Popsugar 2015 Special Edition Resort Box **SPOILERS**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately someone on Facebook asked if the cooltone was also going to be sent but PS replied that only the set pictured (warm) would be in the box. Now I'm concerned that I will regret this purchase.

I know others will disagree but seems like these sub boxes are skewed to gold jewelry and warm palettes.
I would agree. And I also asked on FB and they confirmed that they would only send out warm colors. So I suppose if the majority of users are warm, I should stop buying these boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
So excited for this box and the palette! Hoping we get other summery items--sick of winter! I don't mind warm colors as long as they are build able and go on light :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just read that bumble is doing a new version of their surf spray that's an infusion and moisturizes while making hair beachy. Would love that in the box!

What else...maybe a tote for the beach, some moisturizing sunblock, a lightweight scarf or wrap...

Hmmm I saw this on their Facebook page in response to a question about only sending the warm cosmetic set: we'll be offering the colors listed in our photo. Just to clarify, the preferences aren't used to customize boxes, but rather to get an understanding of what our subscribers like.

Not sure how I feel about that.

I'm excited for this box. I like the spoiler and I'm thinking that travel razor posted on IG might be in the resort box now that March spoilers are out and it's not in there.

I'd love a new surf spray or hair mask. An M+G candle would be amazing. I'd also like a fancy drink mix, sunglasses, or hair accessories. The chance of jewelry is pretty high I think because of last year's resort and summer boxes.

Btw, my first MUT post. hello :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmmm I saw this on their Facebook page in response to a question about only sending the warm cosmetic set: we'll be offering the colors listed in our photo. Just to clarify, the preferences aren't used to customize boxes, but rather to get an understanding of what our subscribers like.

Not sure how I feel about that.
. Hmmmm...... I would bet $$$ that the warm tones are what does not sell at the store counter as well as the cool tones, I know that when I've taken advantage of the special offers with purchase through Clinique and Estée Lauder the cool tones are usely out of stock unless you are purchasing during the first half of the offer period ........ The manufacter's likely make a better offer to Popsugar to take the "warm" colors off their inventory.

I'm excited for this box. I like the spoiler and I'm thinking that travel razor posted on IG might be in the resort box now that March spoilers are out and it's not in there.

I'd love a new surf spray or hair mask. An M+G candle would be amazing. I'd also like a fancy drink mix, sunglasses, or hair accessories. The chance of jewelry is pretty high I think because of last year's resort and summer boxes.

Btw, my first MUT post. hello :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Welcome :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would love to see a beach bag, a surf spray would be great,some fun jewelry, a cute cover-up/ sarong type thing (but thats probably really hard to do to fit all sizes), a lip scrub or balm with spf.  I find that in the LE boxes there s almost always something similar to something to in that month's box.  So I wonder if we'll get another diffuser or cosmetic bag.  I love reading everyone's ideas, you ladies come up with things I'd never think of!  So fun!

I opted to order a box once they were getting low and I'm happy with the spoiler but I just realized that last year's box had 7 items not 6 (winter also had 7 items).  I truly hope that the other 5 items are great (saying this from my tainted NM and fall box purchases).
Hmm interesting and 1 of those items is probably a food item, I hope that means the other items are awesome high quality high value gotta have items. I want this box to just like magically show up on my doorstep soon.

I'd like some small waterproof speakers for outdoors, but the ones I've looked at and thought about adding to our pool area probably cost more than PS wants to spend on one item for a box. Plus, there is probably only a smallish niche market for the item. 

I have everything I need and want for resort travel, so would like things I can use here at our home pool. Very nice long swimming season in this part of Texas. 

I'd love a OSFA oversized  T shirt with the first logo PSMH used on the beach bags in one of the first boxes. It could be a sleep shirt, or a beach/ pool coverup shirt.  I hate sarongs as I am very tall and also clumsy- ha. They never stay tucked and tied like they are supposed to. 

After having to deal with so much ORANGE and peach tones in K- makeup, I'm not at all worried about a premium brand like Jane Iredale making a lip and face palette that's not universally flattering. Besides, how do you make " cool toned" bronzer? I mean, I have thought about that and really do NOT know how a bronzer could be cool toned... I can wear either cool tones or warm tones, having very neutral light coloring without a tan, so I'm not complaining or arguing about the selection. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm totally up for food item or items. They usually curate food items I want to try or already like ( coffee being the exception- we don't drink it). 

I think they nailed it with the makeup! Feels very 'resort' to me. Here's what else I'd love to see for the other 5 items: Sunnies! Everyone loves sunglasses. A nice cocktail mix. Body oil- like the Josie Maran Hawaiian scented argon oils. A bright colored or fun printed beach bag or clutch (I know I'm probably alone on the clutch!). And I know we will get some sort of candy or snack, I'd love some licorice in a piña colada or mango flavor.

I think a beach bag would be nice (maybe a brightly colored mesh backpack?) and LOVE the speakers idea, too.  Cute earbuds would work, too.  

Truth be told, I would rather get a gift card for somewhere to pick my own sunglasses.  I have a really hard time finding ones that fit me and that I like.  

A passport cover would be great, too.

How about some cute Tory Burch flip flops?

I agree, sunglasses can be hard. A gift card for flower delivery would be awesome too, since so many people we hoping for it in February and it didn't happen. Some gorgeous white flowers would feel very resort-y also!

I think a beach bag would be nice (maybe a brightly colored mesh backpack?) and LOVE the speakers idea, too.  Cute earbuds would work, too.  

Truth be told, I would rather get a gift card for somewhere to pick my own sunglasses.  I have a really hard time finding ones that fit me and that I like.  

A passport cover would be great, too.

How about some cute Tory Burch flip flops?
I d love some fun flip flops but I don't think they d do flip flops due to sizing.  They mentioned on face book those questions we answered about preferences (which included shoe sizes) are not to customize boxes but rather to get a feel for what their subscribers like.  Personally I think it was just an excuse about the not sending the cool version of the makeup when that is one of the questions.  I mean seriously why does it matter what shoe size your subscribers have if you aren't going to customize boxes.  Anyhoo I wish you were right on the flip flops but I m not holding my breath.  I also agree with the sunglasses its hard to pick ones out that fit everyone or even the majority.  A gift card would be fun though.  I hope they start sending these out soon I want it!!!! 

So the sphynx razor is not in the March box do you ladies think it ll be in this one.  At the end of february there was actually a review of it on Popsugar.  Along with the article was a picture of a blue and white striped one, it is so cute I want that one lol.  I think if its not in the box I m going to have to get one it looks so neat!  I never thought I d be wishing for a razor but my fingers are crossed its in here.

Back