Panty Fly discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The owners of Panty Fly own and operate over 30 different businesses, I can assure you that no one on Makeup Talk or any other forum has ever talked to or emailed any of the owner(s) of Panty Fly. Although it is cute that some think they have. That is the problem, some people feel that they can decide how Panty Fly runs it operations or decide what it should do, or how it should make money. Some even find the need to post our grammar errors. While in fact members like yourself have two choices, to subscribe or not to subscribe. Panty Fly is a business with over 20,000 members and it’s sole purpose, like any for profit business is to make money. If you are not happy with the way it is operated or the Grammar of the employees, then you have the right to not be a member. If you should have any additional question pertaining to your refund please contact your financial institution, as we have no further information on the status of your refund after we have completed it. Brian Hedderfeld Panty Fly Operations
It's not anything that bad, but I think it's really weird and unprofessional, and it honestly makes me uncomfortable. I emailed inquiring about my refund, and I basically got attacked, and the way I read it, they pretty much told me to not contact them about my refund again.

Originally Posted by bellatrix42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's not anything that bad, but I think it's really weird and unprofessional, and it honestly makes me uncomfortable. I emailed inquiring about my refund, and I basically got attacked, and the way I read it, they pretty much told me to not contact them about my refund again.
Their response feels highly unprofessional and condescending (not to you, but to the way they speak about their business, acting like they're "better").

Wow... that's crazy. Obviously Brian either doesn't know how Jason and Kim were on MUT posting about Panty Fly or how Jason contacted me on my personal Facebook wall OR he's lying. Wouldn't surprise me if he's lying since that's how Panty Fly seems to operate but that's just my personal opinion.

Definitely file a complaint with your state's attorney general's office and theirs as well as with the Federal Trade Commission.

Ick. I was very uncomfortable reading that. Like. I felt very big brother-ed by how much they KNOW about what we post despite the fact that they claim not to care. And someone is lying. Because you guys got emails and stuff from the "founder" jason.

I did email something related. Basically what happened was I after I asked about my refund, I was told that I should have already received it, I questioned if it has been sent, and I got three emails within a few minutes saying that my refund had been sent awhile ago and it was unfortunate that I would think that they wouldn't send it and that my sarcasm wasn't appreciated. That led to me being a little frustrated, so I responded and said that I did have a reason to think that it hasn't been sent, because I hadn't received an email notifying me that it had been processed as stated in the original email, and because they had been unprofessional in the past (posting on MuT and Facebook, I had to email to receive my last month at the end of the month because they forgot to send mine). Then they sent the above email. I'm done with my rant and I will file a dispute and a complaint. Lesson learned.

The owners of Panty Fly own and operate over 30 different businesses, I can assure you that no one on Makeup Talk or any other forum has ever talked to or emailed any of the owner(s) of Panty Fly. Although it is cute that some think they have. That is the problem, some people feel that they can decide how Panty Fly runs it operations or decide what it should do, or how it should make money. Some even find the need to post our grammar errors. While in fact members like yourself have two choices, to subscribe or not to subscribe. Panty Fly is a business with over 20,000 members and it’s sole purpose, like any for profit business is to make money. If you are not happy with the way it is operated or the Grammar of the employees, then you have the right to not be a member. If you should have any additional question pertaining to your refund please contact your financial institution, as we have no further information on the status of your refund after we have completed it.
Brian Hedderfeld

Panty Fly Operations
So here's my thoughts on that email Brian sent you.

1. I don't know how many owners there are other than Jason and Adam however if they have over 30 different businesses - currently - then how can they devote their time to ensuring Panty Fly is operating smoothly?
  2. Jason from Panty Fly, Kim (Jason's wife) and of course someone named "Jessica" (who may or may not be Kim, Jason but is indeed someone from their IP) did post on MUT. Jason did post from his personal FB account to my public page which he revealed his criminal past before promptly deleting that wall post.
  3. Panty Fly can make their own decisions on how to operate so long as how they're operating their business conform to US Federal and State laws. So far one co-founder and his wife have violated FTC regulations on disclaimers by creating the Kimmud2 account to pose as a customer when in fact she's the co-founder's wife.
  4. Over 20,000 subscribers? I'd love to see hard data on that! Their FB wall has less than 9,000 while their Twitter account has less than 11,000. These 20,000 followers are not reflective of their actual customer base!
  5. I do agree to contact your financial institution or Paypal (how ever you paid) and file a dispute. I also think that due to the many issues former customers have had that anyone with any complaint should file a complaint with your state Attorney General's office along with their ATG which if I recall correctly is Virginia.

They own 30 businesses?

And these are all legally registered?

Hard to see how they have the time to Twitter and post here and email people and yet run all these companies.

I also think that they are using some kind of tracking program that monitors web pages and searches the web for mentions of their company.

One of my friends who used to work for a government dept in computer information "something or other" was telling me about these programs and I was also reading how many companies use things like that thesedays.

I emailed May 25 about the fact that they owed me $10 and only refunded $5. She said she would process another refund and it never happened. I emailed a few days ago and asked for my remaining $5 to be refunded immediately. I was told that they processed it and once that was done there was nothing they could do about it. I'm LIVID. I want my refund so I can move on!!

Ladies, there is another panty subscription available. It's Unmentionably Cheeky. It's $8 for 3 pairs (use code SUMMER) + free shipping. I just subscribed, so I haven't received my order yet. I know of one other blogger who has subscribed and liked it, so it might be worth a try. 

Ladies, there is another panty subscription available. It's Unmentionably Cheeky. It's $8 for 3 pairs (use code SUMMER) + free shipping. I just subscribed, so I haven't received my order yet. I know of one other blogger who has subscribed and liked it, so it might be worth a try. 
I'm intrigued. Ill definitely be keeping an eye out for reviews!!

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the website is very nice though. it looks good.
i think their website is aesthetically pleasing but their fb sketches me out. they have all of two posts on there yet they have over 11k likes?

ohhh. yeah. that's a tad awkward...I don't know what to do!!! I really like the idea. but I'm scared of getting burned.

Buy a $20 visa gift card and use that? They don't have my size so I'm forced to pass but I'm torn on its sketchitude.

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ohhh. yeah. that's a tad awkward...I don't know what to do!!! I really like the idea. but I'm scared of getting burned.
I know what you mean. Honestly I'd say to protect yourself just look for things that unsettle you. For me, the fb is one of them. That's why I want to wait and see if any MUT members or bloggers on the internet review them, I think that's another good indicator of how good the service is. With new services like this we really don't have much to go off of so that's really all we can do. Also contacting the company with a few questions to see how they respond is also helpful.

Originally Posted by messylaughter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This Unmentionably cheeky has the same flair as Panty Fly......I would be a bit nervous......
I have a very bad gut feeling about them, which for me is enough to say no.  Also, I could easily see where pantyfly would want to re-brand under another guise (not saying this is them, they seem awfully similar).. Some person on a blog said they could not get a pantyfly sub because they were on a waiting list or something, so they were so excited to get a sub to UC.

http://panties.umcheeky.com/about-us/

Notice how on their about us page they only have first names? Also, as everyone has mentioned, their social media following seems dodgy as well.

There are plenty of flags about.

Back