Pacifica + Ipsy May 2013 - Deals, codes, and hauls!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a birthday code yesterday (one day after I placed my 3rd order by the way) and my birthday is in March, so they must be doing something wrong there...

Finally got my order today! 
biggrin.gif
 Already in love with all my Malibu Lemon Blossom stuff & the French Lilac butter... I foresee a second order in my immediate future!

20130606_190847.jpg

Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif
 Already in love with all my Malibu Lemon Blossom stuff & the French Lilac butter... I foresee a second order in my immediate future!

20130606_190847.jpg
Nice!!! I also received my (3rd!!) order from Pacifica two days ago, but instead of the Malibu lemon blossom perfume sample I requested, they included the French lilac sample (which I wouldn't mind at all since I love this perfume, but I really wanted to try the Malibu lemon blossom one after all the raving here). Does it smell exactly like lemons, or is it actually a floral scent? I really don't like lemon-citrusy perfumes, but if it is a floral scent with a salty summer breeze (like the description on the website) and just a hint of lemon it sounds like something I would love!

Originally Posted by Eva Papoutsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice!!! I also received my (3rd!!) order from Pacifica two days ago, but instead of the Malibu lemon blossom perfume sample I requested, they included the French lilac sample (which I wouldn't mind at all since I love this perfume, but I really wanted to try the Malibu lemon blossom one after all the raving here). Does it smell exactly like lemons, or is it actually a floral scent? I really don't like lemon-citrusy perfumes, but if it is a floral scent with a salty summer breeze (like the description on the website) and just a hint of lemon it sounds like something I would love!
No, it doesn't smell exactly like lemons, I would say their description is pretty spot on. It's def a florally, summery smell. I love it!

Got my second order today! I'd say it's pretty even - floral and lemon. Strong florals are not my usual thing but I really liked this and I think it's because of the mix. It seems very fresh and summery. Refreshing is the word.

Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's also an Ulta code for 20% off one item "RETAILMENOT20" that takes another 20% off the highest priced item in your cart. It knocks the cost of a "Take Me There" set down to $11 and some change :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
I really need to take my lazy self to Ulta tomorrow to see of they have the Malibu Lemon Blossom rollerball. I have 100 bonus points expiring in 2 days that I don't want to waste on shipping charges. There is also a Stila palette I'm hoping to find in store. 

Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif

20130606_190847.jpg
Wow lots of goodies!

I don't know what is going on with Pacifica but my order is taking FOREVER to get here. I ordered on the 28th and recieved shipping notice on the 29th. This is where is gets weird, tracking said it left Oregon and had an expected delivery date for the 1st. Well the 1st came and went so I called them, Rebecca told me that my package was going ground shipping so it would take longer. She also said that my tracking email wouldn't update because of that. So anyway, I checked my tracking and it shows the package going from Oregon then to Washington and then to another area of Washington. Also, the expected delivery date was the 6th. Still no package! No updates either. The silliest thing is, this is the smallest order I have made and it's taking the longest to get here. I'm getting slightly impatient.

I am a sad, sad girl.  My order came in last week...wasn't thinking and left it in my car after lunch.  Went back out after work and all of my tins of perfume samples were melted and slightly leaky.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  They're sitting in my bathroom right now, unopened, because I'm pretty sure they're a mess.  At least I got to smell them before they went ka-put, right?

Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am a sad, sad girl.  My order came in last week...wasn't thinking and left it in my car after lunch.  Went back out after work and all of my tins of perfume samples were melted and slightly leaky.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  They're sitting in my bathroom right now, unopened, because I'm pretty sure they're a mess.  At least I got to smell them before they went ka-put, right?
Same thing happened to me with the ones I was most excited to try (Lemon and the Waikiki one) because I put them in my makeup bag so I would be able to use them whenever.. Accidentally left the bag in the car overnight, they turned into liquid (AND 3 of my NYX matte lipsticks melted). They resettled and are now solid again, but don't smell the same. Another excuse for an upcoming order lol 

Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried putting it in the fridge? 

