Oh Chanel

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Oh Chanel, why must you have the prettiest lip glosses on earth, but at prices I just can't afford. First it's the Glossimers and now this, the Waterlight glosses.

branding.jpg

$25 for a lip gloss!? That's the price of my weekly grocery bill!

Originally Posted by MAC Yeah I agree that is high. How can they sell those and compete with MAC and such? I love her lips too....wanna kiss them lol I might be a heretic, but I think the Chanel gloss colors are prettier than MAC's and I liek Chanel's texture better too. But then you're also buying the "Chanel" label.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl $25 for a lip gloss!? That's the price of my weekly grocery bill! Where in the Bay Area can you shop for the week on $25? That is what I want to know.
icon_wink.gif

The lipgloss looks awesome. I think that Envy likes them if I am not mistaken.

Yeah, I would really like to know where you get groceries, because my bill is like 100 bucks.. but anyway.. the thing with Chanel... I buy the makeup because I can't afford the purse. Pulling out that CC label in front of strangers, then applying, making sure the CCs are in plain view.. it's just a thrilling feeling. Almost makes me feel like a Hilton.

i can't get into Chanel. my wallet couldn't handle it. so i just don't even look. lol. if i ever get a job with mac, then maybe because of their discount!

Originally Posted by Scarlette Yeah, I would really like to know where you get groceries, because my bill is like 100 bucks.. but anyway.. the thing with Chanel... I buy the makeup because I can't afford the purse. Pulling out that CC label in front of strangers, then applying, making sure the CCs are in plain view.. it's just a thrilling feeling. Almost makes me feel like a Hilton. lol! good idea. maybe i should get 1 nuetral chanel lip gloss. lol!

I agree with Trisha, there's definitely no competition going on with Chanel and MAC...completely different. Chanel's lip products are the best in texture and they do have really nice and wearable colors. IMO it's worth the price because I haven't found any glosses or lipsticks that even come close in quality.

Oh, I love Chanel glossimers!!! So right...no comparison to MAC's. They are probably my very fav!
tongue.gif

I have to say i do lOve Chanel's glossimer's over macs glosses.The texture i think is better and more wearable and they have awesome colors.I dont thin kmac is on the same level as chanel and thats why it is more expensive.I havent gotten myself one in a while ,i think im do,lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Girls... you're tempting me!

I've never tried Chanel glosses but you guys are giving such good reviews that i might have to check them out some time soon!!!

Originally Posted by Bhav Girls... you're tempting me!I've never tried Chanel glosses but you guys are giving such good reviews that i might have to check them out some time soon!!!

Go for it,at least once,i am certain you will love them
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Bhav Girls... you're tempting me!I've never tried Chanel glosses but you guys are giving such good reviews that i might have to check them out some time soon!!!

I´ve been tempted too for a long while. the only high end lipgloss I have is Dior Addict (my mum got it for me) and it´s my fave gloss b/c the texture is smooth and silky (not sticky and sometimes grainy like MAC-although i love their colors!!), the smell is nice (I hate MAC´s smell) and the shimmer is great too.
maybe I´ll get my mum to buy me one *hehe* seems ridiculous to me to spend that much on a lipgloss.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Go for it,at least once,i am certain you will love them
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Naughty naughty, encouraging me to buy
wink.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'll look (and probably buy) soon!

Originally Posted by Arielle I´ve been tempted too for a long while. the only high end lipgloss I have is Dior Addict (my mum got it for me) and it´s my fave gloss b/c the texture is smooth and silky (not sticky and sometimes grainy like MAC-although i love their colors!!), the smell is nice (I hate MAC´s smell) and the shimmer is great too.
maybe I´ll get my mum to buy me one *hehe* seems ridiculous to me to spend that much on a lipgloss.

Now, that's a good idea - getting your mum to get it for you!
I have the Dior Addict and agree that the smell is nicer (the MAC vanilla can get a bit too much sometimes), and the texture is lovely too!

Girls, I do not think you'll be disappointed with a glossimer!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
They are the best.:icon_love

are they scented because every french brand seems to put fragrance in their stuff, like dior's GROSS-smelling stuf?

i love the colors. i just can't afford them, either
frown.gif

Hi suzukigrrl, i know what you mean. $25 is a lot for a lipgloss. Have yuou thought about checking out ebay for the Chanel Lipgloss's you like. Ebay has tons of great brands and are considerably cheaper. I hope you manage to find a great bargain on ebay and mabe even get 2 lipglosses for the price of one!

Originally Posted by Jennifer are they scented because every french brand seems to put fragrance in their stuff, like dior's GROSS-smelling stuf?
i love the colors. i just can't afford them, either
frown.gif

yeah, i hate the smell of the diorshow mascara

They really don't seem to have a scent to me but someone else might say otherwise. I normally like the scents/smells of all makeup.

Originally Posted by Liz yeah, i hate the smell of the diorshow mascara even the MASCARA smells? how weird-don´t think any of my cheap mascaras have a noticeable smell to it

Latest posts

Back