Orange Lip Trend

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love oranges.  I love to rock MAC's So Chaud Lipstick with the Ornamental Lipglass

Originally Posted by MakeupByMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heres my orange lip & blush look
smile.gif

NYX_LOVE blush

Sephora_BUrnt Orange liner

Sparkle orange gloss _Brand unknown

orangemakeup434.jpg

orangemakeup428.jpg

orangemakeup430.jpg
You have gorgeous facial features.  You are simply rocking that orange look.
claps.gif

I was SOOOOOO close to buying MAC So Chaud, but I want Lady Danger first! I heard it's a tad redder than So Chaud.

For those who want to ease into the orange lip, Revlon has a new one out called Siren, and it's the softest orange lipstick I own. Doesn't get out of hand quickly at all.

I love orange and orange reds and corals... somehow they look better on me than pinks. I think i'm pretty warmed toned..so i guess i'm better off with oranged based lip colors

here is one of my past fotd wearing MAC morange together with MAC's tomorrow's coral lipstain as a base

I'm the same way, i have yellow undertones so corals and orange-y shades look good.  So do tawny colors if they aren't too dark.  I think the morange is really pretty, i will have to take a closer look at mac next time.   The only problem with oranges are that they can make your teeth look yellow.  I think the whitening mouth rinses work really well so it's not a problem and a cheap fix.

I am an NW45.  I am dark skinned African American, who has red undertones.  I could never find a nice coral to coordinate with my reddish undertone.  Any suggestions.?  I've tried Impassionate and Entice by MAC.

maybe try Vegas Volt, it's more coral than orange and pretty vibrant.

Originally Posted by L281173 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am an NW45.  I am dark skinned African American, who has red undertones.  I could never find a nice coral to coordinate with my reddish undertone.  Any suggestions.?  I've tried Impassionate and Entice by MAC.

I agree. Try a lighter coral/peach lippie. I'm closer to NC 50 so my undertones are different and I don't wanna suggest and it look horrible on you.

hmmm now it keeps me thinking I shld get an orange lipstick, coral colours suits me so guess orange wld too...but need to know which kind of orange. 

I have a feeling it would make me look washed out, but I can always try a darker shade of orange and see if it looks good.

i am in LOVE with this trend!

i have platinum/white blonde hair, brown eyes and light skin with an olive/yellow undertone. i've always tried to find a true orange lipstick because oranges with red tones in them never look right on me. i finally found two wonderful, richly pigmented true oranges. my favorite is Lime Crime's My Beautiful Rocket because it starts off on the sheerer side, and is easy to build on without getting cakey and the color payoff is perfect (they also have a light orange, think creamsicle... SO pretty!!). it is opaque and is part lip stain so you don't have to worry about reapplying every hour! (it also doesn't hurt that it smells like cupcake frosting, is 100% vegan and is never tested on animals!). the second is by Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense #40 (satin bright orange) (sold at Sephora) where I also found a fantastic orange gel lip liner (#17C, bright orange) which is perfect with use for both my true orange lipsticks. MUFE also makes a funky-cool orange pressed powder which can be used as either an eyeshadow or blush (yes, i bought that, too!). just don't wear both at once, you don't want to look like a clown, literally! but i am all about fun, funky make-up, especially mixing the neons and pastels of this spring and summer season. i know i will absolutely have fun playing with the orange trend as well! don't be worried about it washing you out, just find the right pink blush to go with it, don't forget to use a good cheekbone highlighter around your face and don't forget to EXFOLIATE those lips, as bright colors have a tendency to settle in any lines and show any dryness very unforgivingly! another quick tip for extra-creamy application- stick your lipstick in your refrigerator an hour before you are going to use it, so as your are getting ready and do everything else since lipstick goes on last. because it will be a bit firmer, it will be much easier to work with, and give you a smoother consistency whether straight from the tube, or with a brush.

hope all this info helps on your quest for color this spring and summer!! <3

Back