Originally Posted by l0ser_dust /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same thing happened to me with the ones I was most excited to try (Lemon and the Waikiki one) because I put them in my makeup bag so I would be able to use them whenever.. Accidentally left the bag in the car overnight, they turned into liquid (AND 3 of my NYX matte lipsticks melted). They resettled and are now solid again, but don't smell the same. Another excuse for an upcoming order lol 
Ugh...stupid heat...haha.  And I agree about buying more!  I'll be near a Target tomorrow (yay! only have to drive TWO hours to get there), so I'm going to check to see if they carry any Pacifica at all.

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried putting it in the fridge? 
I haven't yet, but that's a pretty good idea.  They might have already set up by now, but if they're still too soft...I'll throw them in there.

My packages are taking forever to come as well. For some reason, one sat in Portland for four days before being sent to Federal Way, and the other one is still hanging out in Portland (when it had arrived on Monday!). The first was scheduled for delivery on June 1st, then the estimate changed to June 5th and still nothing. I was wondering if Pacifica was aware that they were paying for priority shipping when our packages were taking the ground route, but I guess they are.

I don't know if this is the right place to put it, but the Solar Palettes are up! http://www.pacificaperfume.com/eyes/solar-palette

From the website:

The Solar Complete Mineral Palette is a full mineral palette with all you need to look naturally gorgeous. Complete Natural mineral palette with coconut water infused eye shadows, pressed mineral cheek powders, and coconut oil lip butters. Be natural by day and smokin' hot by night. Apply with a brush or finger tips.

Eye shades: Driftwood, Opal, Coral Sand, Mermaid, Golden Ray, and Treasure.

Cheek shades: Bronzed, Coral.

Lip Butter shades: Shell, Lava, and Beach Kiss.

$32.00

I need that palette.  I may just put it on my birthday wish list! 
wub.gif

Also, I got the Alight BB Cream sample in my last order - and it is NOT a good BB cream on its own (for me, anyway).  The shade they sent me, which is also apparently the only shade they make, is too dark for my skin.  It's also shimmery.  And I have enough trouble with shiny summer skin!  However, I have found a good use for it!  

My "winter skin" makeup is the Missha BB Cream in #21 (SUPER-pale!).  I don't tan much, but I do get a little bit of color in the summer, and now my makeup is too light.  So I mix about 80% Missha with 20% Alight, and it's the perfect shade for me.  With the small percentage of Alight, the sparkle doesn't show, and now I don't have to buy an entirely different shade.

I'm not sure if this will help anyone, but I just thought I'd share!  
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by LindaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know if this is the right place to put it, but the Solar Palettes are up! http://www.pacificaperfume.com/eyes/solar-palette

From the website:

The Solar Complete Mineral Palette is a full mineral palette with all you need to look naturally gorgeous. Complete Natural mineral palette with coconut water infused eye shadows, pressed mineral cheek powders, and coconut oil lip butters. Be natural by day and smokin' hot by night. Apply with a brush or finger tips.

Eye shades: Driftwood, Opal, Coral Sand, Mermaid, Golden Ray, and Treasure.

Cheek shades: Bronzed, Coral.

Lip Butter shades: Shell, Lava, and Beach Kiss.
$32.00

I bought the Solar palette earlier this week thanks to your post. :) It's supposed to be here today. I'll let you guys know what I think.

Originally Posted by lyndieonline /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought the Solar palette earlier this week thanks to your post. :) It's supposed to be here today. I'll let you guys know what I think.
Ooo can't wait to hear what you think, I'm eager to get my hands on this palette!

I was just on Pacifica's FB page and saw that the Solar Palette (along w 4 other items) will be 30% off for a week starting July 1st! Someone please double check and tell me I'm not hallucinating! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just on Pacifica's FB page and saw that the Solar Palette (along w 4 other items) will be 30% off for a week starting July 1st! Someone please double check and tell me I'm not hallucinating!
wink.gif
You're not hallucinating!! I think I might be buying each of those five products that will be on sale, can't wait!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just on Pacifica's FB page and saw that the Solar Palette (along w 4 other items) will be 30% off for a week starting July 1st! Someone please double check and tell me I'm not hallucinating!
wink.gif
I was just coming here to see if anyone had posted about it! Now I'm REALLY hoping for Pacifica in the July Ipsy bag so we can get another code too. But I'm definitely planning on getting that palette for sure!

Back