POPSUGAR Must Have January 2013 Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know others have brought this up before but I forget the explanation. If Popsugar says the $35 includes free shipping, what's the rationale for charging extra? I've been regularly charged $38.11. Thanks!

I know others have brought this up before but I forget the explanation. If Popsugar says the $35 includes free shipping, what's the rationale for charging extra? I've been regularly charged $38.11. Thanks!
What state are you in? That looks like 8.9% sales tax.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What state are you in? That looks like 8.9% sales tax.
Ah you are 100% right. I don't know how I didn't think of that! I'm in NJ. 

Thanks!

I don't either. There was a nice woman in Cali who offered me her black for my blue. Sort of seems easier to find someone local in nyc to trade (or just keep it).

I loved this box!  My baby loves to teethe on the watch and the bright lights distract him during a diaper change.  Maybe that wasn't its intended purpose, but it works for us!  My old ball didn't survive my then 5 year old who wanted to see what would happen if he stabbed it repeatedly with a pen.  Somehow he made an unpatchable long gash in it.  This one is the perfect size for me.  The bars weren't perfect, but they made a fair stand in for lunch on a couple of days when things were too chaotic to eat until "quiet time" when I can always guarantee time for lunch.  I wouldn't call them health food, but they are better than a bag of chips.  It is sledding season, so the mini marshmallows, while not of the caliber we have come to anticipate from PopSugar are perfect for post cold hot cocoa.  I haven't used the chocolate yet, but am looking forward to a quiet afternoon when I need a little pick me up. 

Originally Posted by gingerjenny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like how the balm makes my lips feel but the smell is awful!  I pumped up the ball today.  I like it but wish it would of came with directions.  Loved the Hot chocolate pops they were yummy.  I got the black watch. I would never wear something so huge.  I liked 2 of the 3 bars...lol they are gone already. 
What kind of directions? (for the ball)...

Originally Posted by wldflowur13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only one that LOVED the marshmallow bits?!?! I gotta be honest and say that it was a definite high point of the box for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was a bit of a pig and munched on them without even making the hot chocolate sticks. I've already broken down and bought 2 other containers of it. They actually have several different flavors.
ME TOOOO

I've actually been wishing someone would make the dried marshmallows like you get in Lucky Charms. I'd love to add them to my (healthier) cereal (which defeats the purpose, I know, but at least then I only have one box of cereal)! Definitely the highlight of the box for me! 

Originally Posted by gingerjenny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like how the balm makes my lips feel but the smell is awful!  
Funny, I felt the opposite! I love the smell and it feels good going on, but it definitely dried my lips.

Originally Posted by cmello /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in nj and I'm charged $37.45 that's strange
If you scroll up to the top of the page, it appears that NJ is charging sales tax. CA has a presence, and also has a similar sales percentage.

Originally Posted by surelyslim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you scroll up to the top of the page, it appears that NJ is charging sales tax. CA has a presence, and also has a similar sales percentage.
I get charged sales tax in Ohio too. It's inevitable...if you are in a state that has sales tax, eventually you will be taxed on your internet purchases.

I also felt like the ball needed instructions for how to blow it up!  It sounds silly, but I wasn't sure what the white piece was and it took me for ever to figure out that it was a stopper to put in AFTER you were done blowing it up, and not a needle to use with the pump.  *facepalm*

I LOVED the ThinkThin bars, I have a really bad habit of eating fast food between meals when I get hungry and I'm trying to stop that.  They were delicious and not THAT terrible for you.

I hated the mini marshmallows, because they weren't real mini marshmallows.  They tasted like cardboard and sugar.

Ditto on the needing directions with the ball.  I googled it, but it would have been nice if they included basic instructions, how to know when it's too full or too soft, etc.  I thought it was strange that it didn't have any instructions at all.  I mean, my shampoo has instructions and stability balls certainly can't be as widely used as shampoo!

I just received my replacement watch!  And I verified:  It lights up!  I had a feeling that I would get a baby blue replacement for some reason (I originally received a PopSugar pink one), and that would have been fine because that's a color that would go with the hot pink band if I switched it out.  Well.  This is what I received today: 

That band on the left is purple.  As far as I have been able to dig up, this set is not actually for sale anywhere (and the faces on the watches they sell now do not have numbers on the faces).  I kind of have a feeling the company is trying to move some stock with old branding information since the box and the insert that the watches are wrapped around references Remix Watches all over the place, like remixwatches on Facebook and remixwatches.com, but they have changed over to xwatchco.  The website redirects, but remixwatches on Facebook no longer exists.  Anyway.  So now I have four different bands in my kinds of colors, one watch that lights up, and one that does not.  I'm very satisfied with this outcome.  Now I just have to get used to wearing watches again!

My watch broke today! It was only my second time wearing it. The wind up part broke off and will not go back in. I sent them a message. I hope I hear back! It was the only thing I liked about the box!

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just received my replacement watch!  And I verified:  It lights up!  I had a feeling that I would get a baby blue replacement for some reason (I originally received a PopSugar pink one), and that would have been fine because that's a color that would go with the hot pink band if I switched it out.  Well.  This is what I received today: 

That band on the left is purple.  As far as I have been able to dig up, this set is not actually for sale anywhere (and the faces on the watches they sell now do not have numbers on the faces).  I kind of have a feeling the company is trying to move some stock with old branding information since the box and the insert that the watches are wrapped around references Remix Watches all over the place, like remixwatches on Facebook and remixwatches.com, but they have changed over to xwatchco.  The website redirects, but remixwatches on Facebook no longer exists.  Anyway.  So now I have four different bands in my kinds of colors, one watch that lights up, and one that does not.  I'm very satisfied with this outcome.  Now I just have to get used to wearing watches again!
I complained earlier about PS responding poorly to my stained watch from this box. I was really unhappy about it but they sent me a new watch with two extra bands, just like this! My replacement watch was pink and the two bands were yellow and purple. It took emailing them a few times but they made it right! I am wearing the white watch I'd initially received with the yellow strap and the pink watch with the purple strap (well, just to experiment, bc it would be pretty strange to wear 2 of these watches). It's pretty great. This may actually turn it around for me.

My watch would not light up either, they said the would send out a replacement , hope I get the same as you! My first one is blue.

Back