Orange Lip Trend

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks good. I have one I haven't worn in quite a while. Think I'll start using it again.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've not seen this trend. Anyone have a picture?
2010_03020009.jpg

From this FOTD.

I think it can look nice if applied properly.

For myself i wouldn't try it. I already have a hard time pulling off coral, and it would compete with my pink undertones.

Aprill it looks a million times better on you than in those pics above. You pulled it off too Sadie. Maybe I can find a shade that works for me.

I've always loved orangey reds, so I'm lovin all these new flat out oranges. I very fair, a red head (like a new penny) and have green eyes. I think orange looks better with warmer tones of skin though.

Yes its in!I have never worn one, so I decided to get since my collections are mostly pink nude based lippies.I got MAC Ravishing, the colour is nice, but I find its bit sheerish on my pigmented lips.So I opted for MAC So Chaud 5 similar to Morange°, still Im not sure how it shud be worn.Check out the pic with my sista, Im wearing MAC So Chaud & MAC Ravishing in single pic

I've never worn a straight orange color and not sure how it would look on me. I like coral colors.

LOVE IT! It seems that all the "out there" shades marketed by Mac are cool toned, i.e. Lavender Whip, Blooming Lovely, Intricate, Petals and Peacocks, Lady Gaga, Show Orchid, Riveting.

I am so glad to see an "out there" trend that is favourable to warm toned gals!

And p.s. I tried the lipglass "Ember Glow" from the Spring Forcast collection, and it didn't show up as splotchy on me as it did on Temptalia. I really look forward to wearing it!

Sexy Sadie, orange seems to be your color! Keep rocking it!

Hi,

An option for a wearbale orange lip would be to try Covergirl's new line of glosses called ShineBlast in Fire (see pic below). It has a nice golden shimmer added to it to really make the orange "glow" on your lips.

You can also read here @ Beaut.ie How To: Do Orange Lips at Beaut.ie – The Irish Beauty Blog Cosmetics, Makeup, Skincare, Reviews, News and Previews on cool ways to wear the orange lip.

MUT Ladies: Cool and inspiring lips! Im lovin it!
wink.gif

Chelle

CG-ShineBlast-Lip-Gloss.jpg
Fifth from the left, ShineBlast in Fire

i wear orange lips all the time!! just make sure the eye is either neutral or black smoky eye. i find that works BEST for ME. but i havent tried an orange lip with a blue eye though. maybe i should!! =]

I have an orange lip gloss which I love.... Not tried any orange lipsticks as Im not sure if they would suit me...

heres my orange lip & blush look
smile.gif

NYX_LOVE blush

Sephora_BUrnt Orange liner

Sparkle orange gloss _Brand unknown

orangemakeup434.jpg

orangemakeup428.jpg

orangemakeup430.jpg

I am curious about this too... makeupgeek.com just did an article on orange lips and a tutorial too! Convinced me to go take a look for a nice orange color! 

I think that a straight orange lipcolor is hard to pull off,while orange based lips would be easier...I can't see me wearing straight orange on my lips unless I want attention,lol...

Back