POPSUGAR Must Have Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, I noticed that one of the items is a ...........................................................which does add a bit to the variety. 
Thank you for posting this!

I assumed they were the same. Will trade of gift both.

I dont wear RED and the Taupe/mauve lipstick is not really my color

Originally Posted by hrseangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you for posting this!

I assumed they were the same. I may used this one and trade or gift the other.

I dont wear LIPSTICK and really cant wear RED anything

I googled the lip conditioner to see a swatch, and it kind of does look red anyways. it's the "ilia tinted lip conditioner bang bang" if you want to google for a picture. I was also hoping it'd be lighter. 

Since the RGB NAILPOLISH lists on their site

*No Formaldehyde, No Toluene, No DBP,
No Formaldehyde Resin, No Camphor
Made in the USA
Cruelty Free *

I am trying to swap all mine out for this kind of product, I am excited to try them!!

Pictures please
smile.gif

IT CAME
icon_cheers.gif
 I was prepared to disappointed by it; I have to say I'm actually not.

When all the FULL SIZED products are on the table in front of me and for the price I paid, it is a good value. The 2 items I'm not interested in using I will save them for gifts or possibly trade. Seeing the comments above about the possibility of different themes every month, sounds fun and I will keep my subscription for now.

[snip]  2 RGB polishes "MINTY" pale green "DOLL" taupe (bottles are small/like Zoya minis)

[snip]
What is the size on these?  

I have a full-sized bottle from this brand that looks like a mini when compared to a rectangular (and thus similarly-shaped) Cosmetic Arts 15 ml polish, but the RGB polish is actually 12 ml, and full-sized polishes are usually 15 ml, so it's not *that* much smaller.  It's just 1 ml smaller than the polishes I get from a-england, and it's 1 ml larger than butter LONDON polishes, and essence polishes are usually 5 - 8 ml (depending on the specific polish.  This one apparently just *looks* smaller because other polishes tend to have thicker-walled bottles.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What is the size on these?  

I have a full-sized bottle from this brand that looks like a mini when compared to a rectangular (and thus similarly-shaped) Cosmetic Arts 15 ml polish, but the RGB polish is actually 12 ml, and full-sized polishes are usually 15 ml, so it's not *that* much smaller.  It's just 1 ml smaller than the polishes I get from a-england, and it's 1 ml larger than butter LONDON polishes, and essence polishes are usually 5 - 8 ml (depending on the specific polish.  This one apparently just *looks* smaller because other polishes tend to have thicker-walled bottles.

they are 12 ml

Hey guys! Just wanted to update you all. I sent them a very nice email regarding the whole false advertisement thing and I told them that I wanted to refund. I offered sending stuff back if it was more convenient for them but they were very kind. I told them that it just simply was not a service for me and I didn't appreciate being hyped up. This was their response.....

Thank you for your email. Our sincerest apologies for any confusion. We did change the subscription value listed on our site, as we realized that it could vary slightly from month to month. We wanted to make sure that we weren't misleading, as you noted, and would rather surprise customers when the value is higher than expected.

We are going to refund you in full for your first box — no need to return any of the products.

We’ve put a lot of thought into next month’s box, which will include more product and brand variety based on initial feedback from launch partners like you. The box themes are refreshed every month, and August will be completely different than July. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Thank you,
POPSUGAR Support

Originally Posted by Lotus Luxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey guys! Just wanted to update you all. I sent them a very nice email regarding the whole false advertisement thing and I told them that I wanted to refund. I offered sending stuff back if it was more convenient for them but they were very kind. I told them that it just simply was not a service for me and I didn't appreciate being hyped up. This was their response.....

Thank you for your email. Our sincerest apologies for any confusion. We did change the subscription value listed on our site, as we realized that it could vary slightly from month to month. We wanted to make sure that we weren't misleading, as you noted, and would rather surprise customers when the value is higher than expected.

We are going to refund you in full for your first box — no need to return any of the products.

We’ve put a lot of thought into next month’s box, which will include more product and brand variety based on initial feedback from launch partners like you. The box themes are refreshed every month, and August will be completely different than July. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Thank you,

POPSUGAR Support

That's the exact same email I received as well.  I got a response super quick.  CS seems to be pretty good but I don't know if I want to continue, $38 is a lot compared to other subs.

