly.. It works out so much better than dealing with the TSA and the lines and the noisy crowds and the B.O. and the price is not much different. Of course, I don't have Nicky Hilton's customized private jets but I wish I did, LOL.

4) My journal has the book jacket for " Invisible Man" also. Love it.

5) Already commented on the necklace which is made by hand by LUMO. I would put this on a one year old for her first portrait sitting.. like my mother did with me.. 
That must be nice. I do not know pilots, and can't imagine the price is actually less than my $250 cross country Jet Blue flights, so I'll stick with the color to "feel" like it's private ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> LOL!

I'm not going to chance it with Fancy Co. after this initial box.. The items were cute but not exactly quite luxury. I'm going more for K- beauty and customized things like Beauty DNA, and From The Lab ( the owners know me).

Back