Nude lip look. Love it or hate it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loveeeeeee a nude lip!

I think it's just important to buy the right shade- some people assume it has to be a concealer-like colour but there are some gorgeous 'my lips but better' nudes out there, sometimes with a bit more warmth or depth to them.

I hate nude matte lips but when its creamy or glossy it can look quite pretty!

nude lips do nothing for me.  my light-dk olive skin, brown eyes, and dk, dk brown (black) hair blends everything together.

I adore nude lips!!! I agree it doesn't look good on some people. I love a nude lip and face with really dramatic eyes. For anyone out there looking for a great nude lipstick try MUFE 22 or Revlon colorburst in soft nude.

I guess the nude lip thing works for people who are fair. I don't like it when people who are really tanned do this look because it seems like they have no lips. ha ha. I'm medium and asian, and I tried the nude lips look once with dark eye shadow... I looked ghostly!

xoxo,

Roxanne

I love the nude lip trend, IF you know how to pull it off. I'm still working on mastering it for myself, but I *heart* the combination of a nude lip with a smokey eye. Love, love love!

I love nude lips!  I wear them more often than anything else, mainly because I'm not a fan of my lips so I'd rather draw attention to my eyes.  I don't know if it's because I do it so often, but I never have a hard time making it work.  Or maybe I do, and I just don't know I look dead!  lol! 
ill.gif

Anyway! Some of my favorite nudes are:

MAC Myth (favorite ever)

MAC Hue

NYX Iced Honey

Also Maybelline Lip Polish in Nude Flash is a great nude gloss! 

I think nude lips are here to stay.

Yes the answer might be different but depends on whom it would suit and on whom it won't :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Nude lips are great when you've got dramatic eyes, and I think you really do need to go for the skin colored nude look if you really want your eyes to POP. The pink "natural" lips look still draws some attention away if you want a strong focus to be on your eyes. I feel it's kind of like jewelry. You want a bit of glitz and glam here or there, but you don't want to be sparkling from head to toe, unless you want to look like Barbie dream house prom night or something! I use a nude colored lipstick -- concealers are a bit drying for me and my lips get parched really easily with some lip products, so I find it best to stick with things that were produced with the intention of keeping lips moisturized in mind. I was hoping to be able to buy NYX round lipstick in Circe, but it was sold out when I bought from them last time, so I use Iris, which for me is kind of a shimmery coraly nude (not quite the matte concealer look). I think I might have purchased another nude-like color, but I don't remember the name of it off hand.

I absolutly love nude. Some people love color but it tends to be too much on most people I think but then again it fits some.

I prefer sheer pink but i always like to do bright eyes so nude in my own way remains the best option for me, i don't want to look like a paint pot (although i think smokey eyes and red lips are super sexy !).

It depends on the look that I am looking to achieve. If I want to draw attention to my eyes, I would definitely rock the nude lip. If I want to draw attention to my lips, I will use something more dramatic. I love wearing lip gloss, but there is nothing bad about the nude lip, especially to those that are looking to draw attention to other features (i.e. eyes).

I think the use of concealer for a nude lip appears too faux and rather pasty. I like to use flesh-toned matte/semi matte lipstick.

First! No matter what, a nude lip needs to be worn with a bolder eye. Just a few more swipes of mascara and a couple more strokes of liner will do the trick. Of course if you have a fancy shmancy event, please do a full-on smoky eye with shadow and smudging and liner, oh my!

thanks

asia

I love nude lips. It a safe way to wear a lipstick, gloss or any created color.

With the right color, nude lups look great on everyone.

Also, nude colors look great for the office, for those who work in a professional setting.

Nude lips are also worn when the eyes are bold. Normally make up artists tend to keep the lips plain when eye makeup is extremely bold and the color pops out.

I found the other nude color I had at home last night, it's called Cream. That one doesn't have the coral hint to it.

I love nude! It depends on what kinds, some actually look pretty, some can make me look deadly, like the Mac Lipstick in Myth. I'm really tan so it's extremely hard to pull off a nude lip on me because then I'll look too dramatic or funky but I really love nude colors.

I am also a HUGE fan of a nude lip but only with a smokey eye.  I'm a neutral girl so this is right up my alley.  What really works well for me is the Laura Geller Lip Spackle.  It gives me the perfect nude lip without looking dead or sickly.

I love wearing a nude lip because my skin is very pink (as you can tell) toned and my lips are pretty pigmented, so it gives my looks more versatility. I can't really suggest a good product though, because I haven't ended my search for one.

Back