I think that is very savvy of them and shows good business sense.  They are operating on VC dollars right now so thier public perception means everything at this point.  There are already talks of POPSUGAR being acquired by either Yahoo or FB, so if they can maintain a positive consumer perception they are golden.  

Like other silicon valley businesses, it won't be important that they are in the black for the next 3 to 5 years, they simply need to maintain a good public image, increase client base and the VC dollars will keep coming.

I'm upgrading my prior thoughts on this company.  I did some research after my last two not so favorable remarks on them.  It think this first little hicuup will probably whip them into shape.  I'm very excited to see next month's offering!!

Originally Posted by Lotus Luxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you,
POPSUGAR Support
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I love those lipstick colors! 

Depending on the August pictures I might give this sub a try. I already cancelled Glossybox and Beauty Army for now, so I will actually have the funds for an expensive subscription if I really like what it's offering. For now I will just stalk everyone's pictures and drool :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by tulippop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's everything except for the bag.  I have more pics on my blog

Originally Posted by tulippop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's everything except for the bag.  I have more pics on my blog

Thanks!! Hmmm.. I wonder how these came up as $150 worth. Or maybe it was really like $100 worth and they lured us to sign up for $150 worth of prods?

I hope next month is better.

thanks! i have a busy day today so as soon as i get home from work and stopping at ulta i am on it. i hope there are still spots open!....off to work!

Originally Posted by Jo Cres /img/forum/go_quote.gif

thanks! i have a busy day today so as soon as i get home from work and stopping at ulta i am on it. i hope there are still spots open!....off to work!
I private messaged you a link the other day when you asked.  I hope you are able to use it and subscriptions are still open.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Thanks!

Now that I have had time to actually play around with the products I have to say, I really do like just about everything that was in this box.  Sure, it's pricier than several of the other subs I am currently subscribed to, but if I actually use everything in it it will end up being a much better value.  I probably will cancel something else to keep this if I end up enjoying the next few boxes as well. 

The kind bars were delicious!  I never even heard of these before.  I will most definitely be purchasing more of these in the future, especially the Madagascar Vanilla Almond one.  These two bars were what I thought I wouldn't like, but they were yummy. 

I received a very nice email back from the company after asking for a refund.  They even wrote specific comments on some of my suggestions and thanked me for willing to finish up the remainder of my 3 months.   Quick response too  - especially for a weekend

Sigh, I have asked for a refund as well. If they can give information about it not being beauty items in the future I'd be willing to rejoin, but I just don't need beauty stuff and I'm sad there wasn't a book, a pair of earrings, etc etc. That article they wrote had me so excited about the things they could have included!

Originally Posted by lyrastar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sigh, I have asked for a refund as well. If they can give information about it not being beauty items in the future I'd be willing to rejoin, but I just don't need beauty stuff and I'm sad there wasn't a book, a pair of earrings, etc etc. That article they wrote had me so excited about the things they could have included!
Thankfully their CS is pretty good from what I've experienced so far and also super fast to respond.  I found it funny that their card said "July means vacations, beach reading and spending time with family and friends."  No book or magazine was included but the card they gave us had a tear-off bookmark.  XD

IT CAME
icon_cheers.gif
 I was prepared to disappointed by it; I have to say I'm actually not.

When all the FULL SIZED products are on the table in front of me and for the price I paid, it is a good value. The 2 items I'm not interested in using I will save them for gifts or possibly trade. Seeing the comments above about the possibility of different themes every month, sounds fun and I will keep my subscription for now.

Received all the same items as above review

Body scrub (Raspberry) smells good enough to eat!

Body Lotion (Pomegranate)

2 RGB polishes "MINTY" pale green "DOLL" taupe (bottles are small/like Zoya minis)

1 Ilia Lip Conditioner BANG BANG (red!!!)

1 Ilia Lipstick IN MY ROOM (taupe/mauve)

2 bars different flavors (already know I like these)

POPSUGAR Beach bag~surprised by actual quality. It is nice and thick with a zipper
I got the same thing (colors). Added up the cost and got $99. I do like everything,just felt like I was suckered by Popsugar. If you say one price value and switch it after the fact that is cheating! The doubles of brands was strange! I will stick it out a few more months to see if it gets better.

This is my first post here... :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Latest posts

Back