Perfume: spray on clothes or skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The darker the perfume the more oils it has in it and they will stain your clothes. So only spray the perfume on the skin, where the sun doesn't touch the skin so you don't get discolourations (dark patches) on your neck or chest.

I try to spray my skin, except my neck which is super sensative. Never knew about the hair thing..have to try that.

yeah thats true but i was told by my hairdresser that it dries you hair out ,so i would not do that again , i usually spray it on my jacket & purse too

Both, unless I think I might be getting licked on the neck. I guess it doesn't taste as good as it smells!!!

Both! You should see me spray.. I put the bottle above my head and start misting like crazy while walking.. my boyfriend gets a kick out of it! lol

Apparently scents smell different on different skin, depending on the percentage of water/ pH / hormones/ sweat of your skin

I spray perfume onto my neck, cleavage, or hair and back of the knees becuase perfume rises.

I spray it on both arms (on the inside of where the elbow bends), my wrists and the back of my knees. They say by spraying it there, the scent lasts longer because of the oil in your skin in those areas.

I spary all of my pulse points wrists, neck chest, behind the knee and some times the part of my arm that bends and my stomach. I also spray my hair and clothes. I mostly use body sprays during the day so the scents dont last long........ Parfumes only when I go out I just spray pulse points not my clothes.

it depends on the perfume. if the fragrance is very light and fresh, i do both. if not, i only spray it on my skin. usually neck, sometimes wrists
smile.gif

I spray it on my skin. Sometimes, if I use a perfume that fades too fast, I also spray a little bit on my clothes, but not when wearing white, b/c it causes blotches.

Originally Posted by jdepp_84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif It depends I think, I spray it on my hair so it will last longer. I spray in my hair and a little in the air, then walk under it.

I usually just put in on my wrists and neck.. I haven't ever tried spraying it in my hair, but I might try that soon. If its a body spray I just spray it all over and walk into it.

I usually spritz it directly onto my upper torso, and if I'm using oil, then on my pulse points too. unless I'm wearing work clothes (scrubs), though, I don't spray it on my clothes.

Back