Oil Cleansing Method

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont know if there is any specific way to do it. i just mix whatever oils ive got at the moment (jojoba, olive, almond, greapeseed, etc), rub the mix on my face and eyes, wait however long i can usually 10-20 minutes and then wash it off with warm water usuing a cotton ball. it did make a possitive difference on my skin.

it's so good to see all of you doing the OCM!

i personally love it, it's done wonders for my skin. i use jojoba oil and castor oil 50/50. the castor is good for cleansing but is too heavy to use on it's own. plus it's great for my eyebrows and lashes.

it's cleared up my skin and helped any fine lines i have!

I went to GNC and bought Almond and Jojoba oil, but haven't tried it yet. Where does the steaming come in again? After you put the oil on and before you wash it off, right? I'm not sure where to find Castor oil. But..I thought it would work without it.

Is there much difference between using jojoba vs almond oil when mixing with castor oil? I bought both and have been using the almond, but wasn't sure exactly. I tend to have dry skin, well not as much lately at all, but many smile lines around my eyes for being only 27
frown.gif
So not sure which is best for fine lines?

Originally Posted by mach1grrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Is there much difference between using jojoba vs almond oil when mixing with castor oil? I bought both and have been using the almond, but wasn't sure exactly. I tend to have dry skin, well not as much lately at all, but many smile lines around my eyes for being only 27
frown.gif
So not sure which is best for fine lines? jojoba kinda irritated my eyes so i would recommend almond. i use grapeseed instead of a moisturiser around my eyes and really like it. ive read its particularly suitable for this area beacuse its less greasy then most other oils and its also a very potent antioxidant.

Originally Posted by kaville /img/forum/go_quote.gif I went to GNC and bought Almond and Jojoba oil, but haven't tried it yet. Where does the steaming come in again? After you put the oil on and before you wash it off, right? I'm not sure where to find Castor oil. But..I thought it would work without it. Yeah, you steam after you've rubbed the oil into your face and before you rinse it off! It will work better if you use the castor oil because the castor oil is thicker and cleanses better and the almond and jojoba are for moisturizing not cleansing! This might sound weird but castor oil is in the laxative section at Wal-Mart or any drugstore because that's basically what it's used for!

Thanks guy, I may try and find the grapeseed oil but at first glance all I found was almond and jojoba. I have onlu been doing the OCM for a few days now, and I mixed the 2 together and applied to my face then just put a hot washcloth over my face and wiped off the oil. Is this correct?

Originally Posted by mach1grrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks guy, I may try and find the grapeseed oil but at first glance all I found was almond and jojoba. I have onlu been doing the OCM for a few days now, and I mixed the 2 together and applied to my face then just put a hot washcloth over my face and wiped off the oil. Is this correct? i dont use a washcloth. just rub the oils and rinse after 20 minutes and its working just fine. many people are saying that u have to use castor oil but i dont understand why because as far as i understand the science behind the whole method is that oils dissolve oils. do some oils have better dissolving properties then others? if somebody knows pleace explain.

alright... in addition to vaseline, I'm gonna look for jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, and castor oil on my next run to the store

Thanks everyone!!!

Originally Posted by AprilRayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif This might sound weird but castor oil is in the laxative section at Wal-Mart or any drugstore because that's basically what it's used for! lmao!!!

i think that whichever oils work best for you is fine. olive oil never worked well for me (my skin never absorbed it) but some swear by it. i like my mix of castor and jojoba simply because it works for me. if you find something what workd for you that's great!

some people add essential oils to the mix as well (lavender, tee tree, etc)

I tried OCM last night w/ 50/50 mix of Castor Oil and EVOO and my skin felt really soft this morning. I think the olive oil is a bit heavy for me, so I will try this again with jojoba in place of that.
smile.gif

Okay..just for clarity, do you guys wash your face as normal with something else after removing makeup with oil? Or just leave it with the oil cleansing?

I've been using my dove bar for sensitive skin afterward and I love it! It leaves my skin so soft!!

Are people saying that you can add an essential oil -say lavender to the mix? Will this not irritate the skin??

MB

I have oily skin and this sounds interesting but, I've never heard of it. Can someone explain the process?? What do you mix?? How long do u keep it on? Where does steaming come in?? Thanks.

Originally Posted by mac-whore /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have oily skin and this sounds interesting but, I've never heard of it. Can someone explain the process?? What do you mix?? How long do u keep it on? Where does steaming come in?? Thanks. ditto, i wanna know too and where do u buy jojoba oil?

I dont wash my face with anything else after. The oil cleanses enough and its not as greasy as you probably think so its not at all a problem to wash off .

Mac whore: you can mix any of the following : Extra virgin olive oil , Almond oil , Grapeseed oil , Castor oil , Jojoba oil . The ratio is usually 50/50 but people with oilier skin add more castor oil and people wiith dry skin add more of the "hydrating" oils. Basically all you do is rub it into your face like a regular cleanser. Steam your face to open up the pores so all the dirt seeps out . And then you just rinse it off with or without the help of a wash cloth depending on what you prefer.

Back