Oil Cleansing Method

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by CzarnyElf /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got my castor oil at vitamine cottage store-U can replace castor oil with other oils(grapeseed oil,sesame oil for example).I use castor because I read that is good for deep cleansing and also good conditioner for eyelashes.I add rose hip seed oil for the smell but also for moisture(is good for dry,sensitive skin)
Now I use:

castor oil- 30%

Olive oil light-70%

and couple drops od rose hip seed oil

yeah, I just read tips and she/he suggested using castor oil to strengthen the lashes. That's very clever of you to think of using castor oil as a 2-in-1 product
laughing.gif
anyway, I'm still confused about which kind of castor oil i should use 'cause I think there are the pure castor oil, the cold pressed ones,...do you know the differences b/w these kinds by any chance?

pure. take always pure oils (i read somewhere in order to be pure an oil has to be cold pressed as it means the oil comes from the fruit or seeds and didn't have any chemical treatment or refinement). i bought a castor oil bottle and stupid me didn't notice until it was too late there was also alcohol in it (yet it was an organic brand arg !). as a result, i get puffy eyelids if it gets near my eyes.

almond oil is definitely great especially if your skin is a bit sensitive. i use it with warm water on a cotton pad to take off all my makeup. i find it a bit too much for my oilier areas so i rinse it off with my water makeup remover from Uriage, but any floral water will do.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif pure. take always pure oils (i read somewhere in order to be pure an oil has to be cold pressed as it means the oil comes from the fruit or seeds and didn't have any chemical treatment or refinement). i bought a castor oil bottle and stupid me didn't notice until it was too late there was also alcohol in it (yet it was an organic brand arg !). as a result, i get puffy eyelids if it gets near my eyes.
almond oil is definitely great especially if your skin is a bit sensitive. i use it with warm water on a cotton pad to take off all my makeup. i find it a bit too much for my oilier areas so i rinse it off with my water makeup remover from Uriage, but any floral water will do.

thank you for the info, so i guess cold pressed and pure are the same thing. I don't know if my skin is sensitive or not 'cause I never have any bad reaction to any products, ever, such as redness, rashes,...but it's definitely oily. I think I might as well try the castor oil because the others such as almond oil are only available via the internet, i think.

Originally Posted by lienny /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think I might as well try the castor oil because the others such as almond oil are only available via the internet, i think. Castor Oil is available in any grocery store in the laxative section (yes, weird I know) and you should be able to find almond oil in a Natural Food store or even just a natural food section of your grocery store (if it's big enough). I found grapeseed and almond oil at a GNC (General Nutrition Center). There are alot of those around. hth
sheep.gif

do you know if we can use olive oil alone by itself? Because I'm still confused why we have to mix at least 2 together to do OCM (olive+castor,...)

Castor Oil, imo, is the primary oil for actual cleansing and removing dirt, grime, makeup, etc. The other oils do that also, but not as well as Castor oil. Olive, almond, etc. are more for moisturizing than castor. That's why most people mix them. You can try it without it, but if you find it doesn't seem to be working well, then I'd add some castor oil. hth

Originally Posted by Kathy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Castor Oil, imo, is the primary oil for actual cleansing and removing dirt, grime, makeup, etc. The other oils do that also, but not as well as Castor oil. Olive, almond, etc. are more for moisturizing than castor. That's why most people mix them. You can try it without it, but if you find it doesn't seem to be working well, then I'd add some castor oil. hth thanks, this helps a lot!

fab! I'll have to venture out tomorrow and get some Cator Oil - our local store only had Mineral oil and after some searching online have found this is NOT the same as Castor Oil - so hopefully I can find some!

Straight extra virgin olive oil works fine for cleansing, especially if your skin is sensitive.

I've got really dry skin, so I don't use castor oil. But equal parts of olive, almond, jojoba, and sunflower oils. It works fine but if I just have olive oil, I just use olive oil.

I am absolutely curious and expectant with this OCM thread!!! I have combo/sensitive skin, to the point I only tolerate water makeup removers...should I be trying this?

What mix would you recommend?

(GOOD THREAD!!!) ***

i always use johnsons baby lotion or johnsons baby oil to get rid of makeup...if is good for babies skin....good enough for me!

I received some samples from DHC and the deep cleaning oil is amazing! contains olive oil and it takes all my make-up off and my skin feels so soft!

QUESTION:

I mix the oils all at once and store it in a big bottle, then I pour a small amount into a smaller container and use the mixed oil from it everyday. When my smaller container runs out of oil, I just go back and refill it with the oil from the big container. Has anyone done it and is it a good idea because I don't know if leaving the mixed oil too long will cause any problem.

So I just bought my castor oil, sweet (olive) oil, and tea tree oil at the DS today! Can't wait to try my little mixture tonight
wink.gif
I also have coconut oil at home so I'll see about including that too...

I found this great site with tons of oils and other natural skincare ingredients that you can mix up yourself--Vegetable Oils, Carrier Oils and Fixed Oils - FNWL They even list the types of skin problems each ingredient is good for... I definitely spent an hour looking through everything today planning an amazing facial scrub I want to make lol

Originally Posted by cassie4mark /img/forum/go_quote.gif So I just bought my castor oil, sweet (olive) oil, and tea tree oil at the DS today! Can't wait to try my little mixture tonight
wink.gif
I also have coconut oil at home so I'll see about including that too... ICK. ECK. Tea Tree Oil seriously makes me nauseated. Seriously, that stuff STINKS. And I paid $11 for that stuff and I don't think I'll be able to use it but I really need it for its disinfectant qualities since I have acne issues... I'm not even normally sensitive to smells at all, but this is awful.
I have a pimple on my shoulder so I applied it there... if it helps it I guess I will try to find some way to include this stuff in my cleanser, but if it doesn't then never using it again...

I never, ever thought I would ever use oil on my face, but now I am finding that I love the oil cleansing method! Is anyone else using this? I've seen videos and reviews for months, but was so hesitant to try it, but I did go ahead and order a balancing blend that is for my skin type and I LOVE IT! I am so happy to say that after 1 full week I have not had any breakouts (I break out very easily) and my skin is radiant! I've never been able to say that before. I'm not sure what it is, but I think it's really evening out my skin tone. It's most noticable when I wake up in the morning, no splotchyness no red marks or puffy eyes. I've been using it at night, but I think I'm going to see if I can use it in the mornings too before I put on my makeup, depends on how fast I need to get ready. My skin is so soft that I haven't used moisturizer for the last two days either. And the brand I got is fragranced with tea tree oil and lavender so it smells heavenly and I think helps me to relax at night before bed.

I'd love to hear from anyone else that is using the OCM on their skin and what they think and how it's going after using it for months or more.

Thanks, Marti

I absolutely LOVE Dermatologica's Cleansing Oil. It works wonders and you don't need a lot. I use it before I use my regular cleanser. For taking off makeup it is GREAT. If you don't wear makeup everyday I don't suggest using it everyday. I am not a wear makeup to work person and so I only use the stuff 2-3 times a week. But you can use it as often as you want.

I like this idea. I've been using jojoba oil as my body moisturizer with great results, so I would like to try out the OCM. *Runs off to do more research* Although I do love my makeup and nail polish it's nice to incorporate natural products, cheaper too, haha.

Back