Popsugar Must Have August 2016 Box Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my box yesterday and love it. I got a navy striped bag, which for me is perfect, so I'm very happy. I actually used the mini charger to charge my phone and it worked well. Fits in my purse so easy to bring along with me. I loved the popcorn, as did my husband! The blush is a very subtle color so I really like that as well. I am much happier with this months box and glad to see an improvement, the last two were misses for me. 

Was any one else excited by the spoilers and then totally underwhelmed when the box was in hand?  I got a boring black bag-- one of the reasons I love pop sugar is because they introduce me to to fun pattern and colors I might not get myself.  Its a lovely bag but a bit blah compared to some of the other lovely patterns sent out oh well it will be used its practical but not very exciting or "must have" for me. The charger was a bit of a let down for me too-- it drives me crazy when you have to use the phone's charger cord (mine is huge) if i m going to lug that around why not just use that to charge it.  I dunno I would have liked if the little plug fit my phone-- does it fit anyone's phone or is it not meant to?  Oh well I think I m getting a little burnt out on this box I don't know if it just because I ve been getting them for awhile or what but they don't seem as fun and exciting as they used too.  Ok enough being a bummer, hope you ladies enjoy your boxes and have a lovely day :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

FYI, I was charging the pen battery on my laptop when it gave out a surge warning to the USB port and shut it down after about... 30 minutes or so charging it up.

I suggest as a precaution, making sure if you charge from your computer, that you have the newer USB ports that detect the surge and will shut it down like mine did.  It could be a fluke, could be something that damaged it in shipping but it definitely won't be going into my wall.

I'm charging my phone on it now (my phone has the warranty protection on surges for charging, since I live in Florida and lightning likes my house) and no issues, but something to watch out for.  It's getting a tad warm charging my phone - which it really shouldn't be doing so take caution if you intend to use this in a purse or bag and want to charge with your phone/tablet in hand.  Make sure you take it out to cool it every so often.

ETA: After running through a full charge, it gave me about 40% battery, which seems rather underpowered for the size, but will certainly get you some extra life for not a lot of effort!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back