PopSugar Holiday for Her/Him 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like the for her box finally sold out. I was hoping to get a coupon for that, oh well...

If anyone wants to sell their bracelet or headband (or even the entire box), please let me know!

I'm new to this subscription (from this Nov), so I don't have a swap list (or a lot of stuff to swap with), but I really want the bracelet and headband lol.

Wow, was it FUN to hand the For Him box to my husband yesterday and tell him this was his present for patiently watching me open sub boxes for the last year. He beamed and decided to open it right away rather than wait until Christmas. I think it is safe to say he loves almost everything in the box. He immediately checked to be sure his laptop would fit in the bag, he has already worn a pair of the socks and washed out the cocktail tube and mug in preparation for a Moscow Mule tonight, set up the bacon rub for tomorrow's weekend brunch, handed me the toothpicks to put aside for my son's birthday as he is a serious Scotch lover, and spent the evening curled up under his new throw on the couch watching TV (and falling asleep...). Only the money clip isn't something he'll use, the rest was all PERFECT for him. Between this and the Target For Him box, he's becoming a fan of sub boxes (and I think I got some big brownie points for picking them up for him).

Yep looks like they managed to get rid of all the for Her boxes. I've managed to score trades or purchase the items I wanted from the box, so I'm ok with not purchasing one.

I wonder if they'll do a promo for the left over NM boxes.

If anyone who received two For Her boxes wants to sell one of their boxes, please let me know! I ordered one on the 23rd of November for my mom and they're was a glitch that didn't to put the Apt. number when they sent it. So once it got to my town they sent it back to Popsugar and I wasn't able to get ahold in time for them to add the apt. number and have it delivered. I've been contacting Popsugar for over a week now through email and Facebook and they just replied today saying the boxes were sold out, that my box will be used for parts one returned to the warehouse, that they couldn't send it anyways because it wouldn't be delivered by the 24th (even though on the site it says you can order by the 18th...). So I'm getting my money back, but now have a few days to shop for my mom now when she had already seen the spoilers and loved them (but didn't know yet that she was getting it). So if anyone has an extra they want to sell, let me know!

I got my box today and also got two boxes. I wonder what happened there? How did so many people get two boxes?? 

I'm giving both sets of candle holders to my mom, along with the wine stopper from the December box. They're totally her style and will fit in well in my parents house. I'm also giving her one of the Butter lip gloss packs. I got her a bunch of ColourPop lippies too, so she'll have a bunch of new fun stuff! 

The headband surprisingly looks fine on me. Usually headbands look stupid on me for some reason, but I think this will get some use, especially during cold days. I work mainly outside as a pet sitter, so it will be nice. I'm giving my extra one to my best friend, who works with me and it'll come in handy.

Lotion kept my hands pretty soft today, so I like it. 

The bracelet actually fit! Just barely, but it fit! I thought for sure it wouldn't, as my wrists aren't super tiny or anything. 

Perfume definitely feels out of place. IDK what I'll do with it. I'll give it a try on me and see how it smells. I'm definitely a unisex scent kind of girl, but I'll give it a try...who knows, maybe I'll like it.

So I ordered 2 Holiday for Her and got 2 extras, but when I wrote to customer service they asked me to send them both back and attached return labels, so anyone who got extras I wouldn't assume you can keep them since that's how they responded to me... Oh well honesty is the best policy right lol...

Has anyone who had broken candles received replacements yet?  Just wondering.

Also, I wore my bracelet out to dinner on NYE and it fell off my wrist.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  If anyone has it to swap, please let me know!

I received my replacement candles today, and one was broken with a large chunk of wax missing out of the side.  I did not receive any jewelry, which I told would be included for the too small bracelet when I first contacted them in December.  I'm not even sure it's worth it to keep asking them for replacements.  

I received my replacement candle holders today and I had told them the bracelet didn't fit, so they also sent the candle/jewelry box from the November PSMH (unfortunately even in bubble wrap a small corner broke off, but I don't mind, I'll still use the candle and toss it when I'm done), the Deepa Gurnani necklace from the Special Edition Fall box, and some Kendra Scott earrings, not sure which box they are from. I'm happy with my replacements, but I think they only sent them because I sent a reminder last week about it and let them know it had been over a month.

Just an FYI, I emailed Popsugar a few days ago since I had not received my replacement candles or heard anything about them. I just received an email that saying: "Unfortunately we are completely out of stock in this item and as a result we are not able to issue replacements. As a remedy we will issue your account a partial refund for these candles."

I first emailed them about the candles on 12/15/15.

Just an FYI, I emailed Popsugar a few days ago since I had not received my replacement candles or heard anything about them. I just received an email that saying: "Unfortunately we are completely out of stock in this item and as a result we are not able to issue replacements. As a remedy we will issue your account a partial refund for these candles."

I first emailed them about the candles on 12/15/15.
Oh man thats so incredibly frustrating and even more annoying that you have to track them down to get an answer.  I really hate how they think replying to a comment means the issue is resolved--- the issue should not be considered resolved until the item is received. They need to follow up on things it's getting ridiculous. So sorry you had to deal with this.

Popsugar is beyond frustrating in the (lack of) customer service department.  I contacted them NOVEMBER13th about a missing box, was told 4 times between then and a month later through email and FB that one was being sent.  The first part of January I contacted them AGAIN asking what was up and they said they'd refund me because they had no more boxes.  Long story short, they ignored me on and off for two months, gave me the run around and finally last week Novembers box showed up on my doorstep.  The candle was busted in twenty pieces.  I'm not even bothering with them anymore, such a frustrating joke to treat your customers like that.  After I was tersely told on FB that they weren't ignoring me, that there were only 2 CS reps it all became clear.  They need to get their sh!t together and hire some more reps.  I feel these two are so overburdened that they just stop replying and ignore problems they don't want to nor know how to solve. 

tl;dr POPSUGAR GET YOUR SH!T TOGETHER!!

I received my replacement candle holders today and I had told them the bracelet didn't fit, so they also sent the candle/jewelry box from the November PSMH (unfortunately even in bubble wrap a small corner broke off, but I don't mind, I'll still use the candle and toss it when I'm done), the Deepa Gurnani necklace from the Special Edition Fall box, and some Kendra Scott earrings, not sure which box they are from. I'm happy with my replacements, but I think they only sent them because I sent a reminder last week about it and let them know it had been over a month.
I find it very frustrating that they treat each person differently - i.e. I was told I would receive a necklace because the bracelet didn't fit, but when I got my replacement broken candles for the other broken candles that I initially received, there was nothing extra.  Why does one person get Kendra Scott earrings when another person gets nothing?  Why does one person get 2 limited edition boxes when only charged for 1, and they are told to just keep the extra when someone else is told send it back or you'll get charged?  I emailed them AGAIN about my second round of broken candles 2 days ago and haven't heard back yet...  So frustrating!

My broken candles were supposed to arrive weeks ago..... After an email I now know that they aren't coming EVER and they are refunding part of the box.... I'm not sure when they are doing that because it hasn't happened yet! I may have to email and ask when that will happen also. 

Latest posts

Back