POLL: How old were you when you bought your first house?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm just curious. DF and I are getting married in one week and we want to buy a house sometime next year. I'm just wondering how older everyone was when they bought their first house?

Thanks!
smile.gif

I was 26yrs. old, single, and had tired of renting apartments for five years. It was the best thing I ever did.

The first house I bought with my grandmother, I was 25 I believe. I was 31 when I bought my second house with my husband.

I bought my first at 39. Almost 40. It was a big step for me because I always had a "thing" about taking on a 30 yr. debt! It completely freaked me out!

Ill be 24 on 11 October and I'll be renting for the sort of first sort of second time-dont ask! and I plan on buying something by age 30. I'm not buying anything untill I'm ops manager in NY-renting keeps you mobile! And I'd like to be makeing that income before I buy.

Originally Posted by kaville /img/forum/go_quote.gif I bought my first at 39. Almost 40. It was a big step for me because I always had a "thing" about taking on a 30 yr. debt! It completely freaked me out! That is what freaks me out too. I already have student loans for the next few years and adding more to it makes me ill.

I bought mine when I was 25 but didn't take possession until this year b/c we chose a long closing date and the house was just finished being built two weeks before we moved in in mid-August.

My husband and I bought our first house when we were 23. We lived there for 18 years, then built the house we live in now. That was 7 years ago.

it will be FOREVER before we buy one... and i work in the Building Industry!!!

grrr...

in my town, a 850 sqft condo with two bedrooms & a carport will run you $500k woohoo!!!

We got married when we were 20, we lived in 3 apartments and bought our house when we were 23. We have been living in it for 12 years and we love it here. The neighors are great.

I was 27 when I bought my house.....I had just gotten a divorce and was scared to death!! But it was the best thing I could have ever done....it has been 5 years and I love every minute here!

Latest posts

Back