Oil Cleansing Method

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been doing the OCM for about 2 days now, and I can tell a big difference. Usually I have to use an oil blotting paper every hour while I'm at work. I just get really oily. I only had to use it about 5 times in a 9 hour work day. Not bad. I think it is majorly improving. I also noticed that my skin feels softer and less tight. I have really oily skin and I thought oil on oil would be bad but it's actually helping. I'm so glad I decided to try this. Oh I am usuing extra virgin oil and castor oil. I might go to the almond oil soon but I'm trying this out for now. Thanks guys for chatting up a storm about the OCM, it's really looking like it's going to improve my skin. Thanks again!

I am getting some Castor Oil tomorrow (I already have Olive Oil and Tea Tree Oil at home) and start trying this out.

Thanks to everybody for their explanations, I found this thread a bit late but now all my questions are answered already.

Originally Posted by theSANDRA /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use jojoba and grapeseed oil and my skin has changed a lot. It's so soft now and just glowy. I was so scared when I first started using oils and I was convinced I was going to have a huge breakout but to this day(I've been doing OCM since january) I haven't broken out due to the oils. i am a little confused here, can anybody tell me it is used as a makeup remover or cleaser? and steaming is a must step?
thanks a lot!

Hello all,

I am interested in trying OCM. I plan on buying castor oil. Can Vitamin E oil be mixed with the castor oil? IS Vitamin E oil considered moisturizing?

Originally Posted by yaomi /img/forum/go_quote.gif i am a little confused here, can anybody tell me it is used as a makeup remover or cleaser? and steaming is a must step?
thanks a lot!

It can be used as both a makeup remover and a cleanser. Steaming is not a must, but it does help clear the pores better, imo.

Quote:
Hello all,
I am interested in trying OCM. I plan on buying castor oil. Can Vitamin E oil be

mixed with the castor oil? IS Vitamin E oil considered moisturizing?

You can mix those together, but imo vitamin e oil is pretty heavy and so is castor oil. So...the 2 together will be really, really heavy. If you have dry skin it might be okay, but otherwise I'd suggest mixing the castor with grapeseed or almond oil. Vitamin E is a GREAT moisturizer, it's just thick.

Originally Posted by katrosier /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont wash my face with anything else after. The oil cleanses enough and its not as greasy as you probably think so its not at all a problem to wash off .
Mac whore: you can mix any of the following : Extra virgin olive oil , Almond oil , Grapeseed oil , Castor oil , Jojoba oil . The ratio is usually 50/50 but people with oilier skin add more castor oil and people wiith dry skin add more of the "hydrating" oils. Basically all you do is rub it into your face like a regular cleanser. Steam your face to open up the pores so all the dirt seeps out . And then you just rinse it off with or without the help of a wash cloth depending on what you prefer.

Thank you guys!
I have a bunch of oils in my cupboard that I use to make hair stuff and moisturizers. I never thought of a cleanser. I guess I'll hafta try.

Thanks again for a great thread
smile.gif

Originally Posted by kaville /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can mix those together, but imo vitamin e oil is pretty heavy and so is castor oil. So...the 2 together will be really, really heavy. If you have dry skin it might be okay, but otherwise I'd suggest mixing the castor with grapeseed or almond oil. Vitamin E is a GREAT moisturizer, it's just thick.

Is Olive oil a heavy or light oil? I have Vitamin E oil already and would like to use it if possible when trying this method. So I'm wondering which type of oil could be mixed with Vitamin E oil.

I AM LOVING THIS! Anyways, my last post on this thread was 2006. So a quick update. My oil cleansing method is now:

Coconut oil ( a must for me)

Castor oil

Olive oil

Rose leaf powder (after a couple of weeks its going to get infused with the oil and maybe I will get rose leaf oil? sweet!)

Lavender Essential oil

A few drops of rose hip seed oil

I think Almond oil..not exactly sure.

Hemp seed oil.

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I AM LOVING THIS! Anyways, my last post on this thread was 2006. So a quick update. My oil cleansing method is now:
Coconut oil ( a must for me)

Castor oil

Olive oil

Rose leaf powder (after a couple of weeks its going to get infused with the oil and maybe I will get rose leaf oil? sweet!)

Lavender Essential oil

A few drops of rose hip seed oil

I think Almond oil..not exactly sure.

Hemp seed oil.

When you mix the coconut oil with all the other oils.... does the coconut oil stay in the liquid form? or does the coconut oil revert to its solid form when then temperature is lower than 70F?

Originally Posted by lexelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif When you mix the coconut oil with all the other oils.... does the coconut oil stay in the liquid form? or does the coconut oil revert to its solid form when then temperature is lower than 70F? It stays in liquid form, ma'am. But if you mix it with an oil more prone to being solid (like shea butter) it will turn into a solid. it happened to my shea butter. but when mixed with other oils, it will be in a liquid state.

Gosh. I must be a simpleton.

Everybody is using all these special oils. I just use unrefined coconut oil + EVOO. Works just great for me. But then, maybe I don't know what I'm missing...

I really want to try this..I started doing the Dove beauty bar and Vaseline skin regimine like 2 weeks ago and could not be more pleased...maybe I will do the OCM at night to remove makeup and in the am use the Dove Beauty Bar...and I am sticking with the Vaseline for sure..I had fine lines (the ones on the forehead from making expressions) and ( I am only 23 but a tan ***horrible I know) and they are GONE!! Yippee

I finally started using this method and so far I really like it. I've been using castor oil and extra virgin olive oil (50-50) for the last 3 days now. It has been cleasening and has been leaving my face feeling softer. I still use my moisturizer afterwards since some parts of my face become drier than others adfter awhile.

I use mix of:

-olive oil light-90%

-castor oil-10%

-20 drops of rose hip seed oil

So far I love it,I am thinking about adding a little more castor oil(for better cleansing)I feel a little to much moisture-but my face look great-very soft and no breakouts so far
smile.gif

I have combination dry,very sensitive skin.

Hi all! I think I'm going to give this a try after reading so many good things about it. Do you think Castor oil + sweet almond oil would be a good mix for a combination skin? Is it too drying / oily?

Thanks for your help
smile.gif

Originally Posted by CzarnyElf /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use mix of:-olive oil light-90%

-castor oil-10%

-20 drops of rose hip seed oil

So far I love it,I am thinking about adding a little more castor oil(for better cleansing)I feel a little to much moisture-but my faced looked great-very soft and no breakouts so far
smile.gif

I have combination dry,very sensitive skin.

could you tell me where did you get your castor oil? you know anyway we can replace the castor oil with any other kind of oil?and did you add the rose hip seed oil just to make it smell better or is there another reason?

Originally Posted by lienny /img/forum/go_quote.gif could you tell me where did you get your castor oil? you know anyway we can replace the castor oil with any other kind of oil?and did you add the rose hip seed oil just to make it smell better or is there another reason?

I got my castor oil at vitamine cottage store-U can replace castor oil with other oils(grapeseed oil,sesame oil for example).I use castor because I read that is good for deep cleansing and also good conditioner for eyelashes.I add rose hip seed oil for the smell but also for moisture(is good for dry,sensitive skin)
Now I use:

castor oil- 30%

Olive oil light-70%

and couple drops od rose hip seed oil

Back