November 2012 No/Low Buy Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I broke my no-buy again because I got dumped and needed some hot pink lipstick to perk me up haha. thankfully I went to Walgreens instead of Sephora so only spent $14.

I'm officially falling off the wagon tomorrow night.. eep! Already purchased stuff, but all gifts so far! That's a plus, right? Shopped for my MuT Secret Santa and also for youth in need through a local Christmas Tree Angel program. I picked a 16 yr old girl and 17 yr old boy...clothes for both, dress sox, headphones and electronics for him, under things and makeup items for her.. this time of year hits hard for some and after a winter break, it's easy to see who "Santa" may have missed among teens. I remember how crazy high school could be lol, so time to dig in my pockets and give back. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> @hindsighting, poo poo.. that sucks and sorry about the break up!

I definitely haven't been following my no buy lol. But I have been doing pretty well makeup wise. I don't go to CVS as much anymore just to look around and find stuff. And i've used up quite a few foil samples. My next task is to start using lipstick (which i very rareeeeeely wear) as cream blush. This should help me feel like i'm using things, and keep me from buying blush :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow did I blow my low-buy this month.  Wow.

Wow... 
dong.gif

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow... 
dong.gif
That makes two of us. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, time to pick myself up, put away the credit cards, and get back on that no-buy horse. I think I'm adding all non-necessities onto the list of things I can't purchase. If I don't buy makeup, I'll buy clothes. If I don't buy clothes, I'll buy handbags. And so on and so forth. Next month we'll be spending a lot of money travelling, purchasing the last of our gifts for people. In January, I'll have to pay for my books and tuition, so that'll take a huge chunk of cash away. Can't buy any more junk I don't need!

But I guess I've had one small success--I totally avoided the Sephora and Ulta Black Friday sales. Last year I went beserk on the Sephora site and spent around $100. I think the fact that the deals weren't as good as last year's helped a lot with avoiding it. 

I've been reading this thread and I like reading about the concept of a low-buy. This is new to me. I have gone on long no-buys in the past, but in the end I always cheat and then get discouraged and give up on the whole thing. Another thing I do is decide to go on a no-buy, then go on a huge binge of shopping before it starts, thinking I'll make up for it. I think a low-buy might be something I can really stay with to work on my debt! I also like the idea of taking the low-buy a month at a time. 

I had to work today and had no time to shop. I have no money and won't get paid until Monday. The Beauty Army Black Ops sale is good. I'll just have to get a little something from the dollar store this weekend! When I get paid, maybe the Skyfall Mini Bondettes from OPI if I can find them, then that will be all for November, hopefully. 

Went into Ulta after work today just to see if any of the black friday deals were still available. Almost bought the $7 OPI stocking stuffer but I didn't, felt real proud of my self :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow... 
dong.gif
Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That makes two of us. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, time to pick myself up, put away the credit cards, and get back on that no-buy horse. I think I'm adding all non-necessities onto the list of things I can't purchase. If I don't buy makeup, I'll buy clothes. If I don't buy clothes, I'll buy handbags. And so on and so forth. Next month we'll be spending a lot of money travelling, purchasing the last of our gifts for people. In January, I'll have to pay for my books and tuition, so that'll take a huge chunk of cash away. Can't buy any more junk I don't need!

But I guess I've had one small success--I totally avoided the Sephora and Ulta Black Friday sales. Last year I went beserk on the Sephora site and spent around $100. I think the fact that the deals weren't as good as last year's helped a lot with avoiding it. 
Three of us...Lame-o me..I always fall off towards the end of the month and ugh...Black Friday was hard to resist though..Be back next month for a another attempt!

Welp, I just broke my no buy lol. Only spent $25 but still. Damn you Sephora for tempting me with that mystery bag promotion. I got the Stila All Is Bright Lipglaze set that I've been eying for the past 2 months(I love Stila's lipglazes) I also bought some makeup products for a giveaway I have coming up on my youtube channel, but that was only $5. Time to get back on the wagon until Christmas!

After 3 LBBs and a Sephora Black Friday (+ItKit) binge this month, I'm back on the wagon.

