POPSUGAR Must Have Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by tulippop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thankfully their CS is pretty good from what I've experienced so far and also super fast to respond.  I found it funny that their card said "July means vacations, beach reading and spending time with family and friends."  No book or magazine was included but the card they gave us had a tear-off bookmark.  XD
I've seen good things about their CS which I am thankful for. I mean, the body scrub and lotion seem nice, but I will not use 2 lipsticks and the polish, eh. If I had known it was beauty month I wouldn't have done it, since I basically paid $35 for some body scrub. Now, a fashion or home goods or literary month I'm all in for! I would love jewelry or office supplies or something unique like that. But I can't trust their vague descriptions, clearly - unless they learn from this bag. I'd be happy to cancel one of my other subs and do this one instead if they do something different every month. I told them all of this in my e-mail so we'll see how they reply...

Eh... I don't know if I'm just not being picky but I'm content with what they sent. Yeah it's a bit shady they changed the worth of the bag out of nowhere, though.

Here are my thoughts on the bag:

The RGB Doll nail polish... wearing it already and it is the perfect nude nail polish for me. Too bad just yesterday I ordered a Le Metier nude nail polish from Nordies. As for the green one eh... I already have too many green/mint n/ps from these boxes to last me a life time.

I love that the bag has pockets. It's not just some cheapy tote... I usually hate bags/totes and I literally have a stash of them... but this one I think I might actually use!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As for the bars... I'm getting over a cold so I'm just not that hungry as I am dehydrated and whatnot. So I decided I needed SOME calories and ate a bar, and while they're a liiiil dry (or my throat is, from this cold) they're actually pretty good! And I like that I understand all the ingredients! And calorie-wise they're not that bad. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The body scrub smells amazinggg and I'm really glad it's jelly-ish instead of creamy. I got a thick oat/creamy body scrub in another sub a few months back and that thing almost clogged my shower so I threw it out. As for the body lotion, eh... I'm ambivalent. I prefer cocoa butter, shea butter... things that are a little more natural but I mean it's body lotion. In a pinch, it'll work.

Haven't tried the lip products yet as I'm still sick-y but for the most part I'm hearing good things!
I'm sticking around. I really wish they had included a book, though. That would have just been the icing on the cake and would have driven the value of the bag up for sure! Overall I'm pleased. The worth is more than what I paid for and I think I foresee good things coming if they send non-beauty products in the future. There are too many beauty subs out there for them to charge so much.

Also, I don't mind that they sent out fewer brands and two of each brand. In fact, I prefer it. I cannot get a taste of a brand based off one product alone. Here I get a variety of two different things by those brands to make a better guess as to whether I will like this brand as a whole after the box is delivered. I feel it cements the brand in my mind better. Just owning a one-off of a brand I might never think to look into the brand ever again. I have two products I like by the same brand? - well I really should look into that brand, right?

*shrugs* I like my box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i did! signed up and will get august! they said shipping won't happen until the 25th though so i am very bummed its going to take that long. ! thanks for sending me the link. i hope you got credit for me signing up.

Originally Posted by Jo Cres /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i did! signed up and will get august! they said shipping won't happen until the 25th though so i am very bummed its going to take that long. ! thanks for sending me the link. i hope you got credit for me signing up.
I did thanks! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for posting you email and response from CS!!! If my box is the same (which I assume it will be) I will DEFINITELY be asking for a refund!

So I got my box yesterday and I am feeling okay about it. It was nice to actually play around with the products and I'm happy that they are full-size. At the same time, there wasn't anything in particular that made me super-excited, you know? I feel like for $35, they should definitely be including higher-end/more well-known brands. I'll stick it out for next month and make a decision then (hopefully lol).

im really dissatisfied with this bag and am consodering the refund but theyve got me excited for next month. what to do..what to do!!?

im really dissatisfied with this bag and am consodering the refund but theyve got me excited for next month. what to do..what to do!!?
Maybe you can ask to return that box and ask if that refund can go towards the August box. That's what I plan to do when I get mine. Im not too happy with the contents at all.

The way I read the "First Bag Guarantee" is you can ask for the refund, but you don't need to cancel the subscription.  That is why the put the statement in there about only using the "First Bag Guarantee" once.

Basically it gives them 2 strikes, the first time, you can ask for the "First Bag Guarantee", the second time, you can cancel.  Also if you average the two bags together (the refunded one and the next one) they each only cost $17.50.

I just got my box a few hours ago. I've been lurking for about a week. I'm not disappointed overall, but I do have some critical things to say.

I love the lipsticks! I love that they are semi-sheer and moisturizing, but still have good color pay-out, plus the actual colors look very flattering on me. I think they did a good job picking the shades.

I am very happy that they gave us these fruit and nut bars. They sound really good and just the sort of snack I am most interested in (other than organic chocolate.)

I'm not super thrilled with the scrub and lotion set. They are not high end and have a lot of weird-sounding chemicals in the ingredients. I try to keep it naturalish with my bodycare, brands like EO, Pacifica, Jasons, and Nature's Gate. Parabens are the last listed ingredients, so I chose to give the products a chance. The lotion does feel nice, but it is called Pomegranate and smells like mango. Hello random! I decided to be indulgent and mixed the two together by the handful and used it that way. I'll use them up in that fashion, but I won't be buying them myself. They're just not up to my standards.

The tote bag is huge and good quality. I feel like the print and logo could be cuter. But I like the colors and the fact that it has a zipper.

I haven't tried the nail polish yet. Maybe I will soon, but I'm expecting a Julep package soon, so I might wait.

I was surprised that we didn't get any samples at all and so few brands. I was really expecting to get a fashion item in this box like sunglasses, flip flops, a bracelet, earrings, a scarf, or something for our hair? To me, I thought the idea of this box was to pick out the season's must-have items, and boom, you have them. Like they'd have a spread in a magazine and say "You should try these items on the beach this summer" and then you would just have them. Why didn't they do that sort of thing instead of "July means vacations..." which had nothing to do with the items at all?

Am I the only person who doesn't have her PopSugar MUST have bag yet? 
madno.gif

I still haven't looked at the spoilers, but I can say for certain that the shipping sucks!

I think my bag stopped off for BBQ and a one night stand with Christian Grey. My bag's a floozy. 
patches.gif

I just got my box yesterday, but tried the nail polishes today - I LOVE them! The textures is smooth, goes on easily, and dries quickly. Both of the colors are really nice too.

They also have a new blog post up with them talking through the video of them talking through the products. I am looking forward to August - hopefully it ships out earlier this go round! 

Originally Posted by maclothier /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only person who doesn't have her PopSugar MUST have bag yet? 
madno.gif

I still haven't looked at the spoilers, but I can say for certain that the shipping sucks!

I think my bag stopped off for BBQ and a one night stand with Christian Grey. My bag's a floozy. 
patches.gif
lol -
laughno.gif

Mine may be fooling me because I just shaved my legs haha. Its def not my favorite scrub but I didn't think it was awful.

Latest posts

Back