No titled needed

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote:
People is reporting that Rihanna has wrapped up her vacation in Mexico and is currently secluded with Chris Brown at one of Diddy's homes. The magazine also refers to them as "on again," and that they mutually reached out to each other as events in the case unfolded. As we wait for more details of a possible reconciliation, it's hard to know what exactly to make of this latest news. I'm just speechless.

I'm blown away...

It's one thing to be inlove with someone and want it to work out...but its a completely different scenerio when the one you love who supposedly loves you back beat the shit outta you and NOW you want to get back with him. Why????? I just dont get it...she doesnt strike me as an idoit but if this is true, I guess looks can be deceiving!

I think that couples want to believe that these things blow over and are just "something you go through..". I watched my neices all go back to violent boyfriends. I guess Rihanna is gonna have to find out for herself.

That's one thing I'll never understand. People who are in abusive relationships who don't walk away...

And here I was thinking she would realize that she is a role model... I guess not...

Hopefully when she does wake up to what a violent relationship is and how it could end, she won't be at the morgue...

idiot.gif
Unfortunately some women don't learn til it gets even worse. No matter what, I will never look at Chris Brown the same nonetheless. I'm sure it's just so that she'll drop the charges. Her stupidity doesn't change what he did. Imo, while she may not be a good example, at least she's an example of what you shouldn't do.

We HOPE that DV victims would see her as that - an example of what not to do... But the records show, not so... Many just like her choose to go back...

Yeah this sets a really bad example to women who look up to Rihanna and are in relationships where they suffer domestic violence.

A lot of these women will think it's okay to go back to someone who beats the crap out of them cos Rihanna did it.

I know celebrities have to live their lives the way they want to and they can't be unhappy just to please others but at the same time they do have to consider the people that look up to them.

She has so many people around her who are willing her on and don't want her to go back to him and I'd hoped that they would be able to stop her but I guess it's not always that easy.

A bit of a random update. According to people.com she is taking him back.

This bothered me sooo much. It sends the wrong message to young women who deal, or will deal sadly, with this.

Originally Posted by LilRayofSun /img/forum/go_quote.gif A bit of a random update. According to people.com she is taking him back.
This bothered me sooo much. It sends the wrong message to young women who deal, or will deal sadly, with this.

Exactly. She obviously doesn't care about being a role model. I'm really disappointed in her and have lost respect for her. Someone needs to get through to this girl.

I dont think she should be looked as a role model nor should any other celebrity. They are just people. She wont be the first or last woman to take an abusive man back. Unfortunately this was very public so Im sure she will be getting alot of hate if she really did take him back.

agreed. I had hoped that she would set a good example for other young women in a similar situation. I'm sad to hear that she isn't going to.

Im in the boat with Emily, she is a celebrity, a singer with a mediocre voice who we should see as that rather than someone that could possibly lead DV victims in the right direction. She is young and it took a while for Tina Turner too decide she had enough because she was young as well. Age has alot to do with that. There are wonderful grown women who could be used a role models (Ne Ne Leaks for example) who have organizations and counsel battered women. The #1 reason why women stay in abusive relationships is because of the man having all the control, the woman having no money and no control. Rihanna has the money, she has control over her own life, she is a child and if she wants more knots upside her head...more power to her. She is not the classic abused woman....she's a ****whipped little girl. I love every single one of you on this website....but BOOOO if you thought she was gonna set the bar on abuse and leave him alone, and overcome it, and make statements and give a dime of her money to charities for abused women, and maybe even in our fantasies open up a shelter or something....BOOOOO!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

And how disgusting that her father supports this? And her friends all partying it up in Miami as it she didnt look like she got hit with an 18-wheeler 3 weeks ago. They are Ike and Tina 09, maybe one day she will have enough, and when she does, its gonna be a task to get support, and its gonna be a task to get rid of the man....cause he thought it was cool....I say that with experience..

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love every single one of you on this website....but BOOOO if you thought she was gonna set the bar on abuse and leave him alone, and overcome it, and make statements and give a dime of her money to charities for abused women, and maybe even in our fantasies open up a shelter or something....BOOOOO!!!!!!!! Lol!I didn't think she would do that, I just thought she'd go away for a while and then do a Britney and come back with a new album and have her face on the front of some magazine talking about her 'Chris Brown Hell'. It's not that I wanted her to do it to set a good example to DV victims, everyone wanted her to do it for herself. I think I'm too much of an optimist
tongue.gif

lol, yes, I kind of thought what Katie thinks too...

but AP, you're right, we should be supportive of her as women ourselves - leaving an abusive relationship is something that much older, mature and sensible people have found difficult to do, so we shouldn't expect her to find it easy.

And I totally agree with you re: not the classic beaten woman - she has independence and financial stability, so there is nothing to stop her from leaving if she wants to!

I reckon beyonce would have kicked his ASS though, if it had been her!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif l I reckon beyonce would have kicked his ASS though, if it had been her! How can you be so sure? Domestic abuse is a very private thing until it gets completely out of hand. You never know what happens between two people at home.

Em, I'm not serious, I'm trying to add lightness to this sad situation.

But I do get the impression that Beyonce is a particularly strong woman.

Quote:
Shocking new evidence about what happened in the car the night Chris Brown allegedly beat Rihanna.
FOX 11 in L.A. obtained LAPD detectives notes from a search warrant in the case. According to the notes, Rihanna read a three-page text message on Brown's phone from a woman. An argument ensued and Brown allegedly tried forcing Rihanna out of the car but couldn't because she was wearing her seat belt.

Brown then allegedly shoved Rihanna's head against the passenger window. When Rihanna turned to face him, Brown punched her, then continued punching her while driving, according to the detective's notes.

Blood spattered all over Rihanna's clothing and in the interior of the car. Her mouth was filled with blood.

Brown allegedly told Rihanna, "I'm going to beat the **** out of you when we get home. You wait and see."

Rihanna called her assistant and left a message saying, "I am on my way home. Make sure the cops are there when I get there."

Brown then replied, "You just did the stupidest thing ever. I'm going to kill you."

According to the report, Brown continued to punch Rihanna, bit her on her ear, her fingers and put her in a headlock -- she almost lost consciousness.

Source
Makes me even sicker knowing they're back together. I would like to add that while I didn't expect to become a role model and understand that she is just a person that's better known than us, she is still living a life that is highly publicized and with that comes hope that would use that publicity in the best way possible. But, like mentioned before, she is still a child and she has more than enough control to leave, she just chooses not to.

Legal Papers

Back