Nicky Hilton Fancy Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That must be nice. I do not know pilots, and can't imagine the price is actually less than my $250 cross country Jet Blue flights, so I'll stick with the color to "feel" like it's private ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> LOL!
We didn't know pilots until the past 15 years.. Prior to that, I was married to a pilot and we had our own plane, So in a way, it's kind of a bit of a step down to have to wait on a charter pilot and plane. The way to really do it right is to own your own plane and go whenever you want to and so forth. 

I married the first time for love- my HS sweetheart. My upper class parents were so appalled by him in the first place. He beat me to within an inch of my life for no reason at all within a few months of our short marriage (as if there ever is a reason- there's not..) 

I've married old money since then ( since growing up and not rebelling against my sweet parents) and I come from old money- (I was accused yesterday of being  nouveau riche'-- not so).

What really matters is doing what makes you happy and living your life that matters in your own ways. Not how you get across the country or across the world. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  We do quite a bit of charitable giving. I totally believe in giving back and doing for others without recognition or acclaim. What will matter at the end of our lives is what we did out of love and loving and who we helped and cared for out of selfless love  as Jesus would have us do, IMO. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Im happy that people who got the box like the things that are in it. 

I was really hoping the fact that it was Nicky Hilton would cause Fancy to step it up a bit.  Which I think they did but not high enough for me.

I think that Quarterly (so far I've only received Nina Garcia's and I've loved them) is a better fit for what I'm looking for.  We'll see how I feel about that when I get Rachel Yeoman's box ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Darn it, Fancy!  I want to love you but I just can't!

Im happy that people who got the box like the things that are in it. 

I was really hoping the fact that it was Nicky Hilton would cause Fancy to step it up a bit.  Which I think they did but not high enough for me.

I think that Quarterly (so far I've only received Nina Garcia's and I've loved them) is a better fit for what I'm looking for.  We'll see how I feel about that when I get Rachel Yeoman's box ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Darn it, Fancy!  I want to love you but I just can't!
Quarterlies seem really hit and miss depending on the curator. Nina is GREAT...but I got the book riot boxes, and neither were even worth what I paid (like, not even by retail prices). If the curator is interested in making it a value box, it's great. If it's just a few things they pick and the value isn't there, it isn't quite worth it to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
We didn't know pilots until the past 15 years.. Prior to that, I was married to a pilot and we had our own plane, So in a way, it's kind of a bit of a step down to have to wait on a charter pilot and plane. The way to really do it right is to own your own plane and go whenever you want to and so forth. 

I married the first time for love- my HS sweetheart. My upper class parents were so appalled by him in the first place. He beat me to within an inch of my life for no reason at all within a few months of our short marriage (as if there ever is a reason- there's not..) 

I've married old money since then ( since growing up and not rebelling against my sweet parents) and I come from old money- (I was accused yesterday of being  nouveau riche'-- not so).

What really matters is doing what makes you happy and living your life that matters in your own ways. Not how you get across the country or across the world. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  We do quite a bit of charitable giving. I totally believe in giving back and doing for others without recognition or acclaim. What will matter at the end of our lives is what we did out of love and loving and who we helped and cared for out of selfless love  as Jesus would have us do, IMO. 
It sounds like you have been very blessed financially. I am sorry for what happened to you in your first marriage, that sounds terrible.

Money isn't something I find all that important. As long as I have enough to live and am not scraping by, I'm perfectly happy. If I have enough to buy a subscription box or two here and there, that's even better! I enjoy my work, I enjoy what I can afford, and I like life, so it works for me.

I got my NH box and I hated it! No note saying what the JUNK was or why it was picked. No Fancy stickers. Thrown together horribly. I'm NEVER getting another Fancy box again.

I cancelled my sub.  Although I liked the items, this first box just didn't wow me enough to justify keeping it.  I realized I want less of lifestyle/home/jewelry items and more beauty and skincare items.  I decided to shift my money over to Sample Society and maybe a Memebox or two...or four! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I cancelled my sub.  Although I liked the items, this first box just didn't wow me enough to justify keeping it.  I realized I want less of lifestyle/home/jewelry items and more beauty and skincare items.  I decided to shift my money over to Sample Society and maybe a Memebox or two...or four! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yes, me too. I'm letting many subs fall by the wayside if they don't "wow" me so I can get more Memeboxes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back