From LBB, Sephora, BzzAgent, etc, I don't think I'll need any new beauty products for all of 2013. So I'm tentatively putting myself on a no-buy until my birthday (in May). The only exceptions are 2 items (snow leopard TOMS and Sephora's fragrance sampler (and then Prada Candy w/ the voucher)) if I don't receive them for Xmas.

After 3 LBBs and a Sephora Black Friday (+ItKit) binge this month, I'm back on the wagon. From LBB, Sephora, BzzAgent, etc, I don't think I'll need any new beauty products for all of 2013. So I'm tentatively putting myself on a no-buy until my birthday (in May). The only exceptions are 2 items (snow leopard TOMS and Sephora's fragrance sampler (and then Prada Candy w/ the voucher)) if I don't receive them for Xmas.
If you're buying Tom's online, be sure and go through Ebates..I think they're 5% back now.. but every bit helps right?

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After 3 LBBs and a Sephora Black Friday (+ItKit) binge this month, I'm back on the wagon.

From LBB, Sephora, BzzAgent, etc, I don't think I'll need any new beauty products for all of 2013. So I'm tentatively putting myself on a no-buy until my birthday (in May). The only exceptions are 2 items (snow leopard TOMS and Sephora's fragrance sampler (and then Prada Candy w/ the voucher)) if I don't receive them for Xmas.
If you're buying Tom's online, be sure and go through Ebates..I think they're 5% back now.. but every bit helps right?

Definitely. I've already gotten over $30 back (mainly the beginning of the year) and have $20 pending right now.

Nice! I'm due to get around $10+ back.. when I caved on some Black Friday deals, the sites kept crashing and I lost out... Oh well.

I did good and di not indulge in any of the sales this past week.  I will be taking advantage of the Sephora VIB discount cards being sent out now - $20 off of $50 purchase. 

Well, I was bad. I spent $100 at the HBO store. Curse my GoT addiction and that 25% off discount code! Right now, I'm tempted to order some stuff from Birchbox. I really, really need to say no to myself. I think spending a lot less time on the computer browsing the web would help. But alas, that's not going to happen for a couple of weeks. Not until my semester is done. 

I've decided to start over on December 1. It'll be a clear marker. All Christmas presents have been taken care of, so now I definitely don't have the temptation of buying a little something for myself along with the gifts. 

I also opened up my sample drawer today, and stuff just burst out everywhere. I think I'm going to make little bags of samples to send to my mom, MIL, and SILs. But on the bright side, I'm getting really close to finishing a few things that are in my shower. I think in December I'm going to start keeping track of empties again. 

Gah. Why is not buying stuff that you don't need so difficult?

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, I was bad. I spent $100 at the HBO store. Curse my GoT addiction and that 25% off discount code! Right now, I'm tempted to order some stuff from Birchbox. I really, really need to say no to myself. I think spending a lot less time on the computer browsing the web would help. But alas, that's not going to happen for a couple of weeks. Not until my semester is done. 

I've decided to start over on December 1. It'll be a clear marker. All Christmas presents have been taken care of, so now I definitely don't have the temptation of buying a little something for myself along with the gifts. 

I also opened up my sample drawer today, and stuff just burst out everywhere. I think I'm going to make little bags of samples to send to my mom, MIL, and SILs. But on the bright side, I'm getting really close to finishing a few things that are in my shower. I think in December I'm going to start keeping track of empties again. 

Gah. Why is not buying stuff that you don't need so difficult?
Because we WANT things lol...not need, but WANT!! My little monster pops up and screams gimmegimmegimme

I haven't bought anything for Thanksgiving, not even the Burt's Bee grab bag that I wanted really bad. I filled $25 elf order but didn't make it to check out because the HD blushes were sold out before I could check out o_O

So, $0 spending for me during Thanksgiving. Not sure if it's a win.

Black Friday sales didn't thrill me. Maintaining at $9.83 for the month so far. Oh, except I bought some beauty stuff for my secret santa, but I'm not counting that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> November is almost over, we can make it through the last few days, everyone!

Back