No wonder they have such bad reps...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya, must be really frastruating i can understand! i'm going to go ahead and say this but the truth is there are alot of cops who abuse their power and they do this on purpose.

by the way, if this ticket will raise your insurance then you better go to court for it.

I drive ALOT for my job, so I've had a few tickets just because I'm on the road so much and yes...sometimes I tend to drive a little fast. I don't know how it works where you live, but I NEVER just eat a moving violation ticket anymore. It makes your insurance go up. So...I always go to traffic court early and the DA comes in and if you want to talk to him/her they let you and I have always been able to get them reduced, if not dismissed. It's pretty standard here. There is always a gazillion (it seems like) people in court and another gazillion waiting to talk to the DA. So, I wait my turn and they look at it and reduce it. EVERY TIME! It's been 3 or 4 now in the last 3 or 4 years.

that sux! sorry to hear that!

I would probably dispute it and take it to court, If the cop doesn't show up it will most likely be dismissed.. and otherwise like kaville said you can probably have it reduced..

I was actually just talking to my lil brother earlier who was set up by a cop this week..

He was being tale-gated by a cop, so he sped up to get into the right lane, and out of his way.. thinking the cop needed to pass him in a hurry..

instead the cop just pulled in behind him and gave him a ticket for it!
dong.gif

Poor guy was just trying to do the right thing
frown.gif

I've never gotten pulled over and sometimes I'll go over the limit while a cop is near me but never no more than 5 miles over - our cops are not extremely strict on that unless it's really speeding like, 10+ above the limit and swerving in and out of lanes.

Sucks you have to pay and feel like he tricked you, especially if you noticed other drivers going faster than you.

Back