Please help me look more feminine!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point! I didn't even notice the lashes! Went back and looked and yes, I have to agree. I seriously envy my Asian women friends. The majority have such beautiful skin and features, but many are spending money on plastic surgery to make them look more 'Western'. I think they are stunningly gorgeous, and they are! I always want to hide when they whip out their cameras for group photos. There's them, amazingly beautiful, and then there's me in the middle with my pasty face and strange nose ÅOL

I agree with the advice given above; maybe try some softer, prettier colors, work on your eyes and smile!  I love your hair; you are on the road to sucess.

Good luck!!

I have eyes like yours, so I know how hard it is to wear eyeliner :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If you want to look more natural, I would:

*go lighter on the highlighting and contouring (nose, eyes, cheeks, etc)--you have a nice bone structure to begin with!

*your eyeliner is a little too obvious for my taste. I actually think part of the problem is that the liner isn't opaque enough--it looks looks gray rather than dark black. Instead of using a pencil liner, I would actually recommend a gel liner. You can find them everywhere, even your local drugstore. I would recommend buying a separate liner brush, since the ones packaged with gel liners aren't that great--I'm using one from Target that works perfectly (it was like $3). That way, you can get better pigmentation with nice precision. I wouldn't line so heavily on the bottom, since that looks a little obvious--instead, smudge some dark shadow for a smokier, softer look.

-Follow the eyeliner with the natural shape of your eyes, so that it's just barely visible when you have your eyes open. Build it a little further up the further you go out, and extend it past where your eye ends. Using a small brush, smoke it out with a black eyeshadow. Not too much further above the eyeliner though.

*http://www.specktra.net/forum/thread/58941/make-eyes-longer-smoky-eyes is really helpful! It helps to wear falsies too. I would recommend ones with lashes that criss-cross, and have a thicker band. Use more natural-looking lashes to avoid looking drag. They're a bit tricky to apply at first, but practice makes perfect :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> if you want your eyes to look longer, extend the lashes further out than where your natural lashes end.

*Use warmer eyeshadow tones. The Urban Decay Naked palette has soft, warm/shimmery browns. Purple would also look nice. I wouldn't contour the eyeshadow to fake a crease--rather, follow your natural eye shape and smoke it out. Highlight the inner corners of your eyes with a nice shimmery peach/gold/pink; lightly line 2/3rds of your lower line with it, and use a dark shadow for the outer 3rd.

Hope that helps! Post more pictures :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow, thank you so much for each one of your advice! It's going to be so helpful to me and I really appreciate it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm going to follow each response and try it all eventually. When my makeup skills get to the next level in the future I hope I can return the favor~

btw, I don't have great skin at all as some of you mentioned before lol. I just use dermablend concealer and em foundation~

So last night I tried to follow all the advice in this board as much as possible but had limited time to get ready. I'll get to all in the future though. I tried the natural feminine look. At night I had no daylight to guide me :/ I used pink+purple+brown (or tanish?) eyeshadow. I'm having trouble with contouring, because if I blend too much it seems there's no contour...maybe I need to find a balance/improve skills? I didn't have an eyelash curler so I just put on a couple of falsies lol. I tried brown eyeliner on the bottom too.

I would love any any advice again^^. I end up looking close to how I look in boy mode lol. Does the crease (from white eyeliner) look wierd?  How can I improve the eyeliner/eyeshadow/ANYTHING!? Maybe it's easier to get good at a heavier natural look instead, and come back to the "natural look" when more skilled?

***Photos removed upon request of original poster by mod.

I think you're being too hard on yourself.  Your eyeliner application is definitely an improvement and the subtler eyeshadow gives you a much more feminine appearance.  If I didnt know before hand that you were male I would never have guessed it from this picture.  Very lovely look!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LMAO Yup! Makes me jealous!

That's what I said?
icon_eek.gif

I think you look beautiful... you did a great job with the upward wing! 

Use less white on the inner rim of your eyes and play up your cheeks with a bit more blush.  You're doing great!! Post more pics when you can.  Play with makeup all the time, its washable/removable!!

Originally Posted by jpnz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Much better eyeliner. As I mentioned before try some fake lashes and see if that helps. A tip that drag queens give out is that because you're really a man you have larger features than a woman so when you can wear larger pieces of jewelry (earrings, necklaces and rings) to help balance out your look. Larger eyelashes will help not only make your eyes look larger, which men tend to have smaller eyes than women, but also helps soften your look.

You have amazing cheekbones so don't be shy to make those babies pop with some color. Your lip color is fantastic but you might need to add a bit of gloss, just a hint, to keep it looking a bit on the dry side. Other than that you've pretty much got it.

I agree with what everyone else is saying to you. There is a guru Petrilude on youtube, he is amazing in drag and as a guy and he has lots of vids posted and gives great advice on makeup for everyone. Check him out! He even shows, other things specific to drag, at least explaining on how to tuck etc... 
7dh.gif
 you look amazing BTW and the eyeliner wing looks so much better in the newer pics!

You just look very pretty....I agree with the rest of the ladies with the eyeliner thing....you did a great job with that eyeliner...i guess sometimes i myself fail to do a good one...haha....practice alot gal and you will get there..Go for more subtle colours...when you are comfortable than go ahead and explore with the rest of the colours...Youtube is also a good place to learn lots abt makeup...cos I do spent quite abit of time checking out YT.  Take care and good luck.

I love the new photographs especially the winged eyeliner! I agree with the others that you don't need contouring, just maybe a pinker blush and lip gloss. I look forward to you posting more looks as you gain in confidence.

Hello, this first thing I notice in the first set of pictures is that your brow and eye shadow/liner colors look very grey and dull. Since you have a reddish brown tone to your hair you should use the same tone for your brows and liner. The light color directly over your upper lash liner is actually making your eyes look more recessed and the thick liner on the bottom is dragging the eye down. Don't try to do your eyes in a traditional Caucasian style. You need to see your eyes as they are and decide what you want to bring forward and what you want to recede.

Crease color needs to be directly where your lash line is when your eyes are open. Open your eyes and apply your dark color there with a sweeping shadow. I would suggest deep warm browns to match your hair and skin tone. 

In the later set of pictures I think that the winged liner looks good, but the light shade directly above it makes your eyes look recessed. I would use a bright pop of color on your apples and carry it out towards your ears. Not at an angle like a contour, but high on the cheekbones. You don't need to contour your face as it will make it longer looking and stronger. The cheek color will soften as will natural colors. I would also use a light color on your lips as they are a great shape. Color will soften your entire face and add that femininity.

Color suggestions:

Makeup Forever has a cream blush for HD that would be beautiful. their light pink and medium pink are good colors. 

MAC Brun eyeshadow and eyebrow pencils are nice.

NYX makes good eyebrow pencils that are very reasonable. 

MUD eyeshadow in Brownstone is lovely, but has a slight shimmer. 

You've received some great ideas, and they've made a very significant improvement.  I'll add that you're really pretty.  
smile.gif

Also, a minor suggestion:try brushing your hair/wig a bit more to add a little more fullness and soften the style just a little bit.

Carol
rockwoot.gif

I think your eye makeup is too much. The winged/cat eye effect doesnt compliment the shape of your eyes. Keep it simple, and try brighter colors. Or just do a natural look. Bigger lashes, try some lipgloss, blush, but dont over do it. Nothing major has to be done

Wow I like what you did after taking into consideration what the others said. You look prettier and definitely more feminine! Lashes always do the trick for a feminine look, but you have to be careful not to overdo it. If you'd like to have heavy lashes, such as using lash extensions or falsies, tone down on the other eye makeup like liner and shadow. Really, lashes are all that you really need for a girly look.

Also, just keep to a blush that isn't too heavy as well. Something translucent and brightens up the entire face when applied only to the cheekbones. You have beautifully high cheekbones, so you don't need to do shading there. Just highlight!

xoxo,

Roxanne

I think the ladies here have given you great advice, by taking their suggestions into consideration you are definitely on your way to looking more natural in girl form as opposed to a drag look.

Keep it up! You look great!

Back