O-bento - japanese boxed lunches

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why doesn't my bento come like this when I order it in the resturant???
kopfkratz.gif

Ah! Absolutely cute!! But i won't have the time or patient to do it..

But it definately makes having lunch-in a lot more fun

I'm all about artistic food presentation. Thanks for sharing. I'll keep this in mind for the not-so-distant future.

I love Japanese food...and these look fab! Very sweet! Gives me some ideas to make my little boy's lunch more appealing!

It's so funny that this post is here because I had been wondering what bento was for the longest time and finally just looked it up. Then I saw this post.

Those lunches are adorable! Especially the panda one on the LJ blog.

-- Lissi

I love these! If I ever win the lottery and become rich, I'm hiring a Japanese chef to prepare this for me every day!
rockwoot.gif

those pictures remind me of what my mum used to make for me when I was in Kindergarten!! Thanks mum.

(although my Obento/bento was more normal looking than in that Journal.

Originally Posted by Leony Lol I know those bento are cute lol but the only bento that looks yummy to me is Gyouza one. The rest are just blah, believe me taste of those Obento is not what you think on how it looks. To me, the best bento are the homemade ones. I totally agree. When I was in Japan we bought obentos at the train station and they weren't that great. When we have leftover japanese food I will sometimes have obento for lunch but it's not even as fancy as the last link. Unfortunately I lost one of the lids for my lunch box so I haven't had it in awhile
scared.gif
mmm..gyooza...lol

I love Japanese lunch boxes but my favorite restaurant needs to see the ones you posted - they are awesome! ANd of course, I was sitting here eating a bologna sandwich at the time - how boring! lol

It's nice to know someone else on the mu forum enjoys anime! I have been wondering about the lunchbox trend in certain animes also, so this post is really cool! I just finished Maburaho (which is a harem-style anime) and the girls compete with each other often by trying to make the best box lunch for the boy they all like...

So cute! Thanks for a great post!

Just found this Japanese mum's blog (a mother of Kindergaeten kid)

you can see Pokemon, Miffy(**** bruna), Mickymouse shade, Winnie the poo Bento!
inlove3.gif

http://shunkun.269g.net/category/201770.html

About Bneto box sold in shops in Japan they usually aren't pretty looking, but still taste good and healthy.

^^^

didn't meant to write rude. (it's automatically moderated..) Miffy's author has unique first name.
yahootongue.gif

http://www.miffy.com/ Miffy is very much loved rabbit in Japan.

!!!! I love it!!!! I want to make it for my kids! And it's all made out of such fresh looking food, it makes my tummy feel clean just looking at it.

I love Japanese, they always do everything 110% better than everyone else I know.

I have quite a few o-bento lunch recipes I'll post later today! They just happened to have been in the latest issue of "Every Day with Rachael Ray!"

ARghhhh So yummy. A part from they are in Japanese which I totally blind, they look great. ThanKs

It's a great way to get kids to eat healthy. If someone made a bento box for me I'd feel so loved. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm an anime "nerd" too. Otaku desu!

I was just reading about these in Rachel Ray's magazine too. I want to start packing my lunch and I loved them so much, I just bought myself one. It was just too cute to pass up. Now I just need to get in gear and pack my lunch when it arrives.

What are some of your favorite things to pack for lunch, bento box or just regular lunch?

Back