play! BY SEPHORA May 2016...possible spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really looking forward to this box! I can definitely see this helping me cut down on the money I spend at Sephora because it seems like they're going to be sending us relatively new products, so it'll help me try stuff out before jumping on the bandwagon and buying the stuff.

I hope they send out the Milk Makeup Eye Marker in one of their future boxes.

My box is here

20160518_174011.jpg

My box is here I love everything even more in person

20160518_174011.jpg
Yessss. I'm very hopeful about this subscription. If they maintain the quality level and product variety, I'll stick with them. I know I may be in the minority on this, but I love the tiny lip product samples as I lose interest in colors and finishes very quickly. 

I used a few of these yesterday:

* Bite lipstick is sooooo soft and smells amazing, pigment and staying power is great, but the color is oh so 80s. You know, 'let's disco!' kind :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

* Tarte lip crayon is super thin, kind of hard to handle. But color stayed so long. It's a nice, nude shade.

* There are no words for Korres. It smells amazing! I put it on before sleeping last night and I still smelled like wild roses when I woke up. It's not the oily-sticky kind of sleeping mask, I'll definitely get the full size. But if you or your significant other are allergic to fragrance or simply doesn't like rose scent, you should probably skip this mask.

* Brigeo hair mask was okay, nothing exquisite. But still it's a good size and it hydrates well.

I hope you all get your boxes soon. I can't wait to hear your thoughts and tips on how to use these best.

I got my box! I'm happy with it. I think this is going to be a really cool way to try a lot of Sephora brands. And I can't get over how cheap this is. 

Surprisingly, I'm not impressed with the May box at all.  The only item I'll definitely use is the hair mask, and I've already sampled it and bought the full size.  I also may use the Bite lipstick, but the color seems really bright.

The Tarte lip crayon is tiny and super fragile, and the rose face mask contains oils, which break my face out.  The Origins is ok but I'll probably never use it, and I don't like the scent of the perfume.

Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion about what they receive, but I am always surprised by the depth of negativity over at MSA.  I would be infinitely upset if I received a uninspired box for an expensive price (i.e.. CFDA PopSugar), but this is a $10 box and I fully expect not to love everything I receive ... but at a $10 price point (as opposed to $225), I feel that I can live with that.  Just my opinion :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion about what they receive, but I am always surprised by the depth of negativity over at MSA. I would be infinitely upset if I received a uninspired box for an expensive price (i.e.. CFDA PopSugar), but this is a $10 box and I fully expect not to love everything I receive ... but at a $10 price point (as opposed to $225), I feel that I can live with that. Just my opinion :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Agreed 110%, the outright hostility and negativity over a $10-$20 sub not 100% being to someone's liking makes me think the sub box game may not be for them. I try to avoid MSA, it seems to have become a dumping ground for negativity.

I liked my box/bag for the most part.  Some of the disappointment might relate to the fact that May was the first box for people who had been on the WL for months.  I think I signed up back in November. It was supposed to go national early this year but then they just opened new spots sporadically. Then in April it looked like they were letting brand new people join but leaving those who had been patiently waiting still stuck in WL purgatory. It may be misplaced resentment, like waiting an hour for a table at a restaurant even though you had reservations.  There was nothing wrong with the food but the drama left a sour taste in your mouth. 

Got my first box yesterday!

Bite Beauty like others mentioned was very creamy and nice, but not the best color for me. One of the things I got my mother for Mother's Day this year was one of these lipsticks, and she still uses it every day!

My Tarte lip pencil was broken upon arrival which was a little bit of a bummer

I used the Korres product last night as well as the Origins primer and Origins charcoal mask. I think that the charcoal mask dried out my skin even after putting the Korress on my skin overnight, so other combo skin types be careful!

Used the hair mask as well, wouldn't call this a hair mask more of a deep conditioner

Love the perfume so much! Trying to find a good deal for it full sized

Wish that the little satchel type bag was of better quality, or that they used a reusable box or spend that money on more samples

Happy about my first box too, if only I could get those 50 bonus Beauty Insider points somehow but I do not have a Sephora near me at all.

Overall, I really liked this box! The bite beauty lippie is a wild color, but I actually liked that it pushed me out of my nude/red comfort zone. I love the formula and I definitely want to pick up some more colors. The tarte lip liner was small, but it was so cute and I really liked it as well. I always like getting masks and I am in love with the rose smell of the Korres one! I liked the origins sample masks as well.

Back