November 2012 No/Low Buy Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mothermicky /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am doing my first ever "No buy November" and it is already difficult. I keep thinking about all the new products that are coming out or are out. I keep getting emails from companies doing sales and showing me wonderful newbies. I am hanging on by a thread because I tech have subscription boxes that are coming at the end of the month but it is really difficult not to whip out that card and charge cosmetics. Anyone else feel me?
Yep. I unsubscribed from all those emails this morning. Way too tempting!

This thread is really inspiring! Today I closed my bank account. From now on I will be putting all my paychecks into a joint bank account I keep with my mother. I help her out financially, and this will make me think twice before I spend money from the account.

Cannot wait until Dec. 1, so I can have a fresh start! 

Originally Posted by EdithS2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This thread is really inspiring! Today I closed my bank account. From now on I will be putting all my paychecks into a joint bank account I keep with my mother. I help her out financially, and this will make me think twice before I spend money from the account.

Cannot wait until Dec. 1, so I can have a fresh start! 
Good luck!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I need to join this group! I just realized today that I have over 50 perfumes and tons of samples from Birchbox that I haven't used. I'm also deciding which boxes to cut down on. I'm currently with:

Birchbox (already gone yearly)

Ipsy (thinking about going yearly)

Love with food (got a deal on groupon)

Popsugar (need to cancel)

Yesterday I got a Beauty Army box and I loved it. I had cancelled the subscription while the box was in the mail, but when I saw the pretty box I was desperate to sign up for the sub again. I managed to talk myself out of it by telling myself it was silly to waste money on samples when I have perfectly good full-sized products already. Logged in to BA to see what samples I have to pick from next and they did not look that good. Actually the items in the box will make superb stocking stuffers for my Mom so I don't think I'll keep them. 

I got a Josie Maran holiday soap set I had ordered in the mail today too. I think I will give this to Mom as a gift as well. Less shopping I will have to do. Finally, I am waiting on World Is Not Enough nail polish. I decided I can only afford one OPI Bond polish so I would get the more practical, subtle color. That will be my last purchase for a long, long time, I hope! 

my no buy pretty much failed i was soo good until this last week and i know december is a month that i probably will being buy some makeup and stuff so i guess i'll make a no buy january my new years resolution and enjoy this month of shopping especially since i do have 2 seasonal jobs providing a little extra income :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> good luck in december to everyone who will be doing a no buy though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back