POLL: How old were you when you bought your first house?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hubby and I bought our first house (a Town House) together when I was 22. We stayed there for 2 years and then bought the house we live in now.

I am from the same area as Jen, and buying a house in nearly impossible. I a house in the Ghetto will run you almost a million!!

But I have moved away with my BF. He is 25 and bought this 2 yrs. ago. It's a change living in your own home versus renting. When our water pipe broke I asked my BF...Who do we call? He said.." Here's the water main Babe" I have learned a lot!!

We were 21 and 22 when we bought our first home. Just paid it off in two years!! Now we are going to wait about 5 years and save up to build a house!!

I bought my first house when I was in my early twenties(I'm 40 now) when I was single. I just about killed myself to buy it. I knew early on that I was going to buy real estate since my parents never even bought a house. We rented our whole life.
frown.gif

Prices here in Southern Cal were much more favorable for buyers than now. But, I can tell you one thing, buying a house(at least here in SoCal) is a fine investment...no matter when you buy it.. If I wouldn't have bought my first house, we would never live where we do now, we are lucky and blessed. We now have our third house. Luckily, I'm a guy who can do just about any repair. I put in our entire new kitchen on my own.

Remember, the time to start thinking about buying property is NOW and not later.

We bought our condo when I was 27. In a few years we'll probably upgrade to a small house but we're really happy here now.

I was 18. Depending on where you live, now or soon is a good time to buy with all the foreclosures.

23 years old. We both had to work lots of overtime to get that down payment...but it was worth it!

Iwas 21 when I bourght my first house but sold it a couple of years later big mistake best thing you can do is buy property.

I was 24. I had a friend who was living in it at the time and I had always wanted it. When he moved up north to live with his boyfriend I bought it.

Back