POPSUGAR Must Have - August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got

the dark purple Baggu and the Verde oil. The Baggu is really a lot bigger than I was expecting! I'm hoping my dog will fit in it well, because I made a boo boo and washed/dried the beach bag from last month and it shrank a lot.

Verde is a clean green scent with melon and tonka and jasmine. I'm not usually much for clean scents, but the jasmine mixes well with everything and it ends up being a nice clean floral. I love jasmine, so I am happy.

I'm really excited to try everything! The wine glasses are so light! I'm going to have to test them out tonight with some Charles Shaw Cabernet. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
This is the same combo I got!  I even have that same wine!  Clearly, this is Meant to Be.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've got hummus and wine in the fridge, and my box should be here Saturday -- after I take my twelve-year-old nephew for his annual school supply shopping extravaganza.  I have a feeling I will be treating my stress with snacks and booze.

And this is my new favorite sub:  I got email today that said that two people have used my referral link, and now I'm getting September's box for free!  That was fast.  I've never gotten a free box from any sub from referrals before.  This is very exciting.
Congrats on your referrals! That is exciting. I hope someone from Pinterest will eventually use my link to subscribe. Several people liked and I think one even re-pinned, but no credits so far. I think it would be easier if I could send them to my link with another picture. I don't know how to do that yet. How cool that we got the exact same stuff. Charles Saw Cabernet is the wine I usually drink at home, because it's good and cheap. I don't like all cheap wine, or every variety of CS, but this one has been my go-to for about six years.

I'm actually really excited about this box! This will be my first box from them. I've been wanting stemless wine glasses and that bag looks PERFECT for running to the gym. I don't like the pretzels or granola but I'll send them in care packages to my friends. Everything else looks great too. However, I was thinking about emailing them and asking for the discount code that they offered people AFTER I signed up. Y'all think they would credit me? 
I was thinking about emailing them about the coupon code. I'm not expecting them to credit me but I want to express my thoughts on first box. I got my box today and am very happy with it. It's totally worth the $35. Would I have bought these products only own (probably not) I don't think I wouldve bought these even at at a total price of $35 and certainly not at their full price. With that being said, this is a way for me to try stuff that I normally wouldn't buy to begin with. I'm most excited about the bag and the skincare stuff. The diffuser is really nice and I will be putting that in my downstairs bathroom. Love pretzel crisps! I'm still on the fence if I will continue this sub or not. I have WAY to many subs and to be iffy on the most expensive is kinda a deal breaker. I'm pretty much done with Birchbox as well.

Ahh, this one sounds like such fun, but to get this I'd have to get rid of either LBB for a few months or SS and mG. Nooooooo!  I'll watch for one more month, and if next month is as fun as this one, I might skip LBB for a month or two and try i t :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When and where do they release the theme for next month?  I am trying to decide whether to continue.  While the items in this box were generally awesome, I think most of them will end up as Christmas gifts as they weren't necessarily awesome for me. 

I got the diffuser in Isola which is too floral for me.  I'm afraid to even try to trade for a scent I'd like better as I'm too worried about trying to ship it in such a way that it wouldn't break.  I love baggu bags a lot, but already have a dozen or so and just don't need another.  I am excited about the sprout products and the pretzels, but I'm not sure, when those are the only items I'm keeping for me, that is worth the cost of the box.  I guess it is at least inexpensive Christmas gifts for people I know will love them.

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When and where do they release the theme for next month?  I am trying to decide whether to continue.  While the items in this box were generally awesome, I think most of them will end up as Christmas gifts as they weren't necessarily awesome for me. 

I got the diffuser in Isola which is too floral for me.  I'm afraid to even try to trade for a scent I'd like better as I'm too worried about trying to ship it in such a way that it wouldn't break.  I love baggu bags a lot, but already have a dozen or so and just don't need another.  I am excited about the sprout products and the pretzels, but I'm not sure, when those are the only items I'm keeping for me, that is worth the cost of the box.  I guess it is at least inexpensive Christmas gifts for people I know will love them.

My husband doesn't like Verde. So, I'm going to have to take a stab at trading for the gardenia one or Uno. I usually use more earthy or primarily florals in our home, so I think he is just not used to the "clean" scent. I think it will be okay if I put it all back in the original packaging, and then wrap it in a lot of bubble wrap. I ship smaller glass containers all the time, so I expect if I can find a box the right size, it won't be risky.

Got my box today and I got Isola as well. I tried just smelling it and I can't smell anything but alcohol. I know it won't be that strong when I use it, but I'm just not even sure how to describe it.

I got my box today and got the Isola scent and a pink and white polka dot Baggu.  I wanted the blue and white striped one, but I think I like this one even better now!
As for getting referrals, I have been posting about my subscription boxes on my blog for a few months now.  I subscribe to Citrus Lane, Birchbox, Birchbox Man, PopSugar, Kiwi Crate and a few others.  I think it helps a lot when you show pictures and talk about how fun it is, etc.

pink and white polka dot!? so envious! i havent received my box yet, the suspense of holding the items in my hands is killing me!

I only need one more referral for a free box. If anyone is interested in a link, feel free to send me a PM.  I'd appreciate it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the 

Baggu in Sailor Stripes and Alora Reed Diffuser in Isola. I personally love the Isola scent (it reminds me of VACATION) but I'm super dissapointed in the rest of the box's contents. I definitely wouldn't buy most of the products at full price...

Giving this box one more month :

The 8oz (which we got) is $60 on their site (a little better than $90, LOL)

I haven't checked anywhere else for it yet

Originally Posted by Rach212 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The 8oz (which we got) is $60 on their site (a little better than $90, LOL)

I haven't checked anywhere else for it yet
Oops, I was trying to reply to someone on pg 5 that asked about the Alora scents.  Can you tell I'm new here!  haha.

So I finally got my Must Have Bag/Box today ...  I didn't think it was ever going to get here!  This was my first and I'd been on the fence about it but decided to give it a shot when someone shared the 50% off code.  I think I would have been a little bummed if I'd paid the full $35 for it, but overall, it's got some neat stuff.  I like the bag (purple) but I'm not crazy about my oil scent (isola) ....

Guess I need to decide if I want to stay on for September's ... 

My box is down the street at the post office. They didn't deliver to my house for some reason. Boooooo

FINALLY got my bag today and I absolutely love it!!!  Not exactly the combo I was hoping for (purple bag, Isolo), but I actually really like the scent!  It's funny I had the same pretzels in my pantry already, but they are soooo good dipped in Nutella so I'm not upset we got another bag.  Very happy with this month.  I'll definitely be keeping my subscription and hoping for another great surprise next month!

Finally got my box today as well and posted pictures on blog. I love the contents of the box, but wish I had gotten the Sailor Stripe Baggu instead of the purple. Oh well. The reed diffuser smells lovely though and the pretzel chips are already on their way towards being devoured. I think this box was a great value and will be sticking around.

If any of you lovely ladies doesn't want their Pop Physique DVD or Baggu bag (wishful thinking!) please PM me - I would love to trade!

I just got my box yesterday because I was too lazy to walk to my apartment manager's office and omg I love the diffuser! 

Back