O-bento - japanese boxed lunches

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooooh rdenee i so love your box ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i love obento, it's so cool and fun to make.

my mom bought me a box from tupperware. it's close to an obento, and it's so nice of her i use it everytime i have to lunch at my university. the face of my friends ^^.

Hello kitty and Muji make some obento, and i can't decide which one i want to buy for christmas.

i have to try that panda, kawaii !

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif ooooh rdenee i so love your box ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />i love obento, it's so cool and fun to make.

my mom bought me a box from tupperware. it's close to an obento, and it's so nice of her i use it everytime i have to lunch at my university. the face of my friends ^^.

Hello kitty and Muji make some obento, and i can't decide which one i want to buy for christmas.

i have to try that panda, kawaii !

Thanks! I didn't know tupperware had something like that, very sweet of your mom and a nice reminder of her during the day. I might have to look into that for days when I want to take a sandwich. I can't wait to get my box. Oh the fun possibilities of what to pack - I am not a huge rice fan, so I think mine will be more Italian and Greek foods, but who knows! :)

Originally Posted by rdenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was just reading about these in Rachel Ray's magazine too. I want to start packing my lunch and I loved them so much, I just bought myself one. It was just too cute to pass up. Now I just need to get in gear and pack my lunch when it arrives.
What are some of your favorite things to pack for lunch, bento box or just regular lunch?

Oh, that's a cute one! I still haven't gotten a bento box, but I want to get one of these (can't decide, maybe I'll end up getting both...):

goth_bento_j74.jpg

urara_rabit_j68.jpg

The red one is pretty common, but it's bigger, has a bag, and inexpensive.

When I start making my own "obentos", I'll probably just make whatever I feel like eating, and not strictly japanese/asian food. Mmmbento's livejournal is a good guide for non-traditional bentos.
smile.gif

lol rdenee i don't always cook japanese, and the oven just died, so i can't really cook as i'd like, but i confess i love dorayaki (it's a japanese dessert with red beans paste between two pancakes ) so when i can buy one, i do, it's my japanese touch
wink.gif

this is so cool i never knew abt this and i die for good sushi! so fun! love the Japanese ingenuity

it's pretty common in Japan. every mom does one for her kid, and you can also buy them in stores for lunch.

After spending some time in Japan, I have to admit that I wish I could eat Japanese food all the time. It is so healthy that I lost over 4 pounds without even trying. I ate a lot too! Seeing these pictures of stylish obento boxes makes me want to buy one and start eating healthier. Let's face it - it's not like you can stick a bag of chips in that little thing.

Originally Posted by rdenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was just reading about these in Rachel Ray's magazine too. I want to start packing my lunch and I loved them so much, I just bought myself one. It was just too cute to pass up. Now I just need to get in gear and pack my lunch when it arrives.
Where did you get yours?

and the frozen food sections are always full of little quick-make goodies for good bento... too bad it's not like that here (though, in select japanese food markets, you can find yummy frozen food... but they're hard to come by in states with low japanese population).

when I was little, when we first moved to the states, my mom would make me obento and the kids made fun of me and said my food looked gross. little did they know... it'd kick their stupid sandwiches butt anyday. but being 5 years old, I told her to stop making them for me
frown.gif
I don't know why, but that story still makes me sad! if only my classmates were as accepting of cultural differences as you all!

Originally Posted by spazbaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif After spending some time in Japan, I have to admit that I wish I could eat Japanese food all the time. It is so healthy that I lost over 4 pounds without even trying. I ate a lot too! Seeing these pictures of stylish obento boxes makes me want to buy one and start eating healthier. Let's face it - it's not like you can stick a bag of chips in that little thing.

Where did you get yours?

Sorry for the delay in the response. Dang work!
frown.gif

I bought mine off ebay. I purchased it through the seller tokyo_gift.

I was very happy with my purchase, and it arrived within about 10 days. If you do a search on ebay, there are a lot of them.

I love it so much, I just bought another one! :)

Another good site for bento information and links is Cooking Cute: a bento site

Originally Posted by rdenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Another good site for bento information and links is Cooking Cute: a bento site That's actually run/maintained by mmbento on LJ! She started it after her LJ became pretty popular.

awwww, kawaiiiiiiiiii!!! I've always wanted a bento box *sigh* -- actually, I've always wanted anything and everything Japanese!! *grin*

I'll soooooooooo get me one ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> would be cool packing my lunch in 'em!

Thanks for the thread
biggrin.gif

Back