Play! July 2016 spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read on reddit that someone emailed Sephora about the normal/oily boxes, and the CS rep said that that wouldn't be going into effect until the August box.

I read on reddit that someone emailed Sephora about the normal/oily boxes, and the CS rep said that that wouldn't be going into effect until the August box.
I saw that thread and thought it meant that if you wanted to change your profile, it wouldn't go into effect until next month.  The writer thought because July hadn't been shipped they could change it.  The rep told her no, sorry next month.

I saw that thread and thought it meant that if you wanted to change your profile, it wouldn't go into effect until next month.  The writer thought because July hadn't been shipped they could change it.  The rep told her no, sorry next month.
Here is the wording of the email from the CS rep:

The new system of the PLAY! boxes is not in effect until August and the July box should not be affected. Sometime this month emails will be sent out with a questionnaire to find each client's preference.

To me, that definitely makes it seem like there are no oily/dry skin boxes for July and that only one box will be sent out this month, and then the 2-box system will start in August.

ETA: Others are speculating that there will still be 2 July boxes but that they will not be sent out according to preferences, and that system won't start until August. I guess we'll see!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wanting to test drive one of the nest fragrances- yippee!
i have passiflora! i love it ! if you contact nest via email they are VERY generous with samples! i asked to try two specific fragrances and they sent me the entire line! and CS was wonderful!! 

Here is the spoiler from MSA to save you a click :) Thanks for the info @@cbs73!

sephora play july box spoilers.jpg

so I just checked my play products section and they loaded July's. I am getting

if they are doing oily/dry skin boxes, they did get mine correct - as I got the oily skin box.

Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer
beautyblender blotterazzi
Ouai Wave Spray
First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser With Red Clay
NEST Citrine
Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Foundation Primer Pore Minimizing

oh and I am pretty happy with this!  birchbox was so awful that I didn't even write up an unboxing!

Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer beautyblender blotterazzi Ouai Wave Spray First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser With Red Clay NEST Citrine Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Foundation Primer Pore Minimizing
Just received my box and it was this exact version.  I have normal/dry skin but I don't see an issue with any of these items.

so I just checked my play products section and they loaded July's. I am getting

if they are doing oily/dry skin boxes, they did get mine correct - as I got the oily skin box.

Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer

beautyblender blotterazzi

Ouai Wave Spray

First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser With Red Clay

NEST Citrine

Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Foundation Primer Pore Minimizing

oh and I am pretty happy with this!  birchbox was so awful that I didn't even write up an unboxing!

Getting the same items! I am excited for Ouai Wave Spray!

So, I came home to my Sephora Play box on my mailbox. This just makes me really angry and this is not the first time this has happened, ggrrrrr!
image.jpeg
omg - I am sorry, but I did laugh at the photo.   At least they rubberbanded it to stay on!  haha.  But they cannot walk it up to your door?

at least you got yours, mine is still on its way.

omg - I am sorry, but I did laugh at the photo. At least they rubberbanded it to stay on! haha. But they cannot walk it up to your door?

at least you got yours, mine is still on its way.
Yes, I guess it was too hot to get out of the vehicle and put in on the porch. This box doesn't fit in the mail box, last month it was on the porch, the month before they did the same as this picture. It is comical but by doing this they are only making it easy for someone to steal it.

I got mine today. I received the normal/dry box, which does correspond to my current profile settings. When I signed up, I recall picking the "normal" option as I have had a lot of bad experiences with Birchbox when I used "oily" as a profile setting. I do wonder if they will start utilizing shades/skin tones using this model. I'd be thrilled to actually get, well, anything usable for my extremely light skin tone.

This is my third play box, and I'm still very happy with the subscription. All of the samples are good sizes, the brands are quality, and the three boxes I've had did not feel like they were full of filler items. I never had a run of three good months in a row with Birchbox (over 36 women's boxes and 12 men's boxes). Even the items I'm not 100% enthralled with are actually decent stuff.

Just got my box in the mail, and since this is my first one, I was happy with it. I have the dry skin version, and got:

Benefit Hoola Liquid Matte Bronzer

Beauty Blender Blotterazi (w/ a sample of the liquid sponge cleanser)

First Aid Beauty Cleanser

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

Nest Citrine Fragrance

Ouai Wave Spray

I'm looking forward to trying all the items, although I'm not really sure why they sent a Blotting product to someone with dry skin lol. I'm not a fan of Smashbox primers, as they're too silicone based for my tastes. The cleanser is great, as FAB is a wonderful brand that I've worked with many times. I love texturizing sprays, so I'll probably love the Ouai product. The Nest fragrances have never been my cuppa, but the notes listed seem interesting, so I'll try it out. All in all, I'm pleased and I think it's a great value for what you get. I really hope the reviews don't come true for me, and they send me some of the same products over and over again, like I've heard. I can't wait to see what's in next month's box!

I got the normal/dry box as well, which is perfect for my super-dry skin.

I wasn't excited about another bronzer, especially after getting the one last month, since I very rarely bronze.  However, the Hoola is a great contour color for me so that was a pleasant surprise.  I'm not sure yet what to do with the Blotterazzi - I might throw it in my purse and see what develops :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I've never tried the Ouai spray but it's a huge sample!

Just a general comment on liquid bronzers - they are actually really useful as a one-shot eye shade. I can't use bronzers for their intended purpose (oompa loompa effect), but they are great to take on vacation for just a touch of eye color without the risk of an eye shadow palette being destroyed in a suitcase. 

I've been using the Bare Minerals one from last month this way since I just can't with summer heat + makeup. It's great!

Has anyone tried using the Blotterazi other than its intended purpose? I find the size and shape of the regular beauty blenders awkward, but I feel like this I could use for blending/application...

I tried the Ouai spray today and it made my hair sticky and crunchy :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I didn't expect this at all. Such a shame, I was looking forward to using it on my straight hair for some volume.

Back