Nude lip look. Love it or hate it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count me as a "hate."
​I generally prefer bold lips, but I will wear the occasional subdued rose (Too Faced La Matte in "Hey Gurrl" is a favorite), but I think I, like most women, look best with at least a little color on my lips.
It annoys me a little when, if I Google "I hate nude lips," instead of getting sympathy, I get "How to Find the Right Nude for You."
There is no "right nude" for me, just as there is no "right shade of puce" for my hair; it's simply not the look for me.
Years from now, I may cringe when I look at photos of myself wearing bold lips, but I doubt it.

Nude lips look so nice on girls with big lips, but not on me.

My lips are too thin to make any statements if I wear nude colour.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I agree that nude non-colors look best on fuller lips.

But even though I'm blessed with naturally full lips, beige still looks like the Dawn of the Dead, or at least the Age of Anemia, on me.

Maybe it's my coloring.

I prefer nude lips but I know they wash me out. It's really hard to find the right shade though. I prefer more of rosy and peachy nudes. My lips will never look like the Kardasians but I'm ok with it. Lol

My lips will never look like the Kardasians but I'm ok with it. Lol
I'm glad you're okay with not being a copy of a Kardashian; heaven knows what kind of "enhancements" they've had done, and they tend to look a little wan at times, at least to me.

Trying to look like someone else is demoralizing, anyhow.

Hey.
Well, i personally love the all nude lip look. Nude lips are absolutely classy and sassy if worn correctly. You just need to find a perfect match for you according to your skintone and undertones. Also a good nude lip look depends on how you wear it. Nude lips are always a decent choice for everyday. See this makeup tutorial with nude lips. (link removed)
Hope it was helpful